Game feedback: enjoyable up until you get ganked

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Game feedback: enjoyable up until you get ganked

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:50 pm

The game's description is 100% misleading by not putting "this is a pvp permadeath game" as the first words.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:58 am

Nightdawg wrote:The game's description is 100% misleading by not putting "this is a pvp permadeath game" as the first words.

I don't think devs made "this is a pvp permadeath game" because they wanted to make one (like Mortal Online devs for example), but because they felt that the following design paradigm necessitated it:

Our fundamental goal with Haven & Hearth is to create a game in which player choices have permanent and/or lasting effects and, thus, providing said players with a meaningful and fun gaming experience.

Of course, they could add something long the lines of "this means players can freely attack each other and cause permanent deaths."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby meus » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 am

I still can't figure out how new players even get involved in PVP, and begin to think the game has actual PVP going on everywhere.
With ~100-200 average players online in such a HUGE world, one must be extremely lucky to even find someone else living in a few grids' vicinity. Having a PKer in the immediate area is even more improbable.

And there aren't any "got killed by a boar" threads, while this seems to happen way more often.
meus

Postby telum12 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:53 pm

meus wrote:I still can't figure out how new players even get involved in PVP, and begin to think the game has actual PVP going on everywhere.
With ~100-200 average players online in such a HUGE world, one must be extremely lucky to even find someone else living in a few grids' vicinity. Having a PKer in the immediate area is even more improbable.

And there aren't any "got killed by a boar" threads, while this seems to happen way more often.

People are dumb and don't want to bother learning about the mechanics and behaviours they can use to protect themselves, and instead whine when they inevitably come across someone who enjoys their outbursts on death.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:56 pm

vatas wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:The game's description is 100% misleading by not putting "this is a pvp permadeath game" as the first words.

I don't think devs made "this is a pvp permadeath game" because they wanted to make one (like Mortal Online devs for example), but because they felt that the following design paradigm necessitated it:
Our fundamental goal with Haven & Hearth is to create a game in which player choices have permanent and/or lasting effects and, thus, providing said players with a meaningful and fun gaming experience.

Of course, they could add something long the lines of "this means players can freely attack each other and cause permanent deaths."

Which is still misleading as it is not written anywhere :lol:
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby cherryquartz » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:09 pm

The guy was warned, likely more than once, there's no excuse really.
cherryquartz

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:00 am

Dude's an idiot, but maybe we could have a tutorial that explains claims and walls, instead of fucking stockpiles?

It's poor game design to have basic gameplay be learned through word of mouth or a third party wiki. I know there's an attitude of "har har I am smart enough to look up how to play" but game design aside isn't that rather not fun?

I remember my first village. We did our homework, built a retardedly shaped pali around our haphazardly placed cabins. Of course, we ended up with a zigzagged side, because we settled by a swamp lol. The point is new players playing shit can be a bother for more experienced players too.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby WESKERBOY » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:38 pm

The fack I Just read?

I been arround from like w5 (there use to exist pally bashers) back in those days u needed a bwall and believe me that today 2-3 palisades are a pain in the ass for raiders. As an advice always read some guides from games and talking about H&H there is one horrible truth... U gonna die a lot! By raiders, by bears, by swiming, by playing with the unfriendly snake or even by investigating a cave. In the friendly playstyle as every one said Just make a damn palisade and more than that...

NEVER NEVER COME TO CRY TO FORUMS.

H&H has an amazing comunity (most of us understand that the acid reactions are pretty normal and we are ok with it)

No here is not full with COOL people (there are some and believe me u are going to never find them by winning in the forum)

The last truth is a game with perna death, we play cause we like and all of us have died tons of times, is part of the learning spiral, best luck for next play and enjoy the acid comunity and the hard core game (is not that hard core anymore)
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby BigCountry » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:47 pm

Playing this game serious you need a lot of characters - in other words, a lot of OPTIONS in case something really bad happens. Which it will at some point. lol
BigCountry

Postby shivesh » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:03 pm

I do agree, have lots of backups and some of them in the wait to inherit I still quite enjoy the game even after getting "ganked", Snail was quite charming in the process :D
shivesh

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot