New engine

General discussion and socializing.

Re: New engine

Postby cpt1silencer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:21 am

I think you should move to the new world, experience the beginning not the apocalyptic end your exploring now, imagine getting that palisade without looting abandoned homes.
This game really needs a great sword...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qacgb2b8LVU
cpt1silencer

Postby Jareczko » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:05 pm

I didn't get any items needed to Palisade in abandoned homes. I found there only little not very important things.

On this new engine all important rules will be functioning too?
Jareczko

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Jareczko wrote:On this new engine all important rules will be functioning too?

Can you clarify what 'important rules' are? The game should be playable if that's what you're asking.
TeckXKnight

Postby Reeyfer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:43 pm

borka wrote:Why is gaming always seen as competition by so many not as an experience for oneself ?!? And why not "The route is the goal" in both worlds ?!?

I'm a player since minute one of this world and i only have some q 20+ silkmoth eggs stored atm - so be proud of having beaten me ;) ;) ;)

?!?

I never said anything about it having to be a competition. I simply took his excitement over finding what he perceived as high quality goods as an indication that this type of thing was important to him. Certainly it is to plenty of Haven players, who use every trick in the book to relentlessly powerlevel, build up alts for absolutely everything, bot, use clients and settings that strip all the charm and difficulty out of the world for an advantage and, according to accusations I've seen against different people on the forum, even buy characters outright (honestly wouldn't think Haven was big enough for that sort of thing, but then I have no idea what they paid either so I guess it's all relative).

Ofc it could just as easily have been the 'lost treasure' feeling you can get joining a world late in the game and exploring abandoned settlements, instead any feeling of advancement in the 'rat race.'
Reeyfer

Postby Jareczko » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:36 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:
Jareczko wrote:On this new engine all important rules will be functioning too?

Can you clarify what 'important rules' are? The game should be playable if that's what you're asking.

for example
Curiosity
quality calculating

I was asking that the engine is only new graphics and improvements, or completely something new like 3D rotating buildings and objects. Oh, wow, nice, etc.
Jareczko

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Yeah the game is still Haven, so it'll have most of the core systems up and running still, they just may be in completely different forms. I doubt the curiosity system will be in it in exactly the same format, personal beliefs aren't going to be in it in any way resembling their current state, and we haven't heard anything concrete on quality.
TeckXKnight

Postby Jareczko » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:10 pm

I see... Thank you very much for every information
Jareczko

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar