New Britain

General discussion and socializing.

New Britain

Postby Yolan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:47 am

I found out about this game, like many people, from the Bay12Games forum. I certainly consider myself a fan of Dwarf Fortress (although I'm far from a veteran player). However, I'm not so keen on joining the Bay12 village of Bottleneck, filled as it is with ale swilling mad-men yelling "MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!' ;)

Ultimately, my fanboy heart will forever belong to the Ultima series. I've played through many of these several times through when I was a teenager, and loved them to pieces. (Although I never really played UO except on trial.)

I imagine that quite a few people here would have played some of the Ultima series (and hopefully not just 9...which is pretty terrible), and/or have played UO and wished it was more like H&H is now shaping up to be, where you can forge your own house out of a forest instead of having to buy one for a gazillion grinded dollars or some such.

So.. I am suggesting a village for Ultima fans.. a New Britain!

On that note I've made a post about this idea and about H&H over on the exult forums at http://exult.sourceforge.net/forum/read ... 3&t=326833
Hopefully that will bring some fresh players (of the right sort!) to the game.

Send me a post or email me at danieloburke@hotmail.com if you are interested.

I would like to collaborately design this one with streets etc. right from the start, and then let people move in to designated spots. I'm not sure how long we will have this server for, but all that building is worth skill points anyway, which will carry over.. and the community itself would persist of course.

-Dantec
Yolan

Re: New Britain

Postby kimya » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:30 pm

Yolan wrote:I found out about this game, like many people, from the Bay12Games forum. I certainly consider myself a fan of Dwarf Fortress (although I'm far from a veteran player). However, I'm not so keen on joining the Bay12 village of Bottleneck, filled as it is with ale swilling mad-men yelling "MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!' ;)

Ultimately, my fanboy heart will forever belong to the Ultima series. I've played through many of these several times through when I was a teenager, and loved them to pieces. (Although I never really played UO except on trial.)

I imagine that quite a few people here would have played some of the Ultima series (and hopefully not just 9...which is pretty terrible), and/or have played UO and wished it was more like H&H is now shaping up to be, where you can forge your own house out of a forest instead of having to buy one for a gazillion grinded dollars or some such.

So.. I am suggesting a village for Ultima fans.. a New Britain!

On that note I've made a post about this idea and about H&H over on the exult forums at http://exult.sourceforge.net/forum/read ... 3&t=326833
Hopefully that will bring some fresh players (of the right sort!) to the game.

Send me a post or email me at danieloburke@hotmail.com if you are interested.

I would like to collaborately design this one with streets etc. right from the start, and then let people move in to designated spots. I'm not sure how long we will have this server for, but all that building is worth skill points anyway, which will carry over.. and the community itself would persist of course.

-Dantec

and we sure would love to come visit you and trade :) good luck!
kimya

Re: New Britain

Postby niltrias » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:23 am

Yolan wrote:I found out about this game, like many people, from the Bay12Games forum. I certainly consider myself a fan of Dwarf Fortress (although I'm far from a veteran player). However, I'm not so keen on joining the Bay12 village of Bottleneck, filled as it is with ale swilling mad-men yelling "MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!' ;)

-Dantec

This, sir, is slander. If you do not retract it, I shall be forced to challenge you to a duel.
There are no ale-swilling mad-men in Bottleneck.
Only ale-swilling mad-DWARVES.

I expect an apology.

lol
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Return to The Inn of Brodgar