List of Updates for Hafen Mentioned by the Devs

General discussion and socializing.

Re: List of Updates for Hafen Mentioned by the Devs

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:11 am

bitza wrote:
TeckXKnight wrote:If you do that and end up stopping by my camp I will happily stock you up on travel supplies and buy whatever q6 hobo wine you're selling.

shots fired!

Haha, oh shit. I actually hadn't realized that sounded mean, I meant that entirely genuinely. I think traveling merchants would be cool but just really impractical.
TeckXKnight

Postby loftar » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:26 am

We actually implemented road-travel just the other day. So far it's very similar to what Potjeh initially proposed, in that milestones simply give you the option to fast-travel to the other end of the road, given that there are no obstacles on the way. If there are, you'll be stopped there. (It's not entirely complete yet however, as we haven't yet decided exactly what to do with travel-weariness.)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ScrodumGod » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:29 am

loftar wrote:We actually implemented road-travel just the other day. So far it's very similar to what Potjeh initially proposed, in that milestones simply give you the option to fast-travel to the other end of the road, given that there are no obstacles on the way. If there are, you'll be stopped there. (It's not entirely complete yet however, as we haven't yet decided exactly what to do with travel-weariness.)

I never really paid attention to travel weariness.
ScrodumGod

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:41 am

loftar wrote:We actually implemented road-travel just the other day. So far it's very similar to what Potjeh initially proposed, in that milestones simply give you the option to fast-travel to the other end of the road, given that there are no obstacles on the way. If there are, you'll be stopped there. (It's not entirely complete yet however, as we haven't yet decided exactly what to do with travel-weariness.)

Out of curiosity: will it be possible to use those roads to travel between different layers? And are they exclusive to the surface? And how will we cross rivers with them (or won't they count as obstacles)?
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby loftar » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:54 am

venatorvenator wrote:Out of curiosity: will it be possible to use those roads to travel between different layers? And are they exclusive to the surface?

They won't be exclusive to the surface, but I doubt a single trail will be able to cross layers. That's not a greater problem than having to make a stopover, of course.

venatorvenator wrote:And how will we cross rivers with them (or won't they count as obstacles)?

I don't think we're entirely decided on that, but the probable way we'll go is to make it possible to cross rivers with them, but at a fairly steep cost in the resulting travel-weariness.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:06 am

Highwaymen putting boulders on roads confirmed.
TeckXKnight

Postby painhertz » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:20 am

Just having a travel speed buff when on roads would be a million times more elegant than this "teleport down the road" crap.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby banok » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:34 am

Cool thread, thanks!
banok

Postby proknah » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:13 pm

Sir, you are doing God's work. Keep us informed.
proknah

Postby Avulsio » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:27 am

Thanks for stepping up to my challenge! *takes all the credit for this thread*

just kidding!

Good work, Teck!
Avulsio

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar