HnH mode on Old School Runescape

General discussion and socializing.

HnH mode on Old School Runescape

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Coming soon, dead man mode. Full world PVP accounts and servers, if you die you lose 50% of your exp and not only does the person who killed you get whatever you dropped but they can also loot one full inventory of items from your bank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XG64EhgM6c

Thoughts?
Pinkie-Pie

Re: HnH mode on Old School Runescape

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:32 am

Pinkie-Pie wrote:Coming soon, dead man mode. Full world PVP accounts and servers, if you die you lose 50% of your exp and not only does the person who killed you get whatever you dropped but they can also loot one full inventory of items from your bank.

Thoughts?

I know some guy will just run back to starter zones and kill newbies. If you start at the beginning, you will be stuck in a rat race to always be near the top, and if you start later you will be left in the dust and either forced to catch up or have your ass kicked by higher-level players. Unlike HnH, Runescape has towns/hubs that you will be forced to go to and will be easy to camp, and a smaller map with more chances to run into other players. It also has fewer ways to run away if you're caught off guard.
idk who thought this was a good idea.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:43 am

Jesus_Smith_Nandez wrote:
Pinkie-Pie wrote:Coming soon, dead man mode. Full world PVP accounts and servers, if you die you lose 50% of your exp and not only does the person who killed you get whatever you dropped but they can also loot one full inventory of items from your bank.

Thoughts?

I know some guy will just run back to starter zones and kill newbies. If you start at the beginning, you will be stuck in a rat race to always be near the top, and if you start later you will be left in the dust and either forced to catch up or have your ass kicked by higher-level players. Unlike HnH, Runescape has towns/hubs that you will be forced to go to and will be easy to camp, and a smaller map with more chances to run into other players. It also has fewer ways to run away if you're caught off guard.
idk who thought this was a good idea.

Apparently high level guards will be in the towns to drop aggressors. And If you make it to top level and die to a lucky spec.. welll GG 1m + exp in all your skills... OSRS pvp is very RNG based. There's skill and levels that factor into it but a lucky hit from anyone with 60 attack and GF. At 5x exp and how steep the higher levels are, its not too crazy to think people could catch up. Its the same amount of exp to get from 1 to 92 as it it from 92 to 99. And about the same exp to go from level 1-85 as from level 85-92
Pinkie-Pie

Postby overtyped » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:43 am

Thoughts?

It will probably be very group based. Like a big horde of people, slaughtering noobs.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby CTheRain » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:58 am

You're able to protect up to 5 different skills, only 2 combat skills. You lose 50% XP in everything else and 1 slot in your bank of your killers choosing. If you skull, you'll be attacked on site if you enter a town and the guards are gonna be super strong high level. Getting out of Lumbridge is going to be a bitch... Especially when it first opens up... The best thing to do is level ATK & STR straight out of the gate and get to doing F2P quests and slayer. I think once your 40/40/40 in ATK, STR, DEF you should be good for a couple days. With 5x XP that should only take 2-3 hours of killing chickens, goblins, or somewhere. Camping altars will be a good way to get runes from RCers. WCers and Fletchers will stay in towns like Varrock, Falador, and Gnome Stronghold.

I plan to ATK & STR, fish some damn trout at barb, and do slayer using the low level master... If I can get to 85 before others can, I'll be in decent shape. But I'm wondering what skills will be useful to protect? Construction could be one of them until you get a study and portals. Then make some tabs and sell them for high prices. Crafting will be decent because RCers will want glories ASAP. Mining/Smithing for armor/weapons because everyone is gonna want a Rune Scimmy! Thieving will be completely useless except at level 70/82? where you can start stealing from paladins for decent cash flow. Prayer is useless, no reason to farm green dragons. Chinchompas will be the most expensive item and most dangerous, literally get 55-99 Range in 20ish hours with 5x XP. Questing will be insanely tough as you lose 50% XP everytime you die in all skills except those that are protected. Agility will be useful for slayer and getting away from people. Herblore and Farming will be great money makers as well. I'm excited for this... I just hope there's some level gap like you can only attack 15 above/below your combat level. Like in PVP worlds.
We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.
CTheRain

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:40 pm

Any ETA?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby MightySheep » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:40 pm

why is that called old school runescape when it still the new version of runescape :|
MightySheep

Postby Metruption » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:59 pm

MightySheep wrote:why is that called old school runescape when it still the new version of runescape :|

It's so old the stronghold of security still tells you there is no runescape 3 when runescape 3 is released.
Metruption

Return to The Inn of Brodgar