HnH World Phase

General discussion and socializing.

HnH World Phase

Postby Ranma » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Hello, just trying to state my opinion about the 'Phase' of the world's progress in a 'timeline' and sequentially manner !:
NB* = The timeline is just roughly defined, so it is not accurate.

Here we go:

1) First Phase, World Beginning (Day 1 - Day 12)
*) Player created and spawned throughout the world, one by one, finding their most suitable areas for their groups or even hermits (some will decide for settling in permanently or just temporary). And yes, many people will have Yeomanry on their first day to make sure when they're sleeping, nobody snatch their in-drying rabbit fur.
*) People trying to get enough MM to collect some more leathers rather than just rabbit's, first priority should be backpacks ! And of course, animal resources is used mainly to get enough ropes, bone glues, and leathers for palisade materials.

2) Second Phase, The Rat Race (Day 13 - Day 25) - [OP Note: Probably most favorite phase for me]
*) After getting a safe area behind palisade, people will start to expand, and trying to race for NATURAL RESOURCES ! And whatever to get advantage for the future means. Getting WWW, making farms, taming animal, planting trees, start mining, each to their own hobbies (Probably the best era when you still has so many choice as you realize all of them are too important)
*) Some people are rushing for black skills, in-game pvp contents are one of the most favorite contents for some groups or people, they will rush and try to harass the late-bloomer who haven't has their walls up and kill anyone they see in sight. Thus, the player base will start decreasing from this point
*) And finally, this is the time while hunters shine most ! Deer's Antlers and Bear Tooth are so much valuable because everyone is just so hyped about Village Claim, a village is the starting point of everything in this phase. Not to mention, their hides are bones are continuously needed for any expands possible.
*) Some will spend more of their time protecting their founded 'nodes' right after their own main area is secured, thus they will be drawn back in this rat race so much without enough manpower to support them while they are protecting this 'nodes' area since its really taking a loads of time per, nodes. It sounds sucks a lot while the rat race is in such tense atmosphere, but if you plan to play until the last phase, this node will pay you back more than 10 times of your current effort 'LATER', trust me.

3) Third Phase, The Factions (Day 26 - Day 38)
*) The Major Factions will start to emerge with their old or even new name. While some minor factions is still gathering their crew to be able at least make their own standing for political purposes. Major factions are usually determined by their political power, and tends to have more veteran and very experienced players gathering together who know their stuffs to get ahead of others, either it will be industrially or military.
*) The world map is usually implemented at this stage, and thus revealing all the huge villages throughout the world. Some people with extra time or whatnot will try to make a thread in ICA like this "XXX COORD XXX COORD WHO IS WHO, ETC" (yeah we need 1-2 people like this to make your life easier :D )
*) The Trade Thread will start to emerges at AFO, most likely trade thread that rushed to get their trades at this very point phase is a trader wannabe (imo) while they're trading very basic stuffs that people will rarely needs or even not at all because they were busy with their own stuff of important Q raising (yes i am calling a wannabe to myself since i did this too at some point :lol: )
*) The minor faction or even rogues from nowhere will start to make noise (as in making some simple ruckus & rants like 'I KILLED HAHAHA YOU NOOB !' for lulz, example: NOOBY93 the 'attention whore'), some trying to act tough while the Major Faction itself usually doesn't make much sound, but some with 'goons' inside it will still roaring, while their elders and higher ups hide perfectly and observe. [OP Note: Noise maker usually don't last long]

4) Fourth Phase, The World War (Day 39 - Day 45) [OP Note: I think this is not happening at our current W7]
*) War, between pvp-lover factions or even between individuals, some people who is a reporter will try to update any war happening in any place, you will see this a lot in ICA.
*) Dramas, while it happens often at any phase, this is usually the peak hours for dramas, either it's posted or even personal dramas between people that we might not know of.

5) Fifth Phase, Rat Race Finale (Day 46 - Day 60)
*) Some people has already found a gold mine and L5 trolls which is the peak of the game contents in HnH, farthest and hardest trial if you want to (imo) 'finish' this game for your personal satisfaction or achievement. First finder is the winner of this in game-content finishing.
*) This is when our veteran traders shine most and making their huge chunk of profits from their hard worked trades ! They provides high quality goods with super advantage to most people or late starter would need from our traders.
*) This Race of Rats is officially ended between people who are competing in quality, since from this point on, most high end vets and traders has their stable handymen to keep doing their stuff or so, each traders will usually has the 95% same rate of growth in quality.
*) Lastly, more and more people who finds gold and troll emerged on forum, in AFO mainly which is the another winner of this marathon of contents finishing. Thus, proceeding to the last game phase.

6) Last Phase, Grinding & World Projects (Day 61 - Armageddon) [OP Note: I will personally starts to get bored and quit eventually from here]
*) Accessing the end-game contents is no more of a spectacular things, golds is everywhere and easily accessed by everyone from the traders with less efforts due to high in supply, and even being sold very cheap for the mid-game contents, pearls.
*) For Pvp-Lovers, the demand of foods product will start to increase in abnormal manner, people will spam them for getting the titan stats for their own purpose. Some even starts to chain-study our lovely pearls.
*) For Crafters, they will usually work like robots doing the same things over and over, I personally can't even imagine that there is q1000+ carrots at previous world, crazy grinders. [OP Rants: ffs, it is actually the same carrot and same wax and same CTC you will get, is that same crap worth to get with the time invented ?]
*) World wonders & Projects will slowly revealed, one by one as the trademark of each world it has been there. Thus leaving each of their own taste of satisfaction after finishing the World Wonders.

*) Armageddon is coming ! Back to Phase 1 ;)

Thanks for reading my wall-text, (if you are reading ofc :lol: )
have a nice day !
Everything the light touches, is my kingdom.
Ranma

Re: HnH World Phase

Postby Lordtimo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Nicely said, i agree with you :P
Lordtimo

Postby Saitada » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:55 pm

mmm Now here is an idea ... time limit worlds ...like world 8 only being what 6 months old and restarting .... *shivers* now that would be a race to the TOP.
Saitada

Postby borka » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:14 pm

While i like Ranmas post and thinks it's accurate (and a recommended read for everyone!) i need to add there are enough players that aren't involved in that ... thus a pre limiting would press those into a play style they don't find fun in (i enjoyed the long running of W6 very much) ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby dackT-E » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:35 pm

borka wrote:While i like Ranmas post and thinks it's accurate (and a recommended read for everyone!) i need to add there are enough players that aren't involved in that ... thus a pre limiting would press those into a play style they don't find fun in (i enjoyed the long running of W6 very much) ...

yes i enjoyed W6's long life but near to the end it was very hard to find very limited resources (silver, gold, high Q water,soil etc) making it impossible to the beginners/pro's at the end of worlds
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
-Steve Martin
dackT-E

Postby borka » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:42 pm

There's not enough high q resources anyway for everyone at every phase - so why bother when there are so many great Traders - (that's what Ramna already wrote) ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:31 pm

Who did I kill for lulz and post on forums? Other than that nicely said except that WWWs are gotten way before mining, for perception.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Ranma » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:12 pm

borka wrote:There's not enough high q resources anyway for everyone at every phase - so why bother when there are so many great Traders - (that's what Ramna already wrote) ;)

protecting the resource at the early games really eats your whole online time and full dedication to when your palisade dry and even your vclaim, at the same time you need to gather 30k lp to take the vclaim which is very expensive and valuable at that early world. I've stuck myself for around 1full week at the rat race phase to wall the node(s) my gf found....
lastly, you need to feed more than several mouths, to raise LS alt and claim alt, so much work ! but it was fun after all

thus i've fallen far behind back then, and now the nodes paid me back until i had more than enough
Everything the light touches, is my kingdom.
Ranma

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:16 pm

borka wrote:While i like Ranmas post and thinks it's accurate (and a recommended read for everyone!) i need to add there are enough players that aren't involved in that ... thus a pre limiting would press those into a play style they don't find fun in (i enjoyed the long running of W6 very much) ...

Me too!

I would love to have a world that lasts 2 years or so, tbh, I think resets are only needed to offset boredom, I know lots of you won't agree but I guess those of us that play for reasons other than pvp or are not in the race for high resources are quite happy to take our time. I trade for higher quality but it doesn't stop me from raising my own still, I just take longer to do it. :)

A good read Ranma - thx.

Edit:

Typo on your name, sorry Ranma. :)
Last edited by Amanda44 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Aokigahara » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:23 pm

The big factions haven't risen like they did last world. not sure what the deal is but if they even exist they are keeping to themselves.
"The light shineth in the darkness; but the darkness comprehended it not."
Aokigahara

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar