World 13 realms

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

World 13 realms

Postby loftar » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:42 pm

Since there were some requests for it, I put together the traditional animation of realm expansion during World 13. Because of the challenge windows, though, the raw data is a lot more static than in previous worlds, so I removed duplicate frames and lowered the framerate of the video significantly. This is what it looks like:

The usual caveats apply with the lack of legends and so on, but I did add persistent coloring a short while into the world this time.

Based Arcanum for having, by far, the best realm name, by the way. Confirmed for official realm winner of W13.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Re: World 13 realms

Postby Mysia » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:28 pm

wow super cool :)
Mysia

Postby shubla » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:52 pm

loftar wrote:data is a lot more static than in previous worlds, so I removed duplicate frames and lowered the framerate of the video significantly.

Damn devs hiding their bad game design by manipulating the facts!

What are your comments on realm warfare being clearly lacking?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby loftar » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:33 pm

shubla wrote:Damn devs hiding their bad game design by manipulating the facts!

I'm not sure challenge windows are bad just because they produce less exciting realm expansion videos at the end of the world. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Davideas » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:54 pm

Imagine living in that one unconquered bit in south eastern corner. Endless pain of having no buffs at all xd
Davideas

Postby kirion » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:09 pm

Great stuff, thanks! Looks like green was the big winner here
kirion

Postby Sephiron » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:40 pm

loftar wrote:Since there were some requests for it, I put together the traditional animation of realm expansion during World 13. Because of the challenge windows, though, the raw data is a lot more static than in previous worlds, so I removed duplicate frames and lowered the framerate of the video significantly. This is what it looks like:

The usual caveats apply with the lack of legends and so on, but I did add persistent coloring a short while into the world this time.

Based Arcanum for having, by far, the best realm name, by the way. Confirmed for official realm winner of W13.

I mean yea this is dope but arcanum was not 'realm winner' by a long shot. Monke was the goat
Sephiron

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:45 pm

loftar wrote:I'm not sure challenge windows are bad just because they produce less exciting realm expansion videos at the end of the world. :)

They are very bad irrespective of that, though. I remember when we inherited a realm and we calculated it would take 4 months of perfect expansion to get it to us so we just didn't do shit
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Kuriak » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:17 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
loftar wrote:I'm not sure challenge windows are bad just because they produce less exciting realm expansion videos at the end of the world. :)

They are very bad irrespective of that, though. I remember when we inherited a realm and we calculated it would take 4 months of perfect expansion to get it to us so we just didn't do shit

Skill issue
Kuriak

Return to The Moot