Will this game ...

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Will this game ...

Postby Davor » Sun May 09, 2021 11:03 pm

sircamel wrote:... ever evolve beyond people randomly killing people? I played for 4 days as a hermit, explored the map looking for bones and 3 players just killed me out of the blue, without saying a word and threw my body into the river. But it really helps with only playing this for 3 days every world. :P See you in 2022!

Yep those guys are very hostile and attack on sight. Some called them Koreans I am not sure are they really from Korea or its a some kind of nickname. I don't get it eaither why would they randomly attack everyone but you can always make a new character and check a forum for a tribe looking for new players if you want safe start.
Davor

Postby WowGain » Mon May 10, 2021 12:15 pm

sircamel wrote:wah wah boo hoo

this man really been bitching about sour grapes since 2014 and still hasnt figured out how to play this game
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon May 10, 2021 6:47 pm

WowGain wrote:
sircamel wrote:wah wah boo hoo

this man really been bitching about sour grapes since 2014 and still hasnt figured out how to play this game

Yeah and i don't really get it. Yeah it sucks super hard to run into a dick who sprucekills without a second thought but the high potential for death is one of the most rewarding parts about this game IMO. Everything has newfound meaning when everything else could potentially kill you. I play alot of MMOs and the one thing that always deters me is how meaningless and stale death is. Animals aren't really scary anymore, actually i would be VERY suprised if anyone has died to animals since w8 or w7, so the only thing bringing death into the game is players...... and drowning...... without death Haven just becomes empty. It also creates really interesting social dynamics between villages and hermitages so i really get urked whenever people bitch about PVP and dying in this game.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby VDZ » Tue May 11, 2021 8:57 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:Yeah and i don't really get it. Yeah it sucks super hard to run into a dick who sprucekills without a second thought but the high potential for death is one of the most rewarding parts about this game IMO. Everything has newfound meaning when everything else could potentially kill you. I play alot of MMOs and the one thing that always deters me is how meaningless and stale death is. Animals aren't really scary anymore, actually i would be VERY suprised if anyone has died to animals since w8 or w7, so the only thing bringing death into the game is players...... and drowning...... without death Haven just becomes empty. It also creates really interesting social dynamics between villages and hermitages so i really get urked whenever people bitch about PVP and dying in this game.

The threat of death is fun. Death itself is not fun, and often makes people quit. I think the current system were I lost my Snekkja and all of my gear and got massive wounds that I am still recovering from two days later (and will be for at least a couple days more, that's with treatment for everything) from getting ganked is a good compromise. Players still have something to fear and getting mugged is very harsh, but it's no reason to quit as recovery is viable.

EDIT: Actually, having spent nearly a full day in bed after treatment, the wounds are almost gone now.
Last edited by VDZ on Wed May 12, 2021 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
VDZ

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed May 12, 2021 12:14 am

VDZ wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:Yeah and i don't really get it. Yeah it sucks super hard to run into a dick who sprucekills without a second thought but the high potential for death is one of the most rewarding parts about this game IMO. Everything has newfound meaning when everything else could potentially kill you. I play alot of MMOs and the one thing that always deters me is how meaningless and stale death is. Animals aren't really scary anymore, actually i would be VERY suprised if anyone has died to animals since w8 or w7, so the only thing bringing death into the game is players...... and drowning...... without death Haven just becomes empty. It also creates really interesting social dynamics between villages and hermitages so i really get urked whenever people bitch about PVP and dying in this game.

The threat of death is fun. Death itself is not fun, and often makes people quit. I think the current system were I lost my Snekkja and all of my gear and got massive wounds that I am still recovering from two days later (and will be for at least a couple days more, that's with treatment for everything) from getting ganked is a good compromise. Players still have something to fear and getting mugged is very harsh, but it's no reason to quit as recovery is viable.

I remember the days when animals would attack you while you were down..... I have to say this system is somewhat above that simply because it made it difficult to ever leave your palisade at all.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Archiplex » Wed May 12, 2021 3:42 pm

The_Lich_King wrote:
VDZ wrote:

I remember the days when animals would attack you while you were down..... I have to say this system is somewhat above that simply because it made it difficult to ever leave your palisade at all.

They still do. It works almost exactly the same; some animals are more aggressive and liable to slaughter you if they beat you than others, others never bother to.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 12, 2021 3:52 pm

Archiplex wrote:They still do.

Probably better to say "they do again." We went for a few worlds with lazy wildlife.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Archiplex » Wed May 12, 2021 3:59 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

Probably better to say "they do again." We went for a few worlds with lazy wildlife.

fair, i'd stopped playing during those worlds so i never quite noticed
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed May 12, 2021 5:15 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

You see i didn't even realize because i haven't been downed by an animal in so long... I usually just meme hunt foxes until i have metal forging and after that point as long as you understand what's too large for you to fell you are pretty safe. I knew that in w8 and w9 animals didn't attack while you were down but i haven't been downed by an animal post w9 except for during the early game when i accidentally aggro and they never kill when down so i had no idea it was re-added.

The_Lich_King

Postby BigCountry » Thu May 13, 2021 6:48 pm

Got raided today, lost a character in the process but escaped enough to move on. It's funny how bad these types of players speak Engrish...

3 geared up/decent stat guys on sleds wearing wings, cords were 64,27 (east coast, north)

They kept spamming "PUT YOU FINGER IN THE ASS!!"

I finally was like "YOUR"

If you're settling in this area. I highly suggest you leave. They even built a ram, even though I left the gate doors open lol. They are that bored...

lol
BigCountry

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot