it's not fun to be murdered by tryhards

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: it's not fun to be murdered by tryhards

Postby fishbro001 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:31 am

Angelklaine wrote:So what I have learned from this thread is that the new definition of psycopath is a guy who pvp's someone in a full loot pvp game. Nice.

In essence, don't run from players unless you KNOW you can escape. Fight them. Even if you lose maybe you can leave them with a couple fell slashes to remember you by, and dont give me that "I have no combat skills or gear" excuse. If you have no combat skills in a full loot, permadeath pvp game, then that's your own fault. Accounts are free. Learn to make alts or resign yourself to be a bottom feeder. Crying in the forums will only make people laugh at you.

Just because you can pick flowers doesnt mean this is an utopia.

Good idea, since my UA is 1 ill probably just facepalm and laugh in their face as they kill me instead
fishbro001

Postby terechgracz » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:26 pm

fishbro001 wrote:Good idea, since my UA is 1 ill probably just facepalm and laugh in their face as they kill me instead

Why you don't put Combat skills on character that leaves base? Anyway, why in game with PvP you didn't invest any LP for combat skills? Go play any MMORPG without leveling, try PvP some high-end players and tell me difference xD.
terechgracz

Postby Angelklaine » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:33 am

fishbro001 wrote:Good idea, since my UA is 1 ill probably just facepalm and laugh in their face as they kill me instead

Absolutely. You are well within your rights to not spend points in combat skills. I am sure those taking stuff from you will be happy of your decision!
Angelklaine

Postby telum12 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:31 pm

Angelklaine wrote:So what I have learned from this thread is that the new definition of psycopath is a guy who pvp's someone in a full loot pvp game. Nice.

In essence, don't run from players unless you KNOW you can escape. Fight them. Even if you lose maybe you can leave them with a couple fell slashes to remember you by, and dont give me that "I have no combat skills or gear" excuse. If you have no combat skills in a full loot, permadeath pvp game, then that's your own fault. Accounts are free. Learn to make alts or resign yourself to be a bottom feeder. Crying in the forums will only make people laugh at you.

Just because you can pick flowers doesnt mean this is an utopia.

This is a dumb take. I've had embarrassing moments of fucking up and letting people escape in dumb ways, and it's harder to full-kill someone who is running away in any meaningful way.

You are not going to land fell slashes on a pvp boi, you're just going to chip into their armour while they set up a max cleave lmao
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby MightySheep » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:17 pm

telum12 wrote:This is a dumb take. I've had embarrassing moments of fucking up and letting people escape in dumb ways, and it's harder to full-kill someone who is running away in any meaningful way.

You are not going to land fell slashes on a pvp boi, you're just going to chip into their armour while they set up a max cleave lmao

I agree, also fighting and running isnt mutually exclusive so its a dumb thing to say in the first place.

West Continent Native Meets British Colonists [Colorized]
This video from pvp highlight thread shows example of gank chase. I cropped a 5-10 minute chase out but you can see this idiot literally runs into the ocean then has to do a 90 degree turn and then fails to run 4 speed.

If someone who does everything wrong like this can make us run for 10 min, it just shows how easy it is to run away in pvp. You just get speed buff after speed buff and run in a straight line. The game is literally designed so you can always get away unless you make a mistake.

Nobody ever really gets "full killed" I havent seen it happen to anyone unless they swim, so the only take away from this thread should be NEVER SWIM IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE tbh. You wont be full killed in normal pvp.
MightySheep

Postby vatas » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:57 am

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Angelklaine » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:49 am

vatas wrote:Image

Yes.
Angelklaine

Previous

Return to The Moot