Seeking justice from a brave soul

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Seeking justice from a brave soul

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:29 pm

The Haven and Hearth community is similar to the Dark Souls community in that is has all sorts of social rules and sweaty nerds expect you to just know them on top of the unintuitive game mechanics. Where does it say to not expect help other than right here on the forums?

Trust us, the stone axe is the shit.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby dorag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:12 pm

AndyLendragon wrote:Nice! Here is a link to the image, its not much but I was kinda panicking.

https://imgur.com/0NCtyFm

Honestly based on his gear he seems to be where most people were at day 2 with nothing of value but no one can help you if you dont post coords on the world map tip for next time
dorag

Postby Virs » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:40 pm

Nexit wrote:it's always cringe when sprucecaps come to the forums looking for some white knight to hold their balls and seek justice for them. you weren't even killed. you and your group have been living on a claim without even fences for days and u should be glad that nothing worse happened. take it as a lesson.

And who are you to judge? XD
Virs

Postby tigerlrg245 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:05 pm

Apocoreo wrote:The Haven and Hearth community is similar to the Dark Souls community in that is has all sorts of social rules and sweaty nerds expect you to just know them on top of the unintuitive game mechanics. Where does it say to not expect help other than right here on the forums?

Comparing the haven and hearth "community" to the dark souls one is quite insulting.

I think a good summary of the whole thing can be seen in this short exchange
Its a beautiful life motto isn't it? murder your neighbors. I still think about this every time I interact with people in the real world.

Also it doesn't help when you often see misogyny and ableism run rampant anywhere you look.
tigerlrg245

Postby dorag » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:11 pm

tigerlrg245 wrote:
Apocoreo wrote:The Haven and Hearth community is similar to the Dark Souls community in that is has all sorts of social rules and sweaty nerds expect you to just know them on top of the unintuitive game mechanics. Where does it say to not expect help other than right here on the forums?

Comparing the haven and hearth "community" to the dark souls one is quite insulting.

Its a beautiful life motto isn't it? murder your neighbors. I still think about this every time I interact with people in the real world.

Also it doesn't help when you often see misogyny and ableism run rampant anywhere you look.

Wait thiers local pools now why would they add that lol
dorag

Postby AndyLendragon » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:15 pm

tigerlrg245 wrote:

This is kinda surprising to me. I don't think I have seen a community that has so many people actively trying to get rid of new players, and I really dont understand why.. :D
AndyLendragon

Postby Massa » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:55 pm

Nexit wrote:it's always cringe when sprucecaps come to the forums looking for some white knight to hold their balls and seek justice for them. you weren't even killed. you and your group have been living on a claim without even fences for days and u should be glad that nothing worse happened. take it as a lesson.

Wicked vagabonds such as yourself will be dealt with harshly by the valiant rangers of the Hearthlands.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Nexit » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:12 pm

Massa wrote:Wicked vagabonds such as yourself will be dealt with harshly by the valiant rangers of the Hearthlands.

all i did was a little trolling

AndyLendragon wrote:This is kinda surprising to me. I don't think I have seen a community that has so many people actively trying to get rid of new players, and I really dont understand why.. :D

welcome to haven
Nexit

Postby AndyLendragon » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:25 am

dorag wrote:
AndyLendragon wrote:Nice! Here is a link to the image, its not much but I was kinda panicking.

Honestly based on his gear he seems to be where most people were at day 2 with nothing of value but no one can help you if you dont post coords on the world map tip for next time

How can I figure out the coordinates though? :D The only post I found out about it is from 2013.. there is an outdated cartography skill.. Is it some kind of mod or extension? Or do I need an item? A specific setting?
AndyLendragon

Postby Sephiron » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:56 pm

AndyLendragon wrote:
dorag wrote:

How can I figure out the coordinates though? :D The only post I found out about it is from 2013.. there is an outdated cartography skill.. Is it some kind of mod or extension? Or do I need an item? A specific setting?

You have to look for it on the world map : https://vatsul.com/HnHMap/map?markers=7 ... .24&zoom=3

But man, I'm telling you, never give coords to strangers. If you stream or record the game, never show your minimap. People will know you're active on the forums, and they will go out of their way to visit, and they will kill you just to get a reaction. Believe me please when I tell you that this guy really did let you go with a warning. Since you're still in the beginning of the game, you should most definitely move as far away as possible from where you're currently at, or at least build a palisade so that nobody can get into your base without sieging it or tricking you. People in this game are heavily polarized. If you meet someone they are either super helpful and super nice, or they're cold blooded murderers. If you're learning the game it's probably better to find a village you can join and spawn a new character there. There are plenty of them right now.

Also, nobody is going to come and help you like that. There's tracking in the game but people usually wouldn't bother risking their character to get revenge against a potentially 300+str griefer
Sephiron

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot