List of Tradeable Goods

General discussion and socializing.

List of Tradeable Goods

Postby Gauteamus » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:46 pm

I feel a list of high value goods could have some use, as most goods are abundant/unsellable:

Metals:
  • Crude Iron
  • Wrought Iron
  • Steel
  • Coal

Pastry:
  • Carrot cake
  • Raisin cake
  • Honey Buns

Meats:
  • Perch
  • Deer Meat
  • Boar Meat
  • Bear Meat
  • Sausages (primarily made from above meats)

Misc.:
  • Wax candles
  • Weapons/Armor
  • Quivers?

Opinions?
Image<<Bottleneck>>
What if Rosa Parks had a car?
Gauteamus

Re: List of Tradeable Goods

Postby Rift » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 pm

that sounds like more or less the things people value.. although one of the problems is that most places either have a lot of everything or little of everything in those items, thus making it hard to trade. Food perhaps being the exception, stat-giving food is always running out everywhere... especially sassuages. [Although i think we have a large supply of the easiest to mass produce sassuage - cow].
Thus i think food is one of the easiest things to trade to villages in return for the goods non-villagers need.

oh.. and one other issue is that every village wants to be self-sufficient and not dependent on each other.... which isnt exactly wrong, just makes specialization more unlikely
Rift

Postby sami1337 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Instead of quivers make it boar hats. And add bear capes and talismans.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Errol » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:46 pm

I happen to know that Bottleneck values leather (somewhat) valuable.
Errol

Postby sami1337 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Yes they do as they have so many people to take care of. I traded bread for leather 1:1 before. It's not really that valuable but still takes time to produce just like bread, cake, pie etc. Not like coal brick or seeds.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Krantarin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:03 am

Despite everyone's wish for self sufficiency (I'm pretty sure it's human nature) I do wish that there was more specialization... However this relates to the thread.

Cast iron and Perch are worth very little by now, especially near water or mines. I think Cast iron is trade-able, but I'd be surprised if someone managed to strike a deal about perch. Intelligence doesn't give you much anyway, so perch is worth next to nothing unless you're far from water and buying in bulk. I'd definitely add string and bear or boar items to your list.
A Lurker from the days when Laketown was on the frontier and Bottleneck was the military superpower.
Krantarin

Return to The Inn of Brodgar