List of Updates for Hafen Mentioned by the Devs

General discussion and socializing.

Re: List of Updates for Hafen Mentioned by the Devs

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed May 27, 2015 3:55 pm

mvgulik wrote:I kinda wondered about that one myself to ... ???. I don't think I ever classified them, other than that yellow HnH plant/something. Never google'd them for sure. :)

serisouly?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanterelle

its not very common in my country, but hear it in french menu and i hear its very common overseas.

and this is just for fun.
Tonkyhonk

Postby krikke93 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:41 pm

To be honest, I hadn't heard of chanterelles until I played Haven and Hearth. However, I find it pretty obvious looking at the graphics of it, that they are mushrooms.
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby HarryDresden » Thu May 28, 2015 12:38 am

Thanks Teck, very nice list for those of us that only browse the forms occasionally nowadays. Appreciated for sure.

I'm fairly excited about the updates, though I'm not sure how Haven will fit in with all the stuff I got goin on :\. I'll have to figure it out quick, because I miss playing.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:46 pm

I just spent our planning a village with my friends. If they remove Hearth secrets I will punch a baby.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby jorb » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:03 pm

krikke93 wrote:I hadn't heard of chanterelles

It's arguably the most instantly recognizable, popular, and commonly known 'shroom in Sweden. Bright yellow gold to orange, delicious, can't be confused with pretty much anything.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:29 am

Apocoreo wrote:I just spent our planning a village with my friends. If they remove Hearth secrets I will punch a baby.

Prepare the baby.
TeckXKnight

Postby borka » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:51 am

jorb wrote:
krikke93 wrote:I hadn't heard of chanterelles

It's arguably the most instantly recognizable, popular, and commonly known 'shroom in Sweden. Bright yellow gold to orange, delicious, can't be confused with pretty much anything.

And i still wonder why there's Weissbier and Edelweiss but not Pfifferlinge :P (would have been p/fiffig ;) )
borka

Postby krikke93 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:19 pm

jorb wrote:It's arguably the most instantly recognizable, popular, and commonly known 'shroom in Sweden. Bright yellow gold to orange, delicious, can't be confused with pretty much anything.

Never mind, I googled the dutch name for chantrelle (hanenkam) along with some detailed pictures of them and I do know them. Not like it's really commonly used here in recipies, but I've seen them before so I take back my words :)
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby loftar » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:36 pm

borka wrote:And i still wonder why there's Weissbier and Edelweiss but not Pfifferlinge

... but chanterelles are Pfifferlinge. Are you joking in some way that I can't understand, or were you somehow not aware of this?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:48 pm

loftar wrote:
borka wrote:And i still wonder why there's Weissbier and Edelweiss but not Pfifferlinge

... but chanterelles are Pfifferlinge. Are you joking in some way that I can't understand, or were you somehow not aware of this?

He's referring to our naming conventions, and pointing out that the chantrelles aren't named in German like the others he mentioned.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar