Predict the peak population at launch

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Predict the peak population at launch

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:01 pm

tremlingrendel wrote:
Clemence wrote:May be there will be a lots of ex players who will come again and have a look for the new game, play again and remember why they quited the first time.

This is my expectation when I get back into the game. Play for a bit, enjoy the PvE aspect for a time, and then have somebody assault my camp and kill me out of some imagined sense of competition, then put the game down and wait for the next incarnation of the game to try it again.

You are going to quit playing a perma death game just because you die once? Where's the fun in that?
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Darruin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:02 am

painhertz wrote:
tremlingrendel wrote:
Clemence wrote:May be there will be a lots of ex players who will come again and have a look for the new game, play again and remember why they quited the first time.

This is my expectation when I get back into the game. Play for a bit, enjoy the PvE aspect for a time, and then have somebody assault my camp and kill me out of some imagined sense of competition, then put the game down and wait for the next incarnation of the game to try it again.

You are going to quit playing a perma death game just because you die once? Where's the fun in that?

The people who hate the death mechanics of Haven have some flawed vision of what makes the game so intriguing. There is no predetermined end-goal for a given character - your village may be smited by some larger force and you just have to accept it and move on. At this point some people see the time invested as a waste of time, others critique their past decisions and question what could have been done differently. I've made some damn stupid decisions which led to my death and I am happy to accept it.
Darruin

Postby Flameturtle » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:05 am

I feel like rather than starting my base on launch, I'll provide a valuable service in dragging boars to new players and letting them discover whether this game is really for them.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Orcling » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:28 am

Flameturtle wrote:I feel like rather than starting my base on launch, I'll provide a valuable service in dragging boars to new players and letting them discover whether this game is really for them.

But what if boars are faster than you now.
Orcling

Postby Flameturtle » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:34 am

Then I guess I get to decide if this game is really for me.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby konjad » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 am

0, because the server will crash ;)
konjad

Postby Kaios » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:41 pm

Lots of people on the forum the past few days and today especially, I think some of the higher estimates might be close to what we'll really see soon.
Kaios

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Kaios wrote:Lots of people on the forum the past few days and today especially, I think some of the higher estimates might be close to what we'll really see soon.

Omg! Lol, I just looked at the home page after reading that .... :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby NaoWhut » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Current forum population

In total there are 281 users online

I gotta say you lowballers are losing atm
ImageImage
NaoWhut

Postby shubla » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:36 pm

My new prediction, 400 people
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar