Looking for cavemates

General discussion and socializing.

Looking for cavemates

Postby killerdynamo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:04 am

I've just started work on my underground living project and I'm looking for a few people to help fill the mine.

some of the benefits are:
easily defended, I'll be building a brick wall around the ladder, so no one gets in without a key.
our hearthfires, cabins (if you feel the need to build one underground), and town idol (if we get that many people) won't effect the local wildlife
it's awesome
lots of room

If you're interested you must be willing to follow certain guildlines about digging as most of the structure of the town will be tunnels and dug out 'rooms', and you must treat your cavemates kindly.

If you're interested in moving in, send me a message and I'll tell you where it is.
killerdynamo

Re: Looking for cavemates

Postby theTrav » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:14 am

Have a look through the threads, I'm fairly sure there's already a few communities living underground... maybe join one of them?

Just a few pointers:
1 - Hearth fires in a mine DO effect cic census (If I Recall Correctly)
2 - Not sure if you can build an idol in a mine...
3 - You won't be able to grow trees or crops underground, so make sure you have some space up top to get your lumber for fueling the smelters and some bread to stop you starving.
4 - You won't be able to get clay from underground, so make sure you have some space up top to get your clay for making bricks for your smelters.

If you just plan on importing what you don't have then that'd probably work too, Laketown looks forward to supplying you with food, wood and leather if you require in exchange for precious precious metals ^_^
theTrav

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:26 am

I for one am making my way there.
Um... a map would be really helpful, though.
Surprise.
Peter

Postby Machenoid » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:50 am

All we need now is a Dwarve character graphic...
The Dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. He doesn't really care about anything any more.
Machenoid

Postby killerdynamo » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:44 am

theTrav wrote:Have a look through the threads, I'm fairly sure there's already a few communities living underground... maybe join one of them?

Just a few pointers:
1 - Hearth fires in a mine DO effect cic census (If I Recall Correctly)
2 - Not sure if you can build an idol in a mine...
3 - You won't be able to grow trees or crops underground, so make sure you have some space up top to get your lumber for fueling the smelters and some bread to stop you starving.
4 - You won't be able to get clay from underground, so make sure you have some space up top to get your clay for making bricks for your smelters.

If you just plan on importing what you don't have then that'd probably work too, Laketown looks forward to supplying you with food, wood and leather if you require in exchange for precious precious metals ^_^

I haven't looked through the entire thread history, but if you're referring to the dwarf settlement thread, I started that and this is the continuation of it (that thread got kind of sidetracked so I decided I should start another one).

1. I don't know if it's been changed since then (it has been a while) but in the civ census announcement thread loftar said that they do not.
2. I'll have to check, which means I'll have to get lawspeaking...
3 and 4. I picked a good spot for the mine taking as many things as I could into account, both of these and a few more included.

Peter, I just PMed you a very crude map
killerdynamo

Postby Maloken » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Im interested, ive pmed you!
Maloken

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Hmm... mines can now be dug, using 400 chunks of wood, and apparently they can be built within existing mines. You know what this means.
Z-LEVELS!!!
Surprise.
Peter

Return to The Inn of Brodgar