W7 Accomplishments

General discussion and socializing.

Re: W7 Accomplishments

Postby spawningmink » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:27 am

Eemerald wrote:
spawningmink wrote:
Eemerald wrote:to be honest world 7 dragged a hell of a long time. But I guess my accomplishments have always been around building a village and seeing where it leads. Each world it's been different and interesting, but what I guess matters to me is that it functions and succeeds, and apart from the raid a few weeks back, we've always been lucky not to be targeted endlessly with attacks, although people have tried, most don't feel a massive urge to push it, which is nice!

I guess something I'm proud of is the people whove continuously stayed alongside me world after world. Thash and Jon, who were first in EC in world 5 and been every since. People like Lady V and Phaen who may not always be in EC but have been in and out and support me. xcom and ramo's crazy ass ideas, half of which xcom has attempted to explain in his mad scientist ways and rarely gets to finish what he says :D and everyone whose been a part of EC and contributed something, helped, built, spent their time on improving the town, the support from people in Malachite, and other towns, even the raiders who were nice enough after the raid to leave the town be to at least get things fixed up and those who helped when we were in trouble and needed that support.

Here's to Hafen...if it gets started on time:P

May open up the town in a few days for party, if people are up for it:)

this will be my first EC party....i hope im invited :3

yes, sadly im probably not going to be around on the last couple of days, but town can be opened up for anyone else who wants to come:)

may i suggest you open to tomorrow? also what will be some cool things to check out? will there be a lunch? free gear droping? crafter party? ramones skull give away? ;)
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Eemerald » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:35 am

spawningmink wrote:may i suggest you open to tomorrow? also what will be some cool things to check out? will there be a lunch? free gear droping? crafter party? ramones skull give away? ;)

ummm...u wanna do the party planning?:P cause I wasn't really planning no games and activities since it seems most end up finding their own entertainment.....
A (bad) Haiku
I heart Emerald
She hates villagers with lives
Leads with iron fist
Eemerald

Postby spawningmink » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:53 am

Eemerald wrote:
spawningmink wrote:may i suggest you open to tomorrow? also what will be some cool things to check out? will there be a lunch? free gear droping? crafter party? ramones skull give away? ;)

ummm...u wanna do the party planning?:P cause I wasn't really planning no games and activities since it seems most end up finding their own entertainment.....

id say a feast would be good and maybe some party gifts
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby infectedking » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:54 am

spawningmink wrote:will there be a lunch? free gear droping? crafter party? ramones skull give away? ;)

Sounds like someone that has already looted EC before is trying to get free Gear, kill some crafters for the lols, ramo's skull and free food to boost his bought characters.
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby kill5link » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:55 am

I achieved not being killed once within the first half year of playtime since the world beginning and building up a quite neat village, before I went on hiatus. Me and 2 buddies exaggerated a bit on how big our base should be, so after we were done with the inner and outer brickwall, created way too huge crop fields and masses of animals + a mine base and our plots set up and everything, we got bored of the game and stopped playing one after the other and switched to other stuff than H&H. One of my buddies and me still checked in once in a while to see if anything interesting happened in our area and to check when those goddam cows would finally die, cause some of those cows lasted longer than some of the buildings lol

Once we started playing again a few months later, we decided to switch location because our area was just too boring. We started building small bases from scratch elsewhere but usually that ended with one of our mains dying one way or another. Like getting an error mid-water and drowning. Or death by pulling Auroch hair. Silly stuff like that. We switched bases like 4 times in total over the course of the 2 years. And after all that time of playing on and off, I still got 2 alts who made it through all of the wandering-tour, like my carpentry alt:

All in all it was a lot of fun, so mission accomplished.
And never am I gonna build a big base again with so few people xd
kill5link

Postby painhertz » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:15 am

Eemerald wrote:
spawningmink wrote:
Eemerald wrote:to be honest world 7 dragged a hell of a long time. But I guess my accomplishments have always been around building a village and seeing where it leads. Each world it's been different and interesting, but what I guess matters to me is that it functions and succeeds, and apart from the raid a few weeks back, we've always been lucky not to be targeted endlessly with attacks, although people have tried, most don't feel a massive urge to push it, which is nice!

I guess something I'm proud of is the people whove continuously stayed alongside me world after world. Thash and Jon, who were first in EC in world 5 and been every since. People like Lady V and Phaen who may not always be in EC but have been in and out and support me. xcom and ramo's crazy ass ideas, half of which xcom has attempted to explain in his mad scientist ways and rarely gets to finish what he says :D and everyone whose been a part of EC and contributed something, helped, built, spent their time on improving the town, the support from people in Malachite, and other towns, even the raiders who were nice enough after the raid to leave the town be to at least get things fixed up and those who helped when we were in trouble and needed that support.

Here's to Hafen...if it gets started on time:P

May open up the town in a few days for party, if people are up for it:)

this will be my first EC party....i hope im invited :3
yes, sadly im probably not going to be around on the last couple of days, but town can be opened up for anyone else who wants to come:)[/quote

Tried my damndest to log in my characters for a last look today but the newest version of java has some security issue with haven.jnlp and won't let me open it. i opened the java console and made exceptions but it still won't work. :( (Assuming Haven 2.0 will work with java in a similar manner i'd love if someone can help me get it working, i'd hate to be 4-8 hours behind everyone else on launch day because I can;t get the damned client to work....)
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby borka » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:41 am

Why don't you just use a custom client for now - the hafen client won't be a jnlp anyways (and if it would be we could still make an "offline" package of it ;) )
borka

Postby painhertz » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:53 am

borka wrote:Why don't you just use a custom client for now - the hafen client won't be a jnlp anyways (and if it would be we could still make an "offline" package of it ;) )

I downgraded to java 7 and got it working. Just wanted to see what was left one more time. So Haven 2.0 is using a new...whatever?
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby borka » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:27 am

as loftar said prolly a .jar containing all needed ...
borka

Postby epicless » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:37 pm

Eemerald wrote:May open up the town in a few days for party, if people are up for it:)

I'd be up for an end-of-the-world party. Preferably without too much violence, but history does tend to repeat itself.
Haven and Hearth News, Tutorials and the Stories of My Humble Journey
Epicless' Blog | Epicless' Youtube Channel
epicless

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar