General discussion and socializing.

Re: List of Updates for Hafen Mentioned by the Devs

Postby bitza » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:11 am

trading is dead :lol:
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:13 am

venatorvenator wrote:I knew they were considering removing port through oathing, but crs too? Tricky.
Are there news on trade then?

Nothing yet but I'll sweep the Haven 2.0, GoCF 1, GoCF 2, and Oddity's threads just to make sure.
TeckXKnight

Postby Alzuule » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:14 am

Or maybe you will just have to trade with your neighbours instead of raiding them? :)
Alzuule

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:20 am

That's bad either way though. With trade one can port items to alts at the outposts or bring in their scents for summoning, meaning random spawn will still be irrelevant to major factions; without trade the game will be kinda dull.

Oh yeah, I recall a talk about limited trade along roads. Better wait for more details, no point talking hypotheticals.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:25 am

I imagine they're trying to limit our reach as players. It'll be a huge pain in the ass for a faction to hop across 7 supergrids without teleportation. It'll also mean that new players can't hop on, find a couple of pearls, and buy the highest quality seeds to catch up with.

Alzuule wrote:Or maybe you will just have to trade with your neighbours instead of raiding them? :)

Yeah, localization is definitely going to happen. Small, local communities will be essential for trade.
TeckXKnight

Postby Alzuule » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:35 am

i think localization could be a good thing, even though i would really hate not being able to group up with my friends. Also if theres no teleporting for trading then maybe we will see roaming travelers driving around in oxcarts filled with goods, im certain that would be an interesting lifestyle to say the least especially when you come across people that would like to pay the iron price rather then pearls :)
Alzuule

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:49 am

Don't count on roaming traders. There's no profit to be made in traveling for two or three days without making contact with others. What we will see is an increase in road systems between communities and people damaging these roads in order to disrupt fast travel so that traders can be attacked.

I'm not sure what people will do about finding their friends. That's going to be really tricky, even for experienced players to figure out. Unless there's a giant penis shaped mountain (and only one) or something that we can use off in the distance to navigate, it'll be tough. Lots of players may just walk east until there is no more east and settle there, that way their friends can do the same and they can fairly consistently find one another.
TeckXKnight

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:51 am

TeckXKnight wrote:Don't count on roaming traders.

Challenge accepted m8y
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:54 am

If you do that and end up stopping by my camp I will happily stock you up on travel supplies and buy whatever q6 hobo wine you're selling.
TeckXKnight

Postby bitza » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:10 am

TeckXKnight wrote:If you do that and end up stopping by my camp I will happily stock you up on travel supplies and buy whatever q6 hobo wine you're selling.

shots fired!
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar