The adventures of DefaultClient

General discussion and socializing.

Postby hazzor » Fri May 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Navigation
These links will take you to different posts that i'm writing in, since the forum doesn't like so many pictures and so much text in one post
Second Post

Day 1: Some people are dicks, but i have C'thunic powers so it's ok

1.I made a character today called DefaultClient, His client is default and his server is laggy, and this is his story

Spawning on the hearth secret "(removed cause of an asshat)" into a pretty bog standard forest Default began his quest for mad lp, said quest begun by discovering worms and dirt
Really shitty dirt... Following the dirt up quickly with some of those other things he'll probably never use...

Without the night vision of the other, augmented hearthlings, the hearthlands get pretty dark, pretty fast, luckily in the trippy spawning room where a C'thunic hearthling granted Default his cock'n'balls he was also given a torch and some clothes, so at least for now, it was light.

Out on the search for some considerably less shitty soil many other random bits of crap were discovered, frogs and rats and a whole variety of bits of tree that Default was sure he'd never use. With the knowledge he gained from these random bits of crap, he learned how to pick weeds from the floor and pick up rabbits... the fir and pinecones spoke to Default, they whispered in his ears the secrets of hearth magic!

after travelling for the longest five minutes ever Default finally found some less shitty soil, and a lake too! So quickly Default began his search for some string to make one of the "dream catchers" that the cones had told him about. Pine cone had stopped talking to Default since fir cone had four sticks rammed into his body and was now a "cone cow"

Luckily, humans being stupid and all, two people had claimed the same clay node on the lake's shore, so Default had a supply of clay now, should he ever need it, and as if it was necessary, a better supply was just north.

while string was proving troubling for poor default, ants were in abundant stock, and since ants are both afraid of water and very forgetful it took almost no effort to lure them from their nest to the lake's edge and freely raid their nest

Having not found any string Default took out his anger on some poor innocent trees, upon remembering there was nothing he could actually do with their wood, however, he returned to the woods in search of string, and finally his yearning for string was quenched, however Default wanted a place to keep his random crap he acquired on his travels, so he headed to the lake side

Back at Default's little corner in the cliff, he decided for one reason or another, that he needed a leanto, perhaps because he had been playing salem too much recently

That was DefaultClient's first session of play, I left him with a cone cow and an ant to keep him going, I'm unsure what reaction to expect from this but it's something i've wanted to do for a while, not necessarily the default client part, that's just something i'm doing to go back to my origins of the game, it's funny how inferior you feel without all the abilities of ender's, no hiding things, no radar, no night vision, it really does make other hearthlings seem like cyborgs :/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Default client awoke for the second time and immediately set about making cups and plates and knives and forks, There's no real reason to this... It certainly doesn't improve the taste of ant larvae but it makes them less filling... a wooden cup makes ants less filling, life lessons to be learned here

Regardless of the seemingly useless nature of the tableware, it did make young Default decidedly better at exploration...

However poor Default had no table for his master crafted tableware, and and how can one craft a table with no house?! such a thing would be impossible, so for now at least the tableware was consigned to the urn and it was time for Default to start building that house of his, To do which, he needed a saw, but saws need bones, and bones mean animals... bunnies will die this day...

A wild boat in the heath! While it wasn't a bunny or any other animal for that matter, it was a good find and Default counted himself lucky for such a good find, but the search for small fleshy animals had to continue...

A gruelling and hazy ten minutes later and still no small mammals from which bones and quite possibly food can be obtained, just a single dandelion for Default to stare at for a while

The hunt finally pays off with a cute little bunny for Default to befriend... or... butcher

Forgetting he can hearth port (again... salem) Default carries the large battered row boat (and bunny) all the way back to what is becoming a camp and is soon to be a homestead (saaaaaaleeeeeem)

With the growth of the camp Default should probably soon consider defending his land, with walls... big phallic walls... a palisade perhaps!
but that will have to wait, for Default is no Yeoman and may not be for some time.

With his new knowledge of bones, Default feels like he can make lots of new things, but let's stick to a saw for now, and build that house

but wait, first, that boat needs to be taken out for a spin to find a swamp, and that bunnie's hide should be dried for a pair of slippers or leather... preferably slippers

With enough dragonflies to last the night it was time for landscaping, can't build a house on grass after all, with that done, the forest will weep when i'm done with it...

which concludes the second insight into DefaultClient's life...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.5. Default found a friend that's an actual human!

The house got put up super fast but now poor Default has an asshat problem with someone spawning a noob alt and pissing with shit and just generally saying nigger a lot, looks like Default will have to be a dick and but a hearth fire in his doorway

3. Another short one, since Default has been a little tied up with the (russian?) dickhead that broke his precious urn!

The naked man was rubbing himself all over Default in ways that only a true pro jugallo could, so Default had to use his powers that he was desperately trying not to use, and unleashed his dark energy to slay the vile manbeast with no help from his friend's sling at all...

young DefaultClient's life has been a bloody one so far, hopefully he won't have to summon his C'thunic energy again, it leaves him with the most intense and throbbing wood for hours...

4. Since HaZZoR can't sleep, Default get's woken up at 4am to do some fishing, typical fishing music playing all the while, The Tableware had taught little Default to fish and told him he needed brain food, so having made 2 new and improved urns to replace those broken by naked russians, Default fashioned a working rod out of two sticks, a root and a poorly shaped bone hook, on which he attatched a rock that somewhat resembled a lobster...

What made him think that would attract any fish is a question unanswered... perhaps that knowledge of worms could be put to use if Default wasn't so lazy.

A FISH! it was about five minutes to catch... the lobster wasn't proving so great, and nothing much was biting, so rather than digging for worms like a savage, Default headed over to the swamp from which he took his dragonflies and bathed in the brown murky liquid, catching dragonflies that flew overhead and picking leeches from all over his moist, pulsating, throbbing, hard, abdomen to use as bait

Soon Default was catching fish, fish and more fish, the tableware said that this was the better of two possible outcomes, one of which involves kearnng a lesson in what not to do in the middle of a lake... the water is NOT shallow or inviting...

Curiously enough, only one of the fish had eyes... and it only had one, the hearthlands work in odd ways... odd ways indeed

After the first backpack of fish HaZZoR got kind of bored and threw all of the fish into one of the urns from earlier, and swapped back to the stone "lobster", Leaving Default on his own while he played League of Legends, which at 5:30 AM after no sleep... seemed like a good idea, everything seems like a good idea at 5:30 AM... even ad karthus (3/10/12)

Young default didn't know what a gold mine he was mining here

All of the story thus far was one day of play, DefaultClient's very first day in the hearthlands, and to sum it up, the Tl;dr version of day 1:

-Spawned on shitty soil, moved to better soil (q46) by a lake
-did some nooby shit and ate some ants
-made a camp, leanto, dream catcher, basic things
-found some sexy q40+ clay
-got a boat and a bunny for a saw
-started and finished making a house
-met a friend, who gave me a backpack, a talisman and an enthroned toad :D
-met some dicks, that broke my shit and paved a cock next to my house...
-killed said dicks with C'thunic powers
-fished and ate some of which fish for 3 int levels :D

i'm liking this so far, i can't wait to get a wall up and throw up a village claim so i can trade some things, i can't stand the thought of going underground without night vision though...

Day 2: A yeoman you say?

Young Default's adventure continues, growing more intelligent he was now a Yeoman, Time to stake his claim

1. As the bold text up there suggests, Default had stared and stared at dragonflies through the night and now felt ready to claim his land, which he had decided would be right here by the lake, where someone had managed to fence in the fast and elusive fir trees

The dragonflies had been speaking to Default about why he shouldn't live so close to the lake while he had been staring at them, but Default ignored their advice and set about gathering the last bone he needed to stake his claim, after of course freeing the trapped fir trees that is, Default had decided to make himself a small hide waterskin and a bucket to carry around a good supply of water for his travels, while balancing ten liters of water in his backpack was hard, and it was pretty heavy, it still sped things up significantly, because swallowing liters and liters of water while running will keep you going through the night...

On his quest for the single bone Default had just found a bunny, when he stumbled upon the remains of what appeared to have once been a great beast

similar to those that he had seen on the heath to the east of his camp, so he shoved as many of the bones as he could into his sack and picked some good looking dreams from his catcher, one about a T-rex and the other about... well... she-hearthlings

Another kind hearthling had been nice enough to provide Default with all the leather and bone glue that he would need to start work on his palisade, however he still needed rope, so unless he stumbled upon some dried hides he could turn into straps he was going to be foraging nettles and taproots for a very, very... very, long time

on looking at his claim the animal skull he had managed to fashion out of 4 bones gave him some options, Default, lacking the land management abilities of the augmented "enderhearthlings" had to use this to decide on the size of his palisade, and deciding on 25x25 the skull told him he would need to stare at some more dragonflies first

However due to the fact that Default had been eating entirely roasted perch for almost two days now, he was getting to be quite intelligent, and he could now stare at many items at a time, often he felt like his eyes could manage more, the only problem was that he lacked anything to look at!

What i've learned from doing this is that, to quote a man called Jason Silva, "Disruption makes things new again", and that with the unreasonable and unexplained death of HaZZoR, Haven feels new again... also i've stopped writing this with him still logged on, i think that means i care enough about the character to not want him to die, I was chased by a boar earlier, and escaped, thank god for buckets, but i didn't even take a screenshot, again, i think i love little Default

Extra: While foraging for all those nettles and taproot Default found a crate by the riverside, naturally, as any other hearthling would, he assumed it was a gift and grabbed it... and sailed away, fast...

random tid bit: While pali building a boar tried to sneak up on the rather more manly than before Default, he gave it a run for it's money

2. Safe at last!

Or at least that's how Default felt within his walls, but without a house to hide in, he was sure that someone would find a hole in the wall to fling rocks through...

Curiously, upon completing the ENTIRELY WOODEN gate, Default found that the seemingly state of the art lock and key system came with a key already in the hole... but rather than complaining about it he went ahead and pocketed the cold shiny wooden key, Default felt invigorated by the fight he had had with a boar earlier, awfully proud of the glorious moment when he shot at it from the lake until it ran from him, following which he cut it's legs off with his stone axe, truly magnificent...

But as was mentioned, Default needed a house, perhaps something a little bigger than before... Having taken the advice of the eleven trillionth dandelion, the building area for the house was already full of what would soon enough be the thatching for the roof, really it was just some fir boughs but it'd do.

(sorry for a short edit but there's not much going on for Default right now, aside from collecting boards and blocks of course)

3. With all the lumber for the house gathered, all that was left for Default was to hit it for a while until a house appeared, And of course, this took some time, 200 blocks of wood, 100 boards and 100 boughs takes quite the beating before it materializes into a house.
But eventually the foretold did indeed happen, and Default once again had a safe place to be, however there was nothing inside... so it was time for interior design, Default's favorite...

For a start, cupboards for storage, in sections, because Hazzor... i mean, Default, is a very organised and almost verging on OCD hearthling, then a table and chair, the cupboards were taller than expected (i miss my half cupboards) but it was ok... ( it wasn't T-T)
I was planning on making more... but i've had enough of wood cutting today

sooner or later Default would dig out a cellar for the place, which brings us nicely to Default's next item on his agenda, the dark depths seemed perhaps more inviting to Default than they should, but he wanted a plow that was somewhat faster... as well as other metal items, but primarily a metal plow...

Default had been on another fishing trip today, he caught nothing but pike, a nice change from perch, and he could feel himself getting stronger as he was adopting new, more barbaric ways of thinking about things, ants? SMASH, fox? SMASH, boar? SMA-... sling, THEN SMASH!!!
Along with being simply physically stronger Default had a whole arsenal of different ideas in combat, throwing sand being his favourite.

Poor Default was having a hard time finding things to stare at over the past few days with all the building, but a trip out on the rivers could easily change that, it's hard for Default to learn anything specific when he has to be apt at everything in order to survive alone.

The second item on Default's agenda was to get a little better at slinging rocks, and find a bear, his back was getting cold and he had a cunning idea of how to use a bear's hide...

Day "i've clearly abandoned the day x format of writing this"

Default wanted a map! So he went about cutting up one of his rabbit hides to a piece of what could, at a stretch, be called parchment, having found some particularly inky coloured weeds earlier, Default figured that it wouldn't be too hard to make something he can write with out of the weeds, the only problem was what he could keep the ink in, A jar would do it, but with no way of firing clay, it was time for a kiln, with a decent supply of clay nearby it was done in no time and there were two crude little jars burning away inside

with mining and metal still being at the top of Default's agenda it was a struggle to find not only enough leather, but something to harden the leather for a mine hole, since it would likely need to be quite sturdy... with that, hunting was a large part of Default's life, and with friends like his, that was getting easier and easier, especially since all the time spent out of the walls meant he had plenty to "study" which was the new, more intelligent word he had for staring at things

Moving quickly back to the subject of hardening... of leather that is, Wax was what Default needed, he had a good idea of how to get some, but it might be a log while before he has enough to make an entire mine hole, so perhaps another source was necessary too, conveniently enough Default had started spotting small waxy berries in swamps on his travels, those would probably work in large enough quantities, so they were added to the list of things to horde... that particular list was growing, fast.
Last edited by hazzor on Wed May 23, 2012 7:33 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

Postby hazzor » Fri May 11, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm posting this here as well as whatever page i posted it on before, For here on in i'm using ender's as close to default as possible

Hazzor wrote:i've decided to use enders as close to default as possible

Why?
SWEET MOTHER MERCY THAT MAKES MY KNEES WEAK

Part 4, It was a long break, but i'm done nowyes they're parts now...

It had been a fairly long time since default had done any more than pick up a few things to study, but he had awoken from his hibernative state and built himself a bee hive, on the basis that he would need wax, lots of wax, and bee's wax would do nicely, the only problem was that, consequently to the hive building, there were now bees everywhere... all the time... However with Default now almost entirely clad in leather and feeling quite sexy as a result so the bees bothered him little

having studied nothing more than boring green swamp plants and dragon flies for the past three days Default was on the hunt for something a little more interesting now, though in fairness, he was significantly better at farming now and was about ready to set up a village... a village of one, but a village none the less, that is, once he had the materials for an idol, random animal bones should do it, anything would look better than what currently sat at the center of his home... a rock...

It was onto the rivers for Default, leaving behind a hide tanning in a tub so he could make those assless chaps he had always dreamed of as a boy.

With his new found skills in exploration Default was seeing things he had never seen before, thistles of pink and yellow on the flats and bright red mushrooms on the swamps, in the far distance Default could see the crests of mountains, he wondered what he could find there, Default thought probably nothing but he'd check soon enough

Default had perfected a safe and effective tactic for quickly killing animals in the wild, a tactic that involved slinging the animal so that it runs then stabbing it in the back while it does, but while chasing one particular boar, something quite magnificent caught Default's eye, the bright purple flower of a bluebell in the swamp

two boars, more mushrooms and generic green swamp plants than Default could count, a few pretty thistles and a bluebell... A good trip, Default's best so far, since the bluebell was much nicer than the random pieces of wood Default for some reason kept picking up out of the lake.

A note from Hazzor, Thanks for the support on this, i wasn't sure how it would turn out but a positive reaction really makes me happy :) I apologize for the seventh time about a lack of updates, the last week was crammed with exams but that's over now, however... two days from now i get my hands on Diablo 3, god help me...
Last edited by hazzor on Fri May 25, 2012 1:06 am, edited 16 times in total.
hazzor

Re: The adventures of DefaultClient

Postby painhertz » Fri May 11, 2012 8:46 pm

I played all of World 4 with the default client before finally diving into the forums and discovering Enders. Amazingly? I only died twice in World 4, on day one to a bear and tracked and killed by Ranger's once. For me? that's incredible.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby hazzor » Fri May 11, 2012 8:48 pm

painhertz wrote:I played all of World 4 with the default client before finally diving into the forums and discovering Enders. Amazingly? I only died twice in World 4, on day one to a bear and tracked and killed by Ranger's once. For me? that's incredible.

i think the reason i started using ender's was because i got killed by a ninja boar so i was looking for something like the red circle that ender's has
hazzor

Postby dagrimreefah » Fri May 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Haha good read

I played 75% of W5 on default and built a thriving village with it
dagrimreefah

Postby Alchmist » Fri May 11, 2012 10:20 pm

what an amazingly shitty story, faggot
Alchmist

Postby zacty » Fri May 11, 2012 10:21 pm

huh, your RIGHT by me.
shit
i really need to find a good signature
zacty

Postby hazzor » Fri May 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Alchmist wrote:what an amazingly shitty story, faggot

why you hurt me alchmist? why?

zacty wrote:huh, your RIGHT by me.
shit

wouldn't worry, i have no radar o.o just hide behind a tree or something, i'm more looking for friends with such a disadvantage to be honest...
hazzor

Postby zacty » Fri May 11, 2012 10:30 pm

i dont think you could hurt much of anything for a while anyway :P just odd
i really need to find a good signature
zacty

Postby hazzor » Fri May 11, 2012 10:33 pm

zacty wrote:i dont think you could hurt much of anything for a while anyway :P just odd

oh most certainly not, maybe rabbits and chickens... but yeah, i won't be slaying much for a long while
hazzor

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar