Bone Mother's Market

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Bone Mother's Market

Postby magisticus » Sun May 30, 2021 9:08 am

springyb wrote:
Varralien wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Competency with regard to PVP/raiding/siege has very little to do with how much time you spend playing. If Kasio were to quit his job today and start playing 100 hours/week he'd still get dunked by some aggressive hermit who plays 4 hours/week, because all Kasio would've done in that time is learn to farm carrots a bit better and make his numbers higher. Whatever nematodes do.

The issue is 100% the mentality of the meek always making excuses for why they could never possibly do anything to anybody ever, resulting in them never being able to do anything to anybody ever. How will you ever get good at defending against raids if you never raid somebody? It's, like, pussy behavior to the extreme, and it's exemplified so perfectly by the vast majority of the community. I hate it.

Imagine thinking that someone playing 4hr/ week on their own could fight somebody with 10x their strength and a Q300 B12 lmao. completely delusional

Good luck with that ram drying time with your limited 4 hours btw. It sure is easy just to spend a small amount of time on siege in this game :D

You're missing the point entirely. A person who knows what they are doing can play 4 hours a week and still beat someone who doesn't. Buying rage and crafting a boar spear will let you kill 80% of the hearthlings you find, because they simply do not know how to defend themselves. You ever notice how all the threads of "How do I kill boars?" are always answered with how to exploit them instead of actually teaching people how to raise stats, craft quality equipment, and how the combat system works?

You will never have a q300 B12 if you don't know how to get one, play time has little to do with it.

It's honestly something I don't understand, why a game with open PvP and permadeath attracts people who are unwanting to participate in that aspect of the game.

1. Playtime has little to do with getting a q300 b12 if half the work of getting it is done for you by your village and or bots. TBH though quality is somewhat dependant on how long the world is running so yah, later when the person you're fighting has a q1000 B12 the average person might have a q300

2. The idea that somehow level of genius has much to do with combat in this game is a bit ridicululous, it's a pretty simple card system, the average 5 yr old would be able to get their head around it in a few minutes, and given a reasonable parity in 'ability'; stats and equipment q wins 1v1. That said most of these pvp geniuses go around ganking noobs in groups just to make sure.

3. There is more to the game than pvp and it is perfectly possible to avoid it completely should you wish too.
magisticus

Postby Kaios » Sun May 30, 2021 10:49 am

springyb wrote:It's honestly something I don't understand, why a game with open PvP and permadeath attracts people who are unwanting to participate in that aspect of the game.

Oh you’re a mind reader? That’s cool, do you tell fortunes too? That is the response that irks me the most because many players have said over and over and over again that they want to participate in that content. Have you ever killed any players at all? Have you ever been part of a fight that included more than yourself and the two people chasing you? Did you ever participate in a large faction v faction battle? If you haven’t done any of that, why are you playing this game?
Kaios

Postby Virs » Sun May 30, 2021 11:42 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Competency with regard to PVP/raiding/siege has very little to do with how much time you spend playing. If Kasio were to quit his job today and start playing 100 hours/week he'd still get dunked by some aggressive hermit who plays 4 hours/week, because all Kasio would've done in that time is learn to farm carrots a bit better and make his numbers higher. Whatever nematodes do.

The issue is 100% the mentality of the meek always making excuses for why they could never possibly do anything to anybody ever, resulting in them never being able to do anything to anybody ever. How will you ever get good at defending against raids if you never raid somebody? It's, like, pussy behavior to the extreme, and it's exemplified so perfectly by the vast majority of the community. I hate it.

Oh yes, while I totally agree I think you're too fetus of a player to tell us what's better, boy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Virs

Postby wonder-ass » Sun May 30, 2021 12:25 pm

azrid wrote:Lets not pretend snail is a good guy although it might be hard for his own posse to step out of the echochamber.

pretend? were all assholes :roll:
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby springyb » Sun May 30, 2021 1:29 pm

Kaios wrote:Oh you’re a mind reader? That’s cool, do you tell fortunes too? That is the response that irks me the most because many players have said over and over and over again that they want to participate in that content. Have you ever killed any players at all? Have you ever been part of a fight that included more than yourself and the two people chasing you? Did you ever participate in a large faction v faction battle? If you haven’t done any of that, why are you playing this game?

Such indignation at something that wasn't even directed at you.

Yes I've done all that, minus faction garbage because politics are awful. I've also built a mountain and roleplay as a paperbag monster while making my trees and pavement look pretty. If siege is ever fun I'm going to put a flag on top of my mountain and give the first player to steal it a bunch of cool stuff. I play this game because it's the only game that lets me do all of those dumb things while also resonating with my nihilistic nature.

If I didn't like having the freedom to do those things, I certainly wouldn't ruin my mental health over it by trying to pick fights on a forum with those who do. Especially when I wasn't involved.

And yes I've read your fortune, you should ask your doctor about hypertension.
springyb

Postby Kaios » Sun May 30, 2021 1:47 pm

springyb wrote:Yes I've done all that, minus faction garbage because politics are awful. I've also built a mountain and roleplay as a paperbag monster while making my trees and pavement look pretty. If siege is ever fun I'm going to put a flag on top of my mountain and give the first player to steal it a bunch of cool stuff. I play this game because it's the only game that lets me do all of those dumb things while also resonating with my nihilistic nature.

Dude come on, now you're just using the exact point I was making to argue against me.

Do you disagree with this,

magisticus wrote:There is more to the game than pvp and it is perfectly possible to avoid it completely should you wish too.

Because I don't. You're the one saying, "if you don't like pvp and permadeath why do you play a game with pvp and permadeath."
Kaios

Postby VDZ » Sun May 30, 2021 3:02 pm

springyb wrote:You're missing the point entirely. A person who knows what they are doing can play 4 hours a week and still beat someone who doesn't. Buying rage and crafting a boar spear will let you kill 80% of the hearthlings you find, because they simply do not know how to defend themselves.

What is the point of being able to kill 80% of hearthlings I find (something I'm sure I could already do if I tried)? Those aren't the ones ganking me 3v1. It doesn't matter how hard I can own harmless players, the problem is that the stat difference (and typically number difference) makes me powerless against the "PvPers" (in as far as you can even call 3v1 ganking much weaker players "PvP").

springyb wrote:You will never have a q300 B12 if you don't know how to get one, play time has little to do with it.

How do you propose someone playing 4 hours a week gets to a cave level where q300+ iron ore even exists (due to softcaps probably ~q500 is required actually) and get high enough quality bones and enough pit/cave clay for the appropriate industry structures? People playing 4 hours a week can't even make low-quality steel, let alone reach q300+ steel.

The only way you can get that kind of stuff is by aligning yourself with a faction. (I'm pretty sure this kind of stuff isn't even being traded publicly yet, disregarding the fact that such items would be so pricey nobody could afford them without spending subtokens.)
VDZ

Postby Varralien » Sun May 30, 2021 3:54 pm

springyb wrote:
Varralien wrote:

Imagine thinking that someone playing 4hr/ week on their own could fight somebody with 10x their strength and a Q300 B12 lmao. completely delusional

Good luck with that ram drying time with your limited 4 hours btw. It sure is easy just to spend a small amount of time on siege in this game :D

You're missing the point entirely. A person who knows what they are doing can play 4 hours a week and still beat someone who doesn't. Buying rage and crafting a boar spear will let you kill 80% of the hearthlings you find, because they simply do not know how to defend themselves. You ever notice how all the threads of "How do I kill boars?" are always answered with how to exploit them instead of actually teaching people how to raise stats, craft quality equipment, and how the combat system works?

You will never have a q300 B12 if you don't know how to get one, play time has little to do with it.

It's honestly something I don't understand, why a game with open PvP and permadeath attracts people who are unwanting to participate in that aspect of the game.

Playtime has pretty much everything to do with combat in this game. You mention being able to kill 80% of hearthlings with a boar spear but ignore PVP players i was talking about where you would have to grind hundreds of hours to fight no question.

And if you can get to Q300 B12 just through your own knowledge and not through putting time into the incremental grind / hours of mining and smelting then please share with everyone. I'll go and get my own this afternoon once I know how to right?
Varralien

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun May 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Thinking you need a Q300 B12 to do anything seems like a big part of nematode culture. I'm unironically interested to learn more about how ur society functions
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby wolf1000wolf » Sun May 30, 2021 4:23 pm

Fundamentally, there's two groups of players here on HnH.

Those who play HnH despite its open-world PvP mechanics.

Those who play HnH because of its open-world PvP mechanics.
wolf1000wolf

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot