Makin a road

General discussion and socializing.

Makin a road

Postby bamump2k9 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:15 am

no, it's not just gonna be those milestones scattered in random places- i'm gonna make a road at least 3 tiles wide that span (hopefully) as far as i can build. it'll be paved, but seems that i keep dieing. When i actually get down to making this road you'll probably be seeing a hearthling with a wagon full of boulders and a plow. This is just a note to ask all of you who still play to not try to kill me if you see me cus i won't have anything but rocks and such.

bamump2k9 wrote:alright, its me again- since it was mentioned that folks don't like a road cutting through their villages or claims i am making a call out to whoever wants a road near them. Gimme your coordinates and i will see how close i can build. currently the road from Road Builders Mountain will be half a mini-map or so away from a village called New Horizons. The building plans call for the road to hit the lake that is just to the north of that. Then after it hits the lake it will go west towards the mountain at -41,51. If the village to the southwest of the second mountain hasn't expanded or any of the claims west of that haven't the road will continue west until it hits the lake at -62,53. The road will circle the lake until it reaches the northern most part of it and will continue northwards towards that mountain at -63, 42. If any users who follow this route have a village near there and do Not want a road near them state it here in this thread and put down the coordinates.

We are now right on top of Dis!

If anyone has a village that is in the direct path of road construction plans- inform the construction crew or me.
Currently looking for
Roadbuilders- this job is obvius
Architects- this job entails envisioning where the road will lead and mapping where it goes
scouts- this job entails looking ahead of construction and detailing obstacles, also opening up communications with the roadbuilder architects and lawspeakers of villages
Items needed
Pickaxes
waterflasks
Screenies
Last edited by bamump2k9 on Sat May 12, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The sum of my experience is comprised up of more skeletons on my own claim then alot of you guys have wood blocks invested in your wall. But even though these skeles show i am a bad player- i still strive to continue through this vile territory in the hopes that one day i will have an army big enough to find you and murder all you know
xoxo ~bamump
bamump2k9

Re: Makin a road

Postby Sevenless » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:41 am

bamump2k9 wrote:no, it's not just gonna be those milestones scattered in random places- i'm gonna make a road at least 3 tiles wide that span (hopefully) as far as i can build. it'll be paved, but seems that i keep dieing. When i actually get down to making this road you'll probably be seeing a hearthling with a wagon full of boulders and a plow. This is just a note to ask all of you who still play to not try to kill me if you see me cus i won't have anything but rocks and such.

Oh they'll know you've got nothing but rocks. I'd suggest using an alt unless you're in the peaceful zone though. Unless you're hunger grinding your main there's absolutely no need to risk your character for a paving excersize.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Panlannan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:42 am

bamump2k9 wrote:no, it's not just gonna be those milestones scattered in random places- i'm gonna make a road at least 3 tiles wide that span (hopefully) as far as i can build. it'll be paved, but seems that i keep dieing. When i actually get down to making this road you'll probably be seeing a hearthling with a wagon full of boulders and a plow. This is just a note to ask all of you who still play to not try to kill me if you see me cus i won't have anything but rocks and such.

I have question your motives here, what exactly do you hope to gain from doing this solo?
Panlannan

Postby Valten21 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:55 am

Good luck :) - I will not kill you if I see you.
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Postby cobaltjones » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:09 am

When I played I would always do stuff like this. Large scale region shaping projects.

3 tiles is a pretty tiny goal though. Go for 5+ if you want to make it look cool/impressive.

I wish you luck good sir, and remember that random alts can be used for plowing and then you can just let them starve and die so you don't have to have a constant source of food for all your work.
cobaltjones

Postby Phaen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:21 am

I did this in w4. It was fun and I met some people while doing it. Good luck and if I see you I'll donate a metal plow. Do you know what supergrid you're in?
Phaen

Postby bamump2k9 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:27 am

Panlannan wrote:

I have question your motives here, what exactly do you hope to gain from doing this solo?

nothing, i just want a road. heck, if jorb could make so i could build bridges across rivers that'd be nice aswell. Just think- there would now be a good reason to have ox-carts and caravans.

cobaltjones wrote:When I played I would always do stuff like this. Large scale region shaping projects.

3 tiles is a pretty tiny goal though. Go for 5+ if you want to make it look cool/impressive.

I wish you luck good sir, and remember that random alts can be used for plowing and then you can just let them starve and die so you don't have to have a constant source of food for all your work.

way too much road cus of the previous statement, there aren't that many folks using carts to go cross-crountry.

think about it, now we could trade cross country and maybe i'd see more metal then what i've seen so far- which is none.
The sum of my experience is comprised up of more skeletons on my own claim then alot of you guys have wood blocks invested in your wall. But even though these skeles show i am a bad player- i still strive to continue through this vile territory in the hopes that one day i will have an army big enough to find you and murder all you know
xoxo ~bamump
bamump2k9

Postby Panlannan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:44 am

Then I applaud your drive and courage to try to create something of permanence in this harsh and unforgiving world.

I agree carts and wagons are underused for long distance transport in favour of oath-teleporting alts, which supergrid are you working in our of interest?
Panlannan

Postby bamump2k9 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:47 am

Panlannan wrote:Then I applaud your drive and courage to try to create something of permanence in this harsh and unforgiving world.

I agree carts and wagons are underused for long distance transport in favour of oath-teleporting alts, which supergrid are you working in our of interest?

i'm actually not sure where i am. or even how to find out, i'm guessing it invlolves cartography?
xoxo ~bamump
bamump2k9

Postby Panlannan » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:55 am

bamump2k9 wrote:
Panlannan wrote:Then I applaud your drive and courage to try to create something of permanence in this harsh and unforgiving world.

i'm actually not sure where i am. or even how to find out, i'm guessing it invlolves cartography?

The cartography skill isnt that useful, you are better off trying to find yourself on the world map http://algeralith.info/HavenMap/ then posting the link if you want to reference a specific location.

Mountains and lakes make good landmarks, although it may take you some time to find yourself.
Panlannan

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar