Bone Mother's Market

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Bone Mother's Market

Postby magisticus » Thu May 27, 2021 3:28 pm

Kaios wrote:
magisticus wrote:I thought that cascade damage only happens in walls at the same level of soak, has this been changed ?!?

Freshly extended walls will not cascade in to walls with soak, however, apparently all one needs to do to make that happen is allow the extended walls to gain enough soak (about 8 hours?) so that they are still hand bashable but now have enough soak that they cascade in to fully soaked walls.

Also I think palisade walls remain hand bashable for up to 3 days now which is quite a long time, imagine you have had your walls up for 3 days when some random dude comes along, bashes in, and kills you.

I did not know this, thank you. Seems like a bug tbh
magisticus

Postby vatas » Thu May 27, 2021 4:47 pm

Can't build walls on claims you don't have Vandalism permissions to, so explanation above doesn't seem to fit. Unless they did already silly security mistake of not leaving a single tile in-between claim border and wall, and even then that would require the "can't build without perms" would apply on just checking the are you're building it, not where you're expanding it from.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:10 pm

in that case the new corner was built tile wide from wall-corner (not on claim), and then extended toward claimed wall-corner so nothing was built on claim nor from claimed corner
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby VDZ » Thu May 27, 2021 5:48 pm

vatas wrote:Can't build walls on claims you don't have Vandalism permissions to, so explanation above doesn't seem to fit. Unless they did already silly security mistake of not leaving a single tile in-between claim border and wall, and even then that would require the "can't build without perms" would apply on just checking the are you're building it, not where you're expanding it from.

The check applies to the tile you're building on, not the tile you're expanding from, so it works if you don't have that tile beyond the wall claimed. How is it a "silly security mistake" when it's not at all intuitive that someone can bash your already dried wall by extending it? (I wasn't aware of the 8 hours rule, that just makes it even more misleading because checking it yourself would make you conclude newly built walls cannot cascade towards already dried walls.) This is the kind of thing you just need to have heard from someone at some point or else you won't know, and it's something that can cause you to lose everything you've built and obtained.
VDZ

Postby magisticus » Thu May 27, 2021 7:55 pm

VDZ wrote:
vatas wrote:Can't build walls on claims you don't have Vandalism permissions to, so explanation above doesn't seem to fit. Unless they did already silly security mistake of not leaving a single tile in-between claim border and wall, and even then that would require the "can't build without perms" would apply on just checking the are you're building it, not where you're expanding it from.

The check applies to the tile you're building on, not the tile you're expanding from, so it works if you don't have that tile beyond the wall claimed. How is it a "silly security mistake" when it's not at all intuitive that someone can bash your already dried wall by extending it? (I wasn't aware of the 8 hours rule, that just makes it even more misleading because checking it yourself would make you conclude newly built walls cannot cascade towards already dried walls.) This is the kind of thing you just need to have heard from someone at some point or else you won't know, and it's something that can cause you to lose everything you've built and obtained.

Not only that but it means you can't safely extend an existing wall, which (I thought) was kinda the whole point of the update which brought in different soak for new walls.
magisticus

Postby shadowchris » Thu May 27, 2021 8:17 pm

Actually I think players that go out of their way to cause this many issues for the game for as long as they have should be removed from playing entirely but I was being a bit more reasonable than that, either way it is still up to the devs to take action against those players or to give everyone else the proper tools and capability to do so themselves (which they have so far failed at doing). Your name is fitting btw.

bad people who are given the tools to do bad things are bad people'
More breaking news at 11

It's pretty cringe how some of yall are *check notes* complaining about people using the tools provided in a SANDBOX game btw, to do what was intended in a SANDBOX game btw. The only people who are at fault for this raid are the idiots who had bad village security.

Also its good to see that, after all these years, you haven't abandoned this "moral high ground" persona you developed for yourself kaois
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby Kaios » Thu May 27, 2021 8:29 pm

I am honestly not sure how to respond to that level of stupidity, seems the point went right over your head. It is unfortunate that after all these years you still have not developed a brain.
Kaios

Postby Apocoreo » Thu May 27, 2021 8:33 pm

magisticus wrote:-snip-

Not only that but it means you can't safely extend an existing wall, which (I thought) was kinda the whole point of the update which brought in different soak for new walls.[/quote]

Not to mention this changed twice mid world w12. Sealing and extending cornerposts became impossible without perms, then handbashed cascade became a thing, making unsealed cornerposts insecure again. No notification or dev documentation of this particular "feature". They since said it's on us to secure against this on stream (or so i hear, missed the last dev stream), But the only way to actually learn about it is word of mouth.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby fishbro001 » Thu May 27, 2021 8:34 pm

shubla = bad
kaios = bad
snail = bad

Kerrigan is the ultimate alpha male
fishbro001

Postby shubla » Thu May 27, 2021 9:49 pm

fishbro001 wrote:
Kerrigan is the ultimate alpha male

He cant be wrong, 100 runestones agree with him.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot