Game like HnH

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Other games like Haven

Postby MrGemini » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:33 am

painhertz wrote:There's already a thread like this.....
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

jorb wrote:Given your obvious merits I'm not convinced that that's a loss, but... you would be more helpful if you stated what it is you dislike about this, and why. I can't do much with "QQstopkillinggaembye".
MrGemini

Postby Grable » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Darkfall Unholy Wars contained unholy amounts of boring grind, so I said fuck that. ArcheAge is actually a pretty decent game, handled by the most inept and greedy companies, such a shame. LiF.. never tried sounds promising, might try the MMO though.
Grable

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:08 pm

LiF singleplayer is fun if you join a fresh starting server and experience it from the beginning.

It's much like Rust however in that the lategame is largely constructing needlessly complex bases or doing roaming ganks.

LiF:YO is much like a hardcore, slow paced, medieval Rust.

The MMO has serious promise and is being worked on by a very competent design team with a lead dev acknowledging his inspiration from HnH.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Kaios » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Bodomfreak wrote:'Archage'

ArcheAge had an extremely rough beginning due to many exploits, poorly tested updates, lack of GM and CM presence as well as terrible customer support service and they have been behind Korea in terms of updates for a number of months now.

However, things have been shaping up a bit lately and by mid-September they should be fairly caught up with the latest 1.8/2.0 updates being combined and releasing around that time.

The game does have some P2W involved but how many MMOs these days can really say they don't. There are some annoying mechanics (such as pvp flagging issues) and a number of exploits the Trion team has deemed "emergent gameplay" that don't look to be resolved any time soon. The graphics look amazing and even as a free player you can have a lot of fun especially with the early game content in which you are exploring the world and learning things for the first time. Tons of options for PvE players and PvP players alike and the in-game housing system is not all that bad besides the fact it requires a subscription to participate in and even then you aren't guaranteed some land space.

The next update that releases will be including a whole bunch of new content and many quality of life additions that I think will incite a large influx of new and old players to check it out again.

Also I merged your thread with this one.
Kaios

Re: Game like HnH

Postby hawkflak » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:16 pm

i'm still waiting for game how get close of hnh. At least we got hnh 2.0 coming out soon :D

Cheers
English is not my mother tongue
hawkflak

A game like h&h

Postby faceinbox » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:56 pm

So I logged on steam to check out the sales and stuff, and I noticed a game called Tree of life http://store.steampowered.com/app/361800/ and after watching the trailer and reading some of the mostly negative reviews I realised how similar this game is compared to h&h.

Maybe not graphics-wise but mechanically. Players can destroy your base and leave scents while doing that, you can build palisades, farm etc...

while there are many differences with h&h I thought that I'd share it with you guys, cause' it's definitely going to be one of the games I play while I wait for hafen.
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his bunny slippers; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his slippers!
faceinbox

Re: A game like h&h

Postby psyknx » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Played this on release and its nothing like HnH.
Quit shortly after.
psyknx

Postby faceinbox » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:03 pm

psyknx wrote:Played this on release and its nothing like HnH.
Quit shortly after.

I think that im still gonna buy it to test it out, just whatever even slightly remarkable to h&h will satisfy my lust right now
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his bunny slippers; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his slippers!
faceinbox

Postby faceinbox » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Image I'll play it for a bit and report back afterwards
faceinbox

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:27 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32464&start=730#p520416
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32464&start=730#p520422

No longer play it at all, total waste of time, tiny map and not enough content. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar