List of Updates for Hafen Mentioned by the Devs

General discussion and socializing.

Re: List of Updates for Hafen Mentioned by the Devs

Postby CheetosPotato » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:52 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but without the hearth secret thing, will I have to walk and find my friend if I want to play with him? That sounds like a pain in the butt...
CheetosPotato

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:06 am

CheetosPotato wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but without the hearth secret thing, will I have to walk and find my friend if I want to play with him? That sounds like a pain in the butt...

From what I recall of the conversation, yes, that's how it would function at this time. Would there be some other mechanic added later to make it easier to get there? Possibly, but probably not tied to a hearth secret/instant teleportation.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:34 am

CheetosPotato wrote:Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but without the hearth secret thing, will I have to walk and find my friend if I want to play with him? That sounds like a pain in the butt...

Yes, that was the intention. Without hearth secrets you may not even be able to easily locate one another in game. You'd need to start out in the wild and explore to find enough landmarks to find one another.
TeckXKnight

Postby CheetosPotato » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Dang, that's inconvenient. I wish there was something like a spawn room where you could start at the same place as your friends as long as they all spawned in at the same time. Guess we can't have everything.
CheetosPotato

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:17 pm

CheetosPotato wrote:Dang, that's inconvenient. I wish there was something like a spawn room where you could start at the same place as your friends as long as they all spawned in at the same time. Guess we can't have everything.

Well, it has a few nice effects too. For one thing, raiders will have a much more difficult time recruiting and setting up. Major factions also can't burn through to end game content within a day or two as most of them will be struggling to meet up still. In essence, it puts everyone in decent standings against one another. It also does away with most alt problems, at least initially, as linking alts up with a main is now going to be a huge pain. There's a chance, as mentioned by loftar when responding to potjeh, that we may be spawning in clustered areas so you may be able to locate your friend by word of mouth after a few days.

But yes, you are 100% correct that it's inconvenient. I'm actually all for it because it means that more people will experience an unadulterated beginning and Haven's strongest point is the start up before the quality grind really kicks in IMO.
TeckXKnight

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:17 am

TeckXKnight wrote:Well, it has a few nice effects too. For one thing, raiders will have a much more difficult time recruiting and setting up. Major factions also can't burn through to end game content within a day or two as most of them will be struggling to meet up still. In essence, it puts everyone in decent standings against one another. It also does away with most alt problems, at least initially, as linking alts up with a main is now going to be a huge pain. There's a chance, as mentioned by loftar when responding to potjeh, that we may be spawning in clustered areas so you may be able to locate your friend by word of mouth after a few days.

I disagree. Of course we will have to wait to see how exactly it will be implemented before we start complaining, but from the looks of it factions will actually have an advantage. Late game, when major factions have outposts everywhere on the map, spawning randomly will be irrelevant for them since the alt will only need to walk to the closest idol to make contact with the band. From there you can use crs to bring stuff and gear him up, or prep the alt for combat summoning. It will make the game more balanced at the beginning but at later stages it will be even more unbalanced than it is now.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby bitza » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:58 am

that's assuming there will be idol porting and crossroads, and wtf are you talking about "combat summoning"? have you summoned anyone in world 7?
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:03 am

bitza wrote:that's assuming there will be idol porting and crossroads, and wtf are you talking about "combat summoning"? have you summoned anyone in world 7?

You know what I mean dude. And as far as I know Haven will still have some form of fast travel.
venatorvenator

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:07 am

venatorvenator wrote:
bitza wrote:that's assuming there will be idol porting and crossroads, and wtf are you talking about "combat summoning"? have you summoned anyone in world 7?

You know what I mean dude. And as far as I know Haven will still have some form of fast travel.

Na, jorb already confirmed that kind of teleportation has been removed. The only fast travel still will be in the form of roads and returning to your hearthfire.

jorb wrote:By the by. Teleportation only along formal roads.

As for combat summoning, it sounded like jorb said that wouldn't be possible in Hafen. Considering that they may be planning to make it so we can't log our character off if they have active criminal scents then summoning alts to die to block other players cannot exist in its current form.
TeckXKnight

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:10 am

I knew they were considering removing port through oathing, but crs too? Tricky.
Are there news on trade then?
venatorvenator

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar