Bone Mother's Market

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Bone Mother's Market

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun May 30, 2021 5:38 pm

springyb wrote:
Kaios wrote:Oh you’re a mind reader? That’s cool, do you tell fortunes too? That is the response that irks me the most because many players have said over and over and over again that they want to participate in that content. Have you ever killed any players at all? Have you ever been part of a fight that included more than yourself and the two people chasing you? Did you ever participate in a large faction v faction battle? If you haven’t done any of that, why are you playing this game?

Such indignation at something that wasn't even directed at you.

Yes I've done all that, minus faction garbage because politics are awful. I've also built a mountain and roleplay as a paperbag monster while making my trees and pavement look pretty. If siege is ever fun I'm going to put a flag on top of my mountain and give the first player to steal it a bunch of cool stuff. I play this game because it's the only game that lets me do all of those dumb things while also resonating with my nihilistic nature.

If I didn't like having the freedom to do those things, I certainly wouldn't ruin my mental health over it by trying to pick fights on a forum with those who do. Especially when I wasn't involved.

And yes I've read your fortune, you should ask your doctor about hypertension.

LMAO this is the best post in the whole thread.

What are people getting so heated about anyways? Everybody is acting like this is some question of morality here.

Bone Market got raided not because the world is a hostile and terrible place filled with scumbags, it got raided because Lunarius has made a name for himself as being generally unlikeable combined with the fact that markets run by people who are not power PVP groups or respectable neutral people are easy targets.

Also, if nobody knew the semantics of what happened, BM was not even properly protected, it wasn't a siege or a raid, it was just a poorly designed base that happened to have free loot in it.
Zentetsuken

Postby ogey » Sun May 30, 2021 6:13 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:LMAO this is the best post in the whole thread.

What are people getting so heated about anyways? Everybody is acting like this is some question of morality here.

Bone Market got raided not because the world is a hostile and terrible place filled with scumbags, it got raided because Lunarius has made a name for himself as being generally unlikeable combined with the fact that markets run by people who are not power PVP groups or respectable neutral people are easy targets.

Also, if nobody knew the semantics of what happened, BM was not even properly protected, it wasn't a siege or a raid, it was just a poorly designed base that happened to have free loot in it.

I think the reason this got so heated is not because a market got raided but because the raiders also destroyed things like the public use work stations and the credo garden for no real gain besides the satisfaction of breaking shit, which they got plenty of.
ogey

Postby azrid » Sun May 30, 2021 6:19 pm

aleck the bully misses the point once again
he will let nothing get between him and his target
azrid

Postby wonder-ass » Sun May 30, 2021 6:32 pm

would you nematodes like a how 2 run/pvp 4 dummies video? im getting tired of fighting gta pedestrian level ai players.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun May 30, 2021 6:36 pm

ogey wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:LMAO this is the best post in the whole thread.

I think the reason this got so heated is not because a market got raided but because the raiders also destroyed things like the public use work stations and the credo garden for no real gain besides the satisfaction of breaking shit, which they got plenty of.

breaking and destroying what you don't intend to steal is how raiding has worked in this game for 12 years now.
If this puts human morality in to question for you then you are going to be floored when you learn about other games like Grand Theft Auto
Zentetsuken

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun May 30, 2021 6:49 pm

also, another point

Lunarius is like a 10 year vet of this game and he has run Markets for 2 years now or longer

if morality is in question here, shouldn't Lunarius's be in question?

I think there is some unwritten promise that if somebody is hosting a market and actively inviting people to sell in it, that their judgement on security and protection is sound

Lunarius invited "poor innocent noobs" to sell their hard earned goods in his market but put extremely little effort in to keeping the place secure, he made a textbook, easily preventable security error and because of his severe lack of attention, care and responsibility, he allowed all the people who trusted him to have their shit stolen

As fas as I am concerned the owners of the market who persuaded innocent, poor, unkowing people in to being duped out of their goods is the person to blame
Zentetsuken

Postby ogey » Sun May 30, 2021 6:52 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:breaking and destroying what you don't intend to steal is how raiding has worked in this game for 12 years now.
If this puts human morality in to question for you then you are going to be floored when you learn about other games like Grand Theft Auto

I think you're misunderstanding me. I have no dog in this fight and it's happening far enough from my shitshack for me to care. I'm just explaining why I think people are reacting the way they are.
ogey

Postby ogey » Sun May 30, 2021 7:32 pm

wonder-ass wrote:would you nematodes like a how 2 run/pvp 4 dummies video? im getting tired of fighting gta pedestrian level ai players.

I actually would.
ogey

Postby MagicManICT » Sun May 30, 2021 7:59 pm

springyb wrote:It's honestly something I don't understand, why a game with open PvP and permadeath attracts people who are unwanting to participate in that aspect of the game.

CCP reported at one point that less than half their players had even entered into low sec, and only like 10% into nullsec. People want to play the games they want to play and ignore the greater rules of the game and potential consequences until "it happens to them."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Sun May 30, 2021 8:23 pm

MagicManICT wrote:CCP reported at one point that less than half their players had even entered into low sec, and only like 10% into nullsec.

Yeah but those are probably people who play for 1 week and then quit, I doubt that the numbers look like that if we only look at people who play for longer time, like an year.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot