Bone Mother's Market

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Bone Mother's Market

Postby RebelGiarcus » Fri May 28, 2021 11:43 pm

WTS Green Tea, Black Tea, Tea Seeds, Seers Tea. Tea Pot, Mugs.
RebelGiarcus

Postby Apocoreo » Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 am

Ardennesss wrote:explicitly defined

Hand over the official documentation, this is a robbery
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Ardennesss » Sat May 29, 2021 1:41 am

Apocoreo wrote:

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Criminal_Acts

Stop pretending like using the vandalism permissions is some super obscure unpredictable interaction. When you specifically create an area that you plan to allow crimes, these are the things you should consider. And if they don't want to spend the time to think about that, maybe those people shouldn't be running markets.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Kaios » Sat May 29, 2021 1:57 am

Ardennesss wrote:
Apocoreo wrote:

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Criminal_Acts

Stop pretending like using the vandalism permissions is some super obscure unpredictable interaction. When you specifically create an area that you plan to allow crimes, these are the things you should consider. And if they don't want to spend the time to think about that, maybe those people shouldn't be running markets.

What a load of shit lol. Hey did you know that a minehole can in fact be built on areas smaller than 3x3? Huh, it's too bad having a vandalism area smaller than 2x2 is basically useless.
Kaios

Postby VDZ » Sat May 29, 2021 3:20 am

Ardennesss wrote:ITT: People mad that other people pvped on a game that has an explicitly defined criminal acts system.

Ah, yes. That clear system where granting people vandalism at a specific spot also grants them vandalism on the entire claim unless you dig out and block the area immediately under it. It's like, right there in the tooltip, right?
VDZ

Postby wonder-ass » Sat May 29, 2021 4:10 am

builds literal area that allows vandalism and is big enough to build minehole > obscure game mechanics. fucking tools lmao.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby azrid » Sat May 29, 2021 11:04 am

Have you people learned nothing? Vandal perms are fine just claim your lvl 1 and put a rock pile under the market house/vandal area.
Do I need to write a basic guide on how to make a market?
We had this happen in w10 Community Fair.
It was a dick move back then it still is.
Lets not pretend snail is a good guy although it might be hard for his own posse to step out of the echochamber.
My final assessment is that both sides are r*tards for defending snail or crying about raid because they made a mistake.
azrid

Postby Vraatjuh » Sat May 29, 2021 12:23 pm

azrid wrote:Have you people learned nothing? Vandal perms are fine just claim your lvl 1 and put a rock pile under the market house/vandal area.
Do I need to write a basic guide on how to make a market?
We had this happen in w10 Community Fair.
It was a dick move back then it still is.
Lets not pretend snail is a good guy although it might be hard for his own posse to step out of the echochamber.
My final assessment is that both sides are r*tards for defending snail or crying about raid because they made a mistake.

Yeah, go make that basic guide. Because apparently not everybody was playing in world 10 or wasn't aware of how Community fair got raided back then.
The fact that even a big faction that owned the CF back then didn't know about this and did not foresee it, shows how unintuitive this shit is.
Vraatjuh

Postby azrid » Sat May 29, 2021 12:40 pm

its pure laziness
azrid

Postby Apocoreo » Sat May 29, 2021 3:59 pm

Ardennesss wrote:http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Criminal_Acts

1. That's not official documentation
2. That page doesn't even say vandalism involves building shit too

eXpLiCtLy DeFiNeD my ass. And yeah, I'd say the mechanics are obscure for literally everyone that hasn't participated in pvp (a surprisingly large population of this game).

I can agree with you on the last point, not here to defend anyone. I just got whiplash from seeing that someone usually so critical of the game was claiming shit was well defined/documented/explained. I mean, criminal acts isn't as bad but can you imagine trying to explain siege mechanics to a new player?
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot