Predict the peak population at launch

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Predict the peak population at launch

Postby overtyped » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:11 am

Denkar wrote:above 1000 the first few days, if the game is decently playable
then it'll drop to triple digits for a few days or weeks after the newcomers realize this isn't a generic carebear mmo and quit
after the initial phase is over it'll steadily raise as long as jorb and loftar keep actively developing it
and finally it'll slowly start dropping when they stop

that is my prediction

It's all because of jerks that kill people, that's why people quit. Leave hearthlings alone!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Jackard » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:33 am

what was salems numbers again
Jackard

Postby Jackard » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:34 am

Dzedajus wrote:by the end of month stable 400 players

Jackard

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:56 am

2-3,000 for first week of the launch, dropping to 500/600 by end of first month.

If too much has been changed, aka Salem style, 2-3,000 first wk of launch, dropping to under 50 by wk two. :P
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:08 am

Amanda44 wrote:If too much has been changed, aka Salem style, 2-3,000 first wk of launch, dropping to under 50 by wk two. :P

You know,I've been playing salem again waiting for HnH to relaunch, and there's so much that was done RIGHT there.

No teleporting with a full inventory, poison effects, terraforming, how crafting was done (Stats of subcombines carrying down to recipes they were used in), the fishing mechanic, the complexities of farming, I haven't found much to hate about it anymore.

I'm hoping for a lot of it to carry over, while still remaining distinctly Haven.

The "central city" and "silver" can fuck right off though, along with the damned braziers.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby painhertz » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:25 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:If too much has been changed, aka Salem style, 2-3,000 first wk of launch, dropping to under 50 by wk two. :P

You know,I've been playing salem again waiting for HnH to relaunch, and there's so much that was done RIGHT there.

No teleporting with a full inventory, poison effects, terraforming, how crafting was done (Stats of subcombines carrying down to recipes they were used in), the fishing mechanic, the complexities of farming, I haven't found much to hate about it anymore.

I'm hoping for a lot of it to carry over, while still remaining distinctly Haven.

The "central city" and "silver" can fuck right off though, along with the damned braziers.

You should be ashamed of yourself. you have offended your ancestors.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:36 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:

Well, in all honesty I've not experienced the game since it's revamp, I get mixed reviews from the people I know who have gone back and tried it. I almost did but then got put off again by their forum ..... which I still visit .... I'd like to at least be able to ask questions and comment on things and I couldn't there the first time around, not through lack of trying, lol, and see no changes there to indicate any different, in fact it seems even more ridiculous tbh! And it does put me off playing with those devs at the helm.

There were always some aspects of Salem I enjoyed, cooking for one, but mostly it was dreadful, terraforming was the height of stress and boredom, lol, not sure if that has been changed in any way, farming/mining was way over complicated ..... and so on ... I'm also not at all a fan of the witchcraft or even illness, poisons, ect ... as I've said before, nursing a sick char back to health is just an annoying mechanic to me and a waste of playing time.

But, we all like different things and some of those things may have changed for the better but overall I'm not encouraged to go back and see. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:25 pm

~2k first couple of days, 1k first 2 weeks, 600-700 first month, a bit less most of the time, and when everything goes stale 150-200
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Sardte » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:52 pm

3k+ at max on launch day
Sardte

Postby shubla » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Raiding mechanics in salem are designed for carebears. Its very time (and rl money) consuming to raid. And protecting from basically everyone other than few most high stat players on server is very easy. Build brickwall and few braziers maybe town claim = youre basically unraidable by most of chars on salem. But still many carebears quit because "risk of being raided" is too high. (totally not if you build brickwall and braziers)
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar