Server Crashes

General discussion and socializing.

Server Crashes

Postby Zolkowski » Sun May 31, 2009 6:27 pm

I was wondering if there was some way we could donate to the website to upgrade the server? With the most recent crash, I lost 10 bars of iron, and 1 level into melee combat 9.. it took me a long time to get those. I'd really love to contribute to help upgrade the server and prevent more crashes.
Zolkowski

Re: Server Crashes

Postby loftar » Sun May 31, 2009 6:37 pm

Thank you for your kind offer, but as I just wrote here, we do have another machine ready. We've just really wanted to use the crappiest possible machine available to us, just to to be able to properly benchmark how server performance is affected by the number of users logged in and other factors. It's an old trusty machine as well, and I'm a bit sad to see it go. Once we construct our great Seatribe headquarters, we'll put it in a glass monitor in the lobby. ;)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Zolkowski » Sun May 31, 2009 6:49 pm

loftar wrote:Thank you for your kind offer, but as I just wrote here, we do have another machine ready. We've just really wanted to use the crappiest possible machine available to us, just to to be able to properly benchmark how server performance is affected by the number of users logged in and other factors. It's an old trusty machine as well, and I'm a bit sad to see it go. Once we construct our great Seatribe headquarters, we'll put it in a glass monitor in the lobby. ;)

Heh sounds like a great plan :) Great to see the server upgrade though, but if you guys need help with anything, please let me know. I'd be willing to help with the project in any way possible.
Zolkowski

Postby ybobjoe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Yeah I've been trying to get Yeomanry, twice I've gotten up to around 3k+ and lost all my work... its kind of starting to tick me off.. I was also healing my HHP during that time and finally got it back to max -_-
ybobjoe

Postby theTrav » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:21 am

ybobjoe wrote:Yeah I've been trying to get Yeomanry, twice I've gotten up to around 3k+ and lost all my work... its kind of starting to tick me off.. I was also healing my HHP during that time and finally got it back to max -_-

typing :lo will log you out and save your character. I recommend doing it every 1000 points
theTrav

Postby ybobjoe » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:43 am

theTrav wrote:
ybobjoe wrote:Yeah I've been trying to get Yeomanry, twice I've gotten up to around 3k+ and lost all my work... its kind of starting to tick me off.. I was also healing my HHP during that time and finally got it back to max -_-

typing :lo will log you out and save your character. I recommend doing it every 1000 points

Thank you for that, it will save me a lot of grief.
ybobjoe

Return to The Inn of Brodgar