Early-Game Strategy for Survival

General discussion and socializing.

Early-Game Strategy for Survival

Postby earllohst » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:35 am

So since we have hearthsecret spawn removed this has changed early game drastically as you no longer can spawn and work together like in previous worlds. (or make lots of alts for claiming and grinding purpose)

What are your strategy to tackle this new dynamic? Do you have one?

I will probably stick with other players I meet and try to band up as soon as possible, instead of avoiding other players like I used to. Since now you can't farm with alts you can't get every aspect or resources by yourself and management is hard you might end up with more fish than wood or vice versa so other players might have what you need. The faster you band up and gain more local friends the better!

Of course this is just a hypothesis in reality we might be killing each other more brutally and avoiding each other even more, but let me know what do you think?
earllohst

Re: Early-Game Strategy for Survival

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:36 am

Walk around a bunch until I meet someone I know then join them will be my strat of choice
Last edited by Jesus_Smith_Nandez on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby bitza » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:37 am

mooch off of everyone i meet until they kick me out, then move on to find a new host
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby earllohst » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:38 am

bitza wrote:mooch off of everyone i meet until they kick me out, then move on to find a new host

That's solid.
earllohst

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:44 am

earllohst wrote:So since we have hearthsecret spawn removed this has changed early game drastically as you no longer can spawn and work together like in previous worlds. (or make lots of alts for claiming and grinding purpose)

I will probably stick with other players I meet and try to band up as soon as possible, instead of avoiding other players like I used to. Since now you can't farm with alts you can't get every aspect or resources by yourself and management is hard you might end up with more fish than wood or vice versa so other players might have what you need. The faster you band up and gain more local friends the better!

Of course this is just a hypothesis in reality we might be killing each other more brutally and avoiding each other even more, but let me know what do you think?

Hit ant hills fast and hard like a fat sorority chick in a frat house. Raise explore, find Flotsums..... GET PAID
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby sabinati » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:47 am

painhertz wrote:
earllohst wrote:So since we have hearthsecret spawn removed this has changed early game drastically as you no longer can spawn and work together like in previous worlds. (or make lots of alts for claiming and grinding purpose)

Hit ant hills fast and hard like a fat sorority chick in a frat house. Raise explore, find Flotsums..... GET PAID

you'd think that you would know how to spell flotsam by now
sabinati

Postby cmeks » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:18 am

scenically walk around the map, take screenshots, and then get killed by a bear. I vow to be the first death in the new haven :P
cmeks

Postby Shadow7168 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:03 am

Scour the whole map for Lorb & Joftars camp, steal their rabbit furs.
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby Ninijutsu » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:46 am

Meet with friends, become the very best like no-one ever was, and catch them all.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby Nictos » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:14 am

Just gonna do this until someone finds me:

Nictos

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar