Predict the peak population at launch

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Predict the peak population at launch

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:29 am

Darruin wrote:Why do you guys assume the decline in popularity? Is it unreasonable to think that it might go the other way?

that's what I'm saying, i've been paying attention to the stream of new people coming to the forums for the last month and that doesn't count people who quit years ago who are gonna come back now for a try. Even if it doesn;t hit 1500 + Friday it will build up over the first month.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby jordancoles » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:33 am

Darruin wrote:Why do you guys assume the decline in popularity? Is it unreasonable to think that it might go the other way?

Sort of yes lol

The devs have a habit of making a game and then taking long breaks to pursue other projects
I will predict about 4-5 months of updates after initial release and then they'll move on, but that's just because I've been here a while :lol:

Loftar will go make some cellphone apps or something, and Jorb will be off somewhere getting stoned with his college budz

But I do hope they manage to make a profit with Hafen and that they will continue to give consistent updates/fixes
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:38 am

jordancoles wrote:

Sort of yes lol

The devs have a habit of making a game and then taking long breaks to pursue other projects
I will predict about 4-5 months of updates after initial release and then they'll move on, but that's just because I've been here a while :lol:

Loftar will go make some cellphone apps or something, and Jorb will be off somewhere getting stoned with his college budz

But I do hope they manage to make a profit with Hafen and that they will continue to give consistent updates/fixes

Since when is one instance (Building Salem and letting haven stagnate) a "habit"?
painhertz

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:53 am

painhertz wrote:Since when is one instance (Building Salem and letting haven stagnate) a "habit"?

For many, that's all they've ever known. Most players who are around now never got to see the constant stream of updates that World 1, 2, and 3 got.
TeckXKnight

Postby jtpitner » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:07 am

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
jtpitner

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:04 am

TeckXKnight wrote:
painhertz wrote:Since when is one instance (Building Salem and letting haven stagnate) a "habit"?

For many, that's all they've ever known. Most players who are around now never got to see the constant stream of updates that World 1, 2, and 3 got.

"We have been developing and here's what we have....." I read those words and a chill goes down my spine, it's like opening Christmas presents! :)
painhertz

Postby mvgulik » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:51 am

Most players who are around now never got to see the constant stream of updates that World 1, 2, and 3 got.

Seems that that statement assumes that motivation is a static and unchanging thing.

Well ... assuming, of course, its actually playing a role here, and that its actually a real thing that can be quantified and measured.
mvgulik

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:09 pm

666 :twisted:
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Clemence » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:53 pm

May be there will be a lots of ex players who will come again and have a look for the new game, play again and remember why they quited the first time.
Occured to me a lot, remembering good time in ex games, play a bit then leaving after 1 or 2 days.
Clemence

Postby tremlingrendel » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Clemence wrote:May be there will be a lots of ex players who will come again and have a look for the new game, play again and remember why they quited the first time.

This is my expectation when I get back into the game. Play for a bit, enjoy the PvE aspect for a time, and then have somebody assault my camp and kill me out of some imagined sense of competition, then put the game down and wait for the next incarnation of the game to try it again.
tremlingrendel

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar