Just Died.

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Just Died.

Postby infectedking » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:11 am

Amanda44 wrote:Darksouls

Corrected it.
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:16 am

infectedking wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Darksouls

Corrected it.

I've just read up on it, sounds pretty cool.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Eh. if it's all the same to you, I'm quitting until Hafen, and I haven't even died.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby Denkar » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:03 am

Man, if you give up after dying and losing practically nothing, how will you even handle losing a character and settlement you spent hundreds of hours on? I don't think this game is for you.
Denkar

Postby NeonTheCoder » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:30 am

i don't mind dying, i'd just rather wait for the better version of the game. i love it so far, and don't mind dying and i was going to go onto the new world when it came out, and can't do much in 4 weeks anyway, so i thought i might as well wait. don't hate on me, definitely not quitting.
NeonTheCoder

Postby Pleeb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:48 pm

NeonTheCoder wrote:can't do much in 4 weeks anyway

A lot can happen in 30 days... you could stumble upon one of the greatest trade wars of all time, you could meet gods and add them on skype or fall with satan in the final battle. You can get more experience, meet more people who will probably just try to kill you, or even build your own house and get revenge on that bear.

...you must avenge your old healthling!
Pleeb

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Also, this version isn't ending with the release of the new one ..... they will both run until such time as everyone has migrated over to 'Hafen' or this one becomes unstable/corrupted .... so plenty of time still to learn, build bases or w/e. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Flevalt » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:36 pm

The Progression speed and with it partly the fun in the game underlies a natural growth.
It's not like in a RPG where the further you come, the harder it gets to level.

Here, the longer you play, the faster your progression goes.
But with increasing progression speed, the rate at which the progression speed increases dwindles over time until it settles at a certain point.
At the same time the gains from your progression become less and less.
Since there is a month until H&H2, you won't be able to reach a point of the game where you will gain most out of your time from playing it. Also if w7 doesn't end with the next world's release, it will still do so after some time after that.
Considering this, there are definitely better alternatives to spend your time than to play H&H just for a month or two.

However, it doesn't hurt to play the game in preparation for the next world. The core mechanics should still be the same there.
Flevalt

Postby BangPow » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:48 am

NeonTheCoder wrote:I had level 30 INT, level 25 PERC, 25 Strength, 20 Explore, 20 Survival, 10 Cooking, 20 Unarmed, 15 MM, Full Change, Full Industrial, Half Life (3, lol). can't remember much else but I had decent equipment as well.

Sorry my friend, most players can do 20 times that in two weeks. Cheese and lots of good curios.
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment - chop wood, carry water. ~Zen Buddhist Proverb
BangPow

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar