bottleneck general laws/warnings

General discussion and socializing.

bottleneck general laws/warnings

Postby greg » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Alright, basically this thread tells all the visitors to bottleneck what the rules are.

Rules:

1) If you steal from anyone at bottleneck, you will be knocked out until you give the item back, and if you don't perma fried..
2) If you attack anyone at bottleneck, you will be perma fried.
3) If you burn a fire at our fire wall, you will be knocked out, questioned, and possibly perma fried.
4) If you wall in anyone or place a claim over hearth fires, you will be perma fried.

That's all, obey that and you'll be fine. (perma fried is my way of saying permanently killed)

If we don't recognize you we may question you and ask you for a b12 forum id, if it is older then a week, you will be clear, if it is not, you may have to answer a few questions. After that, you will be cleared as a guest.
greg

Re: bottleneck general laws/warnings

Postby shockedfrog » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:01 pm

It's nice to see a start to something like this, but have you actually discussed this with the others? There have been a couple of posts welcoming those who aren't B12 regulars to join the village, and your rules don't appear to mention anything about those who don't have a forum id at all. (Obviously this is not for my sake, unless you include the spies I've apparently been making in my sleep.)
shockedfrog

Postby kimya » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:25 pm

greg wrote:If we don't recognize you we may question you and ask you for a b12 forum id, if it is older then a week, you will be clear, if it is not, you may have to answer a few questions. After that, you will be cleared as a guest.

now i dont feel welcome anymore :cry:
kimya

Postby Curudan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:49 pm

Where did these rules come from?

No one ever discussed any of these rules in the B12 topic, and I have a feeling Greg just invented these rules by himself.

No rules can be official rules of Bottleneck unless they are discussed and voted in by the citizens.
Vucar Fikodastesh.
Curudan

Postby greg » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:49 pm

They're mutual rules among all of us. Why do you give a damn anyway? It's not like your ever going to have a say in what we do frog.
greg

Postby Heliopios » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 pm

I'm confused as to who the hell you think you are to be posting rules about the settlement that have not been discussed by anyone.
Heliopios

Postby Ferinex » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:54 pm

Greg just sounds like some self-important jerk.
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby Malicus » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:56 pm

greg wrote:They're mutual rules among all of us. Why do you give a damn anyway? It's not like your ever going to have a say in what we do frog.

For once, frog is actually in agreement with the people on the B12 thread. Who are you, and why do you think you can make up rules out of nowhere? I haven't even seen this exact suggestion there, let alone agreement on it.
Malicus

Postby sami1337 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 pm

b12 organisation +1 :lol:
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby shockedfrog » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:23 pm

It's nice to only be wrong 99% of the time. :) However, while I'm worried I'll be seen as interfering in matters that don't concern me, I think you should all calm down a bit, don't be so harsh on greg, and he should in return work together better with you guys. He seems just a bit eager to do something and just because he has a different way of going about things doesn't make him a bad person. Try to see the good in people.

Greg, who are you on B12/ingame? To make laws, it's essential to work together with others, especially those who have had a more central part in their community so far. If everyone knows who you are, then it will be far easier to combine your efforts to create something everyone is happy with.
shockedfrog

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar