how does this community feel about irl money for protection?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

how does this community feel about irl money for protection?

Postby bondowondo » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:16 pm

on a fresh account and fresh character, just trying to solo off in the middle of nowhere. found a nice area with no settlements within a pretty good distance, just foccusing on increasing my survival stat and building up a small plot. woke up today to all my cupboards taken and my front gate smashed down, which means the dick is gonna be back to steal more of my shit and kill me if im online at the time because for some reason thats what 3/4 of the people playing this game play it for.

so my question is 2 part:
1: whats the general opinion on hiring protection? like i aint got shit in game that you want, but i damn sure got a paypal and a job.
2: what sort of fees would you people be looking to collect for this service, if such players exist (i find it hard to believe they dont)?

also sorry if this is against the rules, didnt see any rule saying you cant offer IRL money to people to go kill douchebags, and figured since you give absolutely no protection to new players and just let high level toons roll over who and whatever they want, that it would be fine.
bondowondo

Re: how does this community feel about irl money for protect

Postby noindyfikator » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:42 pm

Out of all jokes, you should wait 2 months more when world will be dead, then start playing and learn the game.

Beginning of a new world is definitely not good for new players. You will be getting fucked by game/other people every 10 min.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Valgar » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:44 pm

Or this post is a troll, or dude, you are screwing the whole process.

- If the raider see your post, he will possibly stop raiding your when you'll pay him.
- The next raider will take his place and raid you not for your goods in the game but for your IRL cash.
Valgar

Postby bondowondo » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:45 pm

not a joke, i have a job and money to throw at ruining other peoples fun since they seem so hell bent on ruining mine. also not a new player, i just cant remember my old accounts. from what you say, i gather this world was started recently?
bondowondo

Postby Valgar » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:41 pm

This world 14, has soon 1 month.
It's pretty early, but not enough to establish yourself with some dumbass around.
They could break your stuff when you just put your claim/pali, not when this claim or palissade will be dry, that's why they will do it when it's fresh.

You got 3 solutions :
- Find an established village wich you can join.
- Try to find an hidden spot to put a claim + palissade
- Wait some month, people will leave and others will just mainly ignore your presence (this solution is by far the easiest for newcomers)

Of course, the real cash money isn't a solution and will deserve you and other hermits more than help.
Valgar

Postby bondowondo » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:45 pm

Valgar wrote:
Of course, the real cash money isn't a solution and will deserve you and other hermits more than help.

i cant imagine theres nobody willing to rent me their combat alts for a week or so till i can get a pali set up. though i have no idea what "deserve you and other hermits more than help" is supposed to mean.
bondowondo

Postby Valgar » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:48 pm

Your claim needs 8 real life hours to be the 1st line of defense.
Your palissade will dry every passing hour (after 3 days has passed it's completly dry)

In 2/3 days you are safe for most raiders.
Valgar

Postby bondowondo » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:56 pm

Valgar wrote:Your claim needs 8 real life hours to be the 1st line of defense.
Your palissade will dry every passing hour (after 3 days has passed it's completly dry)

In 2/3 days you are safe for most raiders.

ahh yes, because its not like they have 2 full days to steal my leather while its being made and prevent me from even being able to do that much. why are you trying to convince me to not buy protection? i wouldnt HAVE to buy protection if fresh accounts got some level of protection like in virtually every game that actually wants to retain players. my claim is fully dry, and provides fuckall defense against anyone. it didnt effect my presence when they smashed down my shitty stick fence.
bondowondo

Postby Valgar » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:00 pm

Create another character, disconnect him with 10 leathers.
Find some friendly dudes around to borrow them 10 leathers for the palissade.
You can "try" to buy protection, but who knows if this will really be effective and not a scam.
Some other hermits will not have to money to pay for protection.
Final point of this, nothing says devs will accept this and not ban your account once all will be setup (and will ban too the receiver of the cash).
Valgar

Postby bondowondo » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:14 pm

friendly dudes? what game are you playing exactly? ive yet to have a single encounter with "friendlies" that didnt end in their entire group coming over to gank me within the next 3 days after contact. indeed selling protection COULD be a scam, but seeing as im willing to pay for something most players do for free (run around murdering other players), theres little incentive to scam me and much incentive to just be my stand by military force whenever i need. hell it even incentives me to not worry about combat stats at all, thus relying on them further as time goes on. i could care less about the bank accounts of other players. and once again, this kind of discussion wouldnt be necessary if new players were offered even the slightest form of protection against this shit. jorb can chime in any time he wants and tell me this shit does not fly, and ill let it end there. though i will point out to him that this is entirely his fault for the lack of fucks given towards new players and solo players.
bondowondo

Next

Return to The Moot