A public challenge

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: A public challenge

Postby Okocim » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:40 pm

MadNomad wrote:
Okocim wrote:
MadNomad wrote:as if I gave phone numbers to strangers in game? lol

Mine is able to run discord, but well, it's also your choice. Don't blame others for it.

so you're letting everyone on discord know the location of your village so they can warn you?

are you also constantly watching it? might as well constantly be chained to computer!

Obviously I'm letting know the location of my village to everyone who I want to know it and my neighbors obviously know my location anyway.

When running discord on your phone you get a notification when you get a pm, you don't need to watch it...

Answering Your questions is tiring, all of my answers would be obvious for 99% of ppl, so I'll end it here.
Okocim

Postby MadNomad » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:43 pm

Okocim wrote:my neighbors

are they constantly present in haven and hearth game as well? do you know their intentions or what they care about?

there is also one more thing to think of - you would need your phone to be constantly bound to your ass
MadNomad

Postby Clemins » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:48 pm

MadNomad wrote:
Okocim wrote:my neighbors

are they constantly present in haven and hearth game as well? do you know their intentions or what they care about?

there is also one more thing to think of - you would need your phone to be constantly bound to your ass

Skill issue.
Clemins

Postby DonVelD » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:29 pm

MadNomad wrote:are they constantly present in haven and hearth game as well? do you know their intentions or what they care about?

madretard nematode level of logic be like:

"Lets just say you've been playing Haven and Hearth. Lets just say, hypothetically, you are about to get raided even. Ok, and if you are about to be raided, you would need to let your every neighbor and enemy know where you live, right?

Then hypothetically speaking, you would need to share your phone number to them. Now, lets just say you're working 20 hours a day.

Now that we have established that you shared both your location and phone number, I believe you'd agree with me when I say that your neighbors would need to be chained to the computer to warn you. Am I not correct?

As you shared your base location you deserve getting raided, and as you shared your phone number you'd need to have your phone bound to your ass, also I am retarded, so you have to excuse me and agree with everything I said out of pity."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby HorridStonefish » Sun May 01, 2022 6:44 am

Wow, i haven't looked at this game in most of a year and was bored and trolling around for something to look at.

Thank you MadNomad for existing (so fun to read, made me feel good about myself) but seriously people are trying to have a conversation.

I was with CoS when we were tusselling with the Korens (they were generally being douches locally, trashing spruce caps and hermits and stuff who we were making friends with), it was perhaps the most fun i have had playing the game, both sides were reasonably matched and we had some cool running battles. Unfortunately they were more interested in being seen as scary and didn't like the fact we wouldn't roll over for them so they called in their faction friends who came in all big dick and 'we will bring 50 stated up dudes and wipe you out', jacked the Korens with food and equipment, then accused us of being faction related (cant even remember which factions were involved :lol:) to make themselves feel like it was alright for them to do so. We had no option but to ask peeps for help after that and it quickly lost its charm, we all got bored and moved on to other things, think they did too cause our walls didn't fall until our claim did. Funniest part of all was our village had peeps from multiple factions from previous worlds that weren't interested in faction crap, including the mob that showed up to bully us.

Long story short it was fun for us until the factions got involved.

Seige wise: we were sieged multiple times, we had players from all over the world so someone was almost always online. Mostly it was delay, shame and annoy the attackers until we had enough guys around to launch a sally and trash the ram. Realistically they would have had to beat us in a fight to get in which seems legit to me, not too many villages have fallen to siege where you didn't have to beat the occupants in a fight or burn away months of your time.

PS sorry for the necro, but this was the second conversation down
HorridStonefish

Postby telum12 » Sun May 01, 2022 4:04 pm

It's so absurd how little the critics of these systems know about the systems. They spend all this time raging against something, though never quite sure what that something is.

Mostly, people fail because of simple, preventable things that are the result of a lack of knowledge more than anything else, e.g.:
- You can wball directly into their main areas
- Their claim doesn't extend anywhere so they never get the siege alarm
- EXTENTIONS (LMAO still literally 99% of "sieges" against spruces)
- ALARM FUCKING SUCKS BALLS it's the same alarm as someone logging in or some dumb shit like that and ppl don't necessarily notice

etc etc

The problem is that instead of arguing for solutions for specific issues, people like MadNomad flail around unsure of what the issue even is. That's how you get these absurd posts.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby pawnchito » Sun May 01, 2022 4:43 pm

telum12 wrote:It's so absurd how little the critics of these systems know about the systems. They spend all this time raging against something, though never quite sure what that something is.
That's how you get these absurd posts.

Thats what I was trying to resolve in here, get these loud bois to come out and test stuff so we can speak intelligently about it. But then I got bored of waiting after 20 + days and even before then no one was interested so I moved on.

Seems like all the trash talk on siege has quelled a bit at least.

Even random posts from Horridstonefish kind of show that siege isnt in a super bad spot atm. It takes a helluva lot of effort to siege an active camp if they actually respond and delay annoy and push back attackers.
pawnchito

Postby CorwinOfAmber » Sun May 01, 2022 6:43 pm

MadNomad wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:you asked "why didn't you post coords" not "what are your coords"

I think both questions are good to be asked, thanks for pointing out ;)

it would be nice to know both why the coords were not posted and what the actual coords are indeed

i am starting to think youre just stupid and not a troll...
Loftar wrote:
Right, I realized that the other day but apparently forgot it as quickly again. Thanks!

Uephorias wrote:
And the game isn't dead, just on life support indefinitely
CorwinOfAmber

Postby MadNomad » Tue May 03, 2022 3:46 pm

I thought we all have said all that needed to be said on this siege topic and finished this topic already, not angry at all of you for shittalking me without good reason and I think you could give up on necroing old threads if necroing old threads is that bad anyway

I just wanted to say why it feels like palisades do not give much more safety than plain fence, but you're free to have your own opinion on this, I don't mind

but if you want to necro old threads and shittalk me and if it makes you feel better, so be it

I'm going to go on a break for some undefined time until I don't know when and most probably this time I will do it, cheers
MadNomad

Postby Apocoreo » Thu May 05, 2022 6:44 pm

We did it reddit!
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Previous

Return to The Moot