Farming - let's be honest

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Farming - let's be honest

Postby bumfrog » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:01 pm

dageir wrote:The pie chart above seems to suggest most are not chads like you guys.

any
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Odynak » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:58 pm

Original post seems to be too alphish. Try to eat more carrots and reduce meat consumption.
Odynak

Postby Clemins » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:44 am

Odynak wrote:Original post seems to be too alphish. Try to eat more carrots and reduce meat consumption.

That's just what big carrot WANTS you to think
Clemins

Postby Odynak » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:26 am

Clemins wrote:
Odynak wrote:Original post seems to be too alphish. Try to eat more carrots and reduce meat consumption.

That's just what big carrot WANTS you to think

There are no big carrots. Only big beetroot. I had one in W12, used to sit on it and it did not change any of my thoughts.
Odynak

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:20 pm

all my homies HATE veggies
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby heeheega » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:27 am

should we remove all trivial, boring work from the game?Just leave the good parts?What are those parts?Not everyone have to be farmer (even though this is probably most crucial credo in the game).Removing it wont make game any better nor save it from slow depopulation
heeheega

Postby Clemins » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:02 am

heeheega wrote:should we remove all trivial, boring work from the game?Just leave the good parts?What are those parts?Not everyone have to be farmer (even though this is probably most crucial credo in the game).Removing it wont make game any better nor save it from slow depopulation

Clemins

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:12 am

heeheega wrote:should we remove all trivial, boring work from the game?Just leave the good parts?What are those parts?Not everyone have to be farmer (even though this is probably most crucial credo in the game).Removing it wont make game any better nor save it from slow depopulation

Basically we would be left with the combat and pvp..... they made a test server for that and everyone hated it and it went inactive xD
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby MightySheep » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:00 am

I dont know anybody who actually likes farming. Things like farming are precisely what make people say shit like "haven and hearth? no thanks I already have a job".
MightySheep

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:50 am

MightySheep wrote:I dont know anybody who actually likes farming. Things like farming are precisely what make people say shit like "haven and hearth? no thanks I already have a job".

But again without the grind haven is nothing. Literally all this game is, is a long grind. People say that the fun parts are pvp, but Jorbtar made a pvp server for nothing like that and nobody liked it. People say that the early game is the most fun because you are building up your base, but what you are building up to is the grind. Without their is no buildup. The grind is this game, its all it is. You can remove Farming because its grindy af and basically is its own job, but then what are you left with? Hunting? Metal Working? Metal Working is about spiraling metal to higher qualities and is its own grind, Hunting is likewise its own grind. People keep wanting to take out the grind and get to the substance of the game, but the substance of this game is grind.

I don't disagree that farming is a problem, because it is a level grindy that destroys souls and hollows spirits but we can't just remove things that are grindy in this game because soon we would have no game at all. Instead we should try to make farming less cancer. I've always thought that one thing that would be cool for Farming is allow Horse Drawn Plows and Horse Drawn Harvesters. That way we no longer have to sit their and Scythe our way through these massive fields.

Also why the fuck is this post in moot?
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot