Apology to Niltrias

General discussion and socializing.

Apology to Niltrias

Postby Adam- » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:37 pm

I feel that is is necessary for me to write an apology based on the events that have happened this morning (night for you). For all those reading here is what happened.

- I traveled to "Boat Murdered" which I thought to be BN's hunting outpost.
- When I arrived down the final stretch of Road I read a Stone that said "Welcome to BM, something something Sinister" I knew that the Sinister was referring to Niltrias.
- I arrived at the outpost, I saw a meat grinder beside a claim totem and a cabin.
- There was no implication that said "This is Niltrias's Cabin + Claim" so I proceeded in.
- Since I was in his party I did not realize that any trespassing would not be reported in.
- When I went on the claim I thought that it was communal because of this, in other words I thought it was just a community storage.
- When I went inside I was trapped by a hearth fire, so I had to sprint my way out.
- When I came outside I was accused of having no manners by Niltrias.
- I explained to him five times that my action was done by accident and ignorance to what the outpost was.
- Basically he wouldn't have it.
- I flipped out, calling him several unrepeatable things.
- It eventually came to the point where I said if he came by my house I'd just kill him, this is because he was not listening to any diplomacy. My thinking at the moment was that since he would not accept it was an accident that I'd kill him if he came on my deed, simply because he was being unreasonable.
- I tried to contact him through Blaze, as he can attest to, to try and resolve the situation, but no reply came back from Niltrias.

In conclusion, it was indeed an accident I went on your property. It was not out of rude mannerism but simply out of plain ignorance. However I sincerely apologize for being a complete asshole with you afterwords and calling you those things.

Please accept it as I would hate to see this tear the village apart and would not like to see this come to blows.
Adam-

Re: Apology to Niltrias

Postby niltrias » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Adam- wrote:I feel that is is necessary for me to write an apology based on the events that have happened this morning (night for you). For all those reading here is what happened.

- I traveled to "Boat Murdered" which I thought to be BN's hunting outpost.
- When I arrived down the final stretch of Road I read a Stone that said "Welcome to BM, something something Sinister" I knew that the Sinister was referring to Niltrias.
- I arrived at the outpost, I saw a meat grinder beside a claim totem and a cabin.
- There was no implication that said "This is Niltrias's Cabin + Claim" so I proceeded in.
- Since I was in his party I did not realize that any trespassing would not be reported in.
- When I went on the claim I thought that it was communal because of this, in other words I thought it was just a community storage.
- When I went inside I was trapped by a hearth fire, so I had to sprint my way out.
- When I came outside I was accused of having no manners by Niltrias.
- I explained to him five times that my action was done by accident and ignorance to what the outpost was.
- Basically he wouldn't have it.
- I flipped out, calling him several unrepeatable things.
- It eventually came to the point where I said if he came by my house I'd just kill him, this is because he was not listening to any diplomacy. My thinking at the moment was that since he would not accept it was an accident that I'd kill him if he came on my deed, simply because he was being unreasonable.
- I tried to contact him through Blaze, as he can attest to, to try and resolve the situation, but no reply came back from Niltrias.

In conclusion, it was indeed an accident I went on your property. It was not out of rude mannerism but simply out of plain ignorance. However I sincerely apologize for being a complete asshole with you afterwords and calling you those things.

Please accept it as I would hate to see this tear the village apart and would not like to see this come to blows.

Well, I would disagree on some details, but I completely agree that there was a misunderstanding that got blown out of proportion. The only thing i will say in my defense is that you received no response through blaze because I received no contact through blaze. Otherwise, if we can both agree that it was a mutual mistake, then no apology necessary. We had a misunderstanding, which is now resolved.

Edit -- I just noticed a PM from blaze about this, that i had missed before. He did try to contact me on your behalf, and I missed it. I apologize for any escalation that might have been caused.
Last edited by niltrias on Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby Adam- » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:20 pm

I agree with you, I hope nothing of this sort happens again.

I'm glad we resolved it.
Adam-

Postby holychicken » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:24 pm

I am sorry, but I DO NOT consider this issue resolved.

By order of the Holy Chicken you must continue to fight.

So carry on then.
holychicken

Postby niltrias » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:30 pm

holychicken wrote:I am sorry, but I DO NOT consider this issue resolved.

By order of the Holy Chicken you must continue to fight.

So carry on then.

Actually, i suggest all these posts be deleted.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby theTrav » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:33 am

clearly a fight to the death is the only reasonable way to resolve this without loss of face.

Who was the lawspeaker for bottleneck again?
theTrav

Postby Hamel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:09 am

theTrav wrote:clearly a fight to the death is the only reasonable way to resolve this without loss of face.

Is. It's Goran Starodub, AKA Potjeh.
The grumpiest tree you ever did see.

Character: Hamel, previously Chieftain of Ancient Bottleneck, a founding father of the Confederation of Bottleneck. Currently a hibernating soul.
Hamel

Postby Adam- » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:45 am

Obviously a fight to the death is not needed because it is already solved...? :?

But seriously no more commenting on this topic is really needed, the issue has been peacefully resolved.

Thanks for the concern though :roll:
Adam-

Postby holychicken » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:23 pm

theTrav wrote:clearly a fight to the death is the only reasonable way to resolve this without loss of face.

It should be obvious, but I am with theTrav on this. There is no way that this can be resolved if both of you are still alive. One of you must die at the other's hand.
holychicken

Postby Dondy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Okay, Holy Chicken will fight the Trav and the survivor will say if Niltrias or Adam is the winner..
Dondy

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar