Bone Mother's Market

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Bone Mother's Market

Postby Kaios » Wed May 26, 2021 11:37 pm

shubla wrote:You can only blame devs, they are ones who could easily change mechanics but they refuse to

Yep I have to agree with Shubla on that one. As much as I dislike the way some players choose to spend their time, there's really only two people to blame for putting the game in this state.
Kaios

Postby iamahh » Wed May 26, 2021 11:39 pm

I think the community changed, idk if it was the pandemic, something in the players
iamahh

Postby vatas » Thu May 27, 2021 12:02 am

Internet Historian explains SnuggleSnail's motive.

Kaios wrote:
shubla wrote:You can only blame devs, they are ones who could easily change mechanics but they refuse to

Yep I have to agree with Shubla on that one. As much as I dislike the way some players choose to spend their time, there's really only two people to blame for putting the game in this state.

Unfortunately "don't hate the player, hate the game" does apply.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby ddrboy54 » Thu May 27, 2021 2:05 am

Zampfeo wrote:They can compete with both just fine.

Nah a month in they lost so hard the Devs had to change the rules just to give them a chance.

Zampfeo wrote:comes off a bit cringe.

Simping for a dude cosplaying a queen and calling somebody else cringe, yikes
ddrboy54

Postby wonder-ass » Thu May 27, 2021 2:38 am

VDZ wrote:
Southpaw wrote:Image
ETA on new garden pots? On harvest Lady's mantle x 34.

Do you guys ever wonder why everyone hates you? Haven is not a friendly game, so harming other players to take spoils of war is fine. But if you're going out of your way to destroy community projects even when doing so provides no benefit to yourself, how can anyone argue your presence isn't a net negative to the game?

see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby thesourceofsadness » Thu May 27, 2021 11:17 am

Kaios wrote:

WTF really? "Blame the game! Blame the devs!" Are you f*#@n nuts?

Lunarius made a stupid mistake and put a flaw in his market's defense. Snail and boys found an oppurtunity and used it. Everything is just as intended. What's wrong with the game or devs, huh? Are you some of these "Ooohh game is stupid because i can't win it!" kids?

Lunarius got a lesson, BB played dicks as they like to be, God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
thesourceofsadness

Postby Kaios » Thu May 27, 2021 11:23 am

Actually I think players that go out of their way to cause this many issues for the game for as long as they have should be removed from playing entirely but I was being a bit more reasonable than that, either way it is still up to the devs to take action against those players or to give everyone else the proper tools and capability to do so themselves (which they have so far failed at doing). Your name is fitting btw.

thesourceofsadness wrote:Lunarius made a stupid mistake and put a flaw in his market's defense.

For the record this is in fact worse than if they had simply camped the area trying to get keys off someone for a normal gate (maybe this was the case, I don't know). But jorb and loftar have a habit of making changes to the way certain mechanics work relating to siege, claims, walls, gates, visitor, field cairns, etc. but do not provide the players with a cumulative list of such changes that can be easily found. If someone wanted to figure that out, they would have to go searching for them. So, that puts many players in to the position of doing things they think are fine but then later on end up being taken advantage of by a more knowledgeable player. Devs still get the blame for that and they deserve it.
Kaios

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu May 27, 2021 12:15 pm

What is the game without its raiders and barbarians? Within a certain social context what any raider does, Snail or otherwise, is reprehensible and loathed. Within another it's merely a case of how the game is played by a certain element of it. They are correct in that the destruction of the market was purely my fault due to an oversight in security. I hold no enmity for those who destroyed the market. To do so would be like hating a storm for the damage it does.

The raid and damage done was fairly done. No deception, just a solid knowledge of game mechanics and leveraging them to reach their desired end. GG.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby thesourceofsadness » Thu May 27, 2021 12:20 pm

Kaios wrote:Actually I think players that go out of their way to cause this many issues for the game for as long as they have should be removed from playing entirely...

For what? Just because they play by the rules in the way you don't want them to play? HnH gives every player the opportunity to be as good and as bad as they want to. BB wants to be jerks - and they are allowed to. Otherwise, everyone should go to WoW or some other "lets all play nice together and get shiny loot" shit.

Kaios wrote:So, that puts many players in to the position of doing things they think are fine but then later on end up being taken advantage of by a more knowledgeable player. Devs still get the blame for that and they deserve it.

Really? Mineholes are here like forever, everyone knows how they work in the terms of siege. Digging holes is a siege mechanics since medieval. It was a mistake to allow building minehole without securing the caves below and nothing more. Why should someone blame the devs for thing that works just as intended?

It's impossible to know all the tricks of the game in the first world, but we're talking about people who is here for years. N00bs will make mistakes, they will be beaten, they will learn. It's just a part of the gameplay.
thesourceofsadness

Postby Kaios » Thu May 27, 2021 12:22 pm

This guy is not a "n00b" he's a long time player, and a cuck it would seem.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot