Wipe date?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Wipe date?

Postby Teleskop » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:40 pm

fallout wrote:Jorb suggested the intended world age was 2 years, and it'll likely take a year to create anything meaningful to introduce with a new world. So don't be surprised we'll be testing on the same world a year from now

THE IDEAL CHOICE THEN WOULD BE TO CREATE A NEW WORLD WHILE WE WAIT FOR A NEW WORLD
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:57 pm

Pommfritz wrote:tbh I feel like player numbers have been going up a bit in the recent days.

they were hovering around 100-140 for a few months. now 160+ usually. maybe because of holidays idk.

Phaen wrote:Log in and live every day like its your last

this xd

It's player number + bot number as well, probably 50% or more are just labor/whale/other alts...
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Pommfritz » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:12 pm

noindyfikator wrote:It's player number + bot number as well, probably 50% or more are just labor/whale/other alts...

I doubt bots and alts make up more than 10-15% of the currently online population. Do you actually think people grind hard at this point?

I'd actually be curious about some actual numbers of players logged in from the same ip.

50% is just way out of proportion.
Pommfritz

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:39 pm

Pommfritz wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:It's player number + bot number as well, probably 50% or more are just labor/whale/other alts...

I doubt bots and alts make up more than 10-15% of the currently online population. Do you actually think people grind hard at this point?

I'd actually be curious about some actual numbers of players logged in from the same ip.

50% is just way out of proportion.

You really don't know how many people bot/use alts these days. And it's not about grinding but being convinient. At this point of world no one care about stats, no one grind, it's just convinient to do smth with 1 character in base, meanwhile hunting with other, meanwhile landscaping with another one
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:55 pm

There are people that run a large number (greater than 5) of accounts at once. I've seen a few attempts at making a client without any actual interface. All you need are the data and to bounce the appropriate codes back to the server. In theory, with a current 8-12 core CPU, one could run a few thousand accounts off one PC if they had the bandwidth for it. I know of at least one MMO dev that has internal clients that have no UI, just scripted command line interfaces for performance testing of changes to various parts of the server architecture or code. Last I read, they were running a thousand clients off one PC, and that was several years ago when quad core CPUs and 4GB were the standard.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:28 pm

Phaen wrote:Log in and live every day like its your last

Let my animals die, food and curio run out?

This kinda made me think. I usually spend the last days of the world exploring and cracking open bases, right now I'd have to wait 24 hours with a ram to do that. plus I don't really feel like I have the time to scavenge with the maintenance.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Phaen » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:23 pm

Yeah man whatever floats your boat
Phaen

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:43 pm

unique users during ... wrote:Number of unique users during the past...
...day: 0
...week: 0
...month: 1855

Erm ... zero :?
mvgulik

Previous

Return to The Moot