Blaccy The Farmer (Also Marketplace Project)

General discussion and socializing.

Blaccy The Farmer (Also Marketplace Project)

Postby Blaccy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:06 pm

(100 hours in MS Paint, yo.)

This is me, quite obviously... and uh, yeah, lemme get to the point!

I'm a farmer, as noted by the picture, and things have been going great! However, one thing is just not sticking quite right... and that's the fact I have no trade going! I've decided to not ask for a mine, or water, giving myself more of a challenge, and now I'm asking the communities out there to help me out with a bit of trade. So, to be brief, here's a couple of lists!

Stuff I'm looking for:
- Wrought Iron
- Fish
- Sheep meat
- Piglet Sausages!
- Empty Quivers
- Fox Fuet
- Running Rabbit Sausage

Stuff I can supply:
- Bread
- Quivers full of Bone Arrows
- Candles
- Honeybuns
- Apple Pies
- Straw

Besides this stuff (which I want to encourage, so I can perhaps get involved with -some- of the community), I am also putting out Bread Baskets in my area, which is, simply put, a basket full of free bread. Mainly so people can come visit me sometime and check out my house, cause I am happy with it, and want to show what I've done. =P Please be careful though, since I have quite a big area claimed -- And still growing.

You can find me here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Blac_Slayer/mapme.png?t=1244138505

Besides this, I also would like to attempt to place free bread baskets at the Inn for newbies, despite how tough the journey can be (especially carrying baskets or chests around). If anyone is interested, please say so! So far the alpha of the game has proven enjoyable, and it can only get better if I start talking to others.

EDIT: That is indeed flax in the middle of the road. =D
EDITx2: Changed what I needed.
EDITx3: Changed title to fit the current thread a little.
Last edited by Blaccy on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blaccy

Re: Blaccy The Farmer

Postby Dwarfu » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Nice, I'll have to see what I have around that we can trade - I'm a farmer too, but I've also just ditched everything not related to farming (have to get rid of my leather stuff next), so I'll be needing trade partners soon.

I have to say, I like that little planter in the center of the road - what is that, flax?
Dwarfu

Postby sami1337 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:36 pm

I can give you as many quivers as you want. But i am wondering if you're just filling them up or if you want to keep them.
I also offer Leather and leather products like backpacks, pants, armor, hats and boots. Bear talisman and boar hat on special request only.

You do live quite far from me, so i only trade multiple things at a time.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Blaccy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:45 pm

For the most part, I just fill them up -- I trade my full quivers for your empty ones so I can keep crafting arrows without having overflow on my bones. You're welcome to drop by for a fill (I have about 5 quivers full at the moment), and probably to hang out. I am rather interested in getting a bear talisman sometime. We'll have to work something out for it.
Blaccy

Postby sami1337 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:24 am

Just the talisman and a couple quivers don't justify a trip though. But i guess i could drop by after trading with b12 again.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby kimya » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:09 am

really nice to hear from you! youre quite far away from me son trading doesnt make much sense (once there are carts, this might change). i like the idea of free bread!
kimya

Postby loftar » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:15 am

Of course, I don't want to dictate how you actually play the game, but wouldn't it be quite cool if you set up a marketplace on neutral ground between you? All the larger settlements could dedicate a person as trader.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Rift » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:24 am

inbetween us would be.. the middle of the map? eww.

I think having carts would go a long way.. even 1/2 way between us is very time consuming for only a backpack full of stuff [ you can carry a chest i guess.. but if its far its not faster]. Being able to bring a larger amount of supplies would really allow us to justify such long treks..
its kinda like.. i could spend a 1/2 hour getting there and back or.. i could make the supplies myself in 1/2 that time [ the exception being of course.. hugely time consuming items, which would be worth the trip].

Plus if people had carts it might encourage a person to become a roving trader traveling between towns and having a large stock of stuff and trading freely with all towns but being part of none... that seems pretty cool to me.

...horses would help in a similar manner.. anything to increase the efficency of trading long distance.

don't get me wrong.. our village is trading with people.. its just hard to justify sending someone long distance for a bunch of low-worth items, since they can only bring back so much.

EDIT: now that i think about it.. in the [real life] past wasn't it common for people to bring there goods to towns, rather then meeting half way... and where bigger towns trade with each other more often with traders traveling between big towns.. and people like farmers bringing goods to towns... Seems just like the natural way things work.
Rift

Postby Laremere » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:37 am

I agree very much. I hope carts are in the next update, as now that there are steel bars that are worth quite a bit, it'd be nice to really be able to trade. If carts are implemented, or promised to be implemented soon, I would gladly help build a road system as well. It'd mainly go between main outposts, but an increased cart speed would be a great benefit if the villages worked together to make it.
Laremere

Postby Blaccy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:07 am

Working with what I have, I will agree to Loftar's suggestion -- It was something I was considering, but the only problem that really rises is the inability of anyone being there. I'll gladly carry a chest to wherever it needs to be, and I wouldn't mind finding a suitable location to build a marketplace (Preferably with lots of paved ground, and flowers, and racks and runestones and such...). Give me some input besides the center of the ring, or if anything, provide me with a map detailing where the settlements are, and I can get right to work building a suitable marketspot for people to gather and trade accordingly! =o

And even though in terms of supplies and such, nothing right now never really merits a trip, what certainly does is the experience of seeing others gather. D= I'll go out an arm and leg to get people to come to a middle ground, regardless of if they do or don't. I just need directions of where to lay down my limbs!
Blaccy

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar