Gabriola Island is Burning: Hasn't Reached the Ground Yet

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Gabriola Island is Burning: Hasn't Reached the Ground Ye

Postby Virs » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:30 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:It's rly cool to see how the plebs think & what they value. It's so foreign to my Haven Culture(tm) that when they interact it feels surreal and absurd

Such feeling fades away once you start earning more than $5 an hour at illegal construction site.
Virs

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:52 am

See, this is what I'm talking about. Of all of the people in this thread, if I were to suggest one's time wasn't very valuable, I'd say it's the one who's apparently happy to trade hours/days of his and his wife's time for a stone rock and branch that 5 different villages could shit 100 out in under an hour.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Stealthkibbler » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:35 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:See, this is what I'm talking about. Of all of the people in this thread, if I were to suggest one's time wasn't very valuable, I'd say it's the one who's apparently happy to trade hours/days of his and his wife's time for a stone rock and branch that 5 different villages could shit 100 out in under an hour.

I would trade hours and days of my life to cook snails, but maybe not necessarily consume them.
Stealthkibbler

Postby WowGain » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:41 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:See, this is what I'm talking about. Of all of the people in this thread, if I were to suggest one's time wasn't very valuable, I'd say it's the one who's apparently happy to trade hours/days of his and his wife's time for a stone rock and branch that 5 different villages could shit 100 out in under an hour.

what is this, is this the taste of..

cope?

seethe?
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:47 am

Y-you know I'm not even from dante's group right... I just understand the value of rocks and sticks
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:30 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Y-you know I'm not even from dante's group right... I just understand the value of rocks and sticks

WTB all your Rocks and Sticks for 1 gold nuggie
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:50 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Y-you know I'm not even from dante's group right... I just understand the value of rocks and sticks

Well, Dante was selling 390ish axes for 700 coins and he is buying sub tokens for 100 coins each on his market.
So I would say he values it as at least $60 USD for just the axe
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:08 pm

are u actually retarded?

If u could manufacture an iphone for 4 dollars and sell it for 800 dollars would you sell it for 8 dollars or 800 dollars? It has value on the market because of a partial monopoly caused by few people having the ability to make them, but the people with the ability to make them can shit them out for nothing

a single tree can give over 1000 branches... a single rock node can give hundreds of rocks... the rock nodes aren't even something you intentionally search for, they're just a byproduct of looking for ore/feldspar. People usually don't even use mine song for them, when they have functionally infinite XP from realms.

I can almost guarantee you if that if somebody lost their axe from that village they could just go to some chest by the vidol, pick up another one, and nobody would ever notice
SnuggleSnail

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:25 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:are u actually retarded?

If u could manufacture an iphone for 4 dollars and sell it for 800 dollars would you sell it for 8 dollars or 800 dollars? It has value on the market because of a partial monopoly caused by few people having the ability to make them, but the people with the ability to make them can shit them out for nothing

a single tree can give over 1000 branches... a single rock node can give hundreds of rocks... the rock nodes aren't even something you intentionally search for, they're just a byproduct of looking for ore/feldspar. People usually don't even use mine song for them, when they have functionally infinite XP from realms.

I can almost guarantee you if that if somebody lost their axe from that village they could just go to some chest by the vidol, pick up another one, and nobody would ever notice

Cool? You said it yourself. A minority of people have access to them and the value outside of that circle goes up. I'm happy with it because I definitely couldn't be fucked with making one myself

Why try to act like it doesn't matter? Kinda cringe
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:44 pm

o sorry guess I misunderstood the entire thread
I thought you were bragging about doing something to somebody, but I guess u were just bragging about picking up some scraps while getting cucked & killed. Carry on
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot