it's not fun to be murdered by tryhards

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: please ban the tryhard botters

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:12 pm

Yeah I think this guy is just trolling at this point
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby miyu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:13 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:I doubt anyone is interested in "debating" or whatever with you, you're ill-informed and objectively wrong, and your hilarious defiance appears to make trying to talk to you pointless.

what is there to debate when you can't answer a question and only give bits of information. this thread is 7 pages and I'm trying to learn but everyone just gives half-answers, insults and all that instead, took a few pages just to get out of people the drowning thing
how many more pages until someone explains how did my friend get murdered without being in Murder if your understanding of the wiki is the correct one? is that another hidden quirk of the game that needs certain setup or an exploit?
I understand that deep water bad to get KOed in, but what else there is to avoid getting murdered without involving water?
Last edited by miyu on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miyu

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:15 pm

miyu wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:I doubt anyone is interested in "debating" or whatever with you, you're ill-informed and objectively wrong, and your hilarious defiance appears to make trying to talk to you pointless.

what is there to debate when you can't answer a question and only give bits of information. this thread is 7 pages and I'm trying to learn but everyone just gives half-answers, insults and all that instead, took a few pages just to get out of people the drowning thing
how many more pages until someone explains how did my friend get murdered without being in Murder?

If you're for real, you're just one in a procession of entitled sprucecaps that parade through here periodically pissed off about their own mistakes. The reaction you're getting is merited, and especially so based on your reaction. :D
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby miyu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:17 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:
miyu wrote:

how many more pages until someone explains how did my friend get murdered without being in Murder?

If you're for real, you're just one in a procession of entitled sprucecaps that parade through here periodically pissed off about their own mistakes. The reaction you're getting is merited, and especially so based on your reaction. :D

my own mistake that I don't know how the game works on a code level to understand all the exploits, bugs, and quirks? yea, it is my mistake and I never said it's not. but it is unreal to expect that of a player, especially someone who just started this world with their friends that played before
Last edited by miyu on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miyu

Postby The_Blode » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:17 pm

shh
Last edited by The_Blode on Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Blode

Postby miyu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:18 pm

The_Blode wrote:
miyu wrote:

Alright, listen. You're a dipstick and I'm using an insult because your first response was to call others botters and incite a ban against them. Don't preach civility if your first move is to shriek like a child. But I'll help you out.

-What your friend SAYS has no bearing on anything. He isn't some authority figure, developer, or god. If he's overruled by people with thousands of posts discussing this game, tough titties.
-YOU CANNOT BE KILLED UNLESS YOU HAVE MURDER ACTIVATED. MURDER ALLOWS YOU TO MURDER ANYONE ELSE WHO IS ATTEMPTING TO MURDER. ALL NON-MURDERY PLAYERS HAVE KNOCKOUT PROTECTION THAT ALLOWS THEM TO TELEPORT ONCE KO'D

Thank you for your time

ok thanks, I'll try again and hope it works
Last edited by miyu on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miyu

Postby Zyean » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:19 pm

miyu wrote:

how many more pages until someone explains how did my friend get murdered without being in Murder if your understanding of the wiki is the correct one? is that another hidden quirk of the game that needs certain setup or an exploit?
I understand that deep water bad to get KOed in, but what else there is to avoid getting murdered without involving water?

If youre serious then its because his hard hp hit 0, you can still be killed if youre wandering around with low hhp, concussions can do 5-20% of your max hp and players hits inflict wounds on you as well, further lowering your hard hp, if youre below 50% hard hp and wandering outside your base and someone rolls up on you, you have a decent chance to kick the bucket, honestly below 70-80% can be spooky even
Zyean

Postby miyu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:21 pm

Zyean wrote:
miyu wrote:

If youre serious then its because his hard hp hit 0, you can still be killed if youre wandering around with low hhp, concussions can do 5-20% of your max hp and players hits inflict wounds on you as well, further lowering your hard hp, if youre below 50% hard hp and wandering outside your base and someone rolls up on you, you have a decent chance to kick the bucket, honestly below 70-80% can be spooky even

hmhm, that's a really good tip thanks a lot! so at 90-100% I should be relatively safe from that then
miyu

Postby vatas » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:22 pm

As long as you don't activate murderous rage, no player will ever be able to attack you while you're KO'd.

They can still reverse-pickpocket leeches into you and hope you don't notice, this can easily kill you as character's reaction to running out of Soft Hit Points is to dive face first to whatever surface they're standing on, resulting in additional Concussion damage.

Wikif wrote:As long as you have the Murder skill, and KO someone in a murderous rage, you can continue attacking them until they die

This sentence is absolute garbage, I can't really blame anyone for interpreting this "Evil player has murderous rage = evil player can attack you even when KO."

I will try to fix it but can't come up with foolproof alternative right now. EDIT: entire section with that sentence nuked off the wiki.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Zyean » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:36 pm

miyu wrote:
hmhm, that's a really good tip thanks a lot! so at 90-100% I should be relatively safe from that then

Generally speaking, players deal 40% of the damage you take as HHP damage, sometimes less depending on a number of factors but assume 40%, murderous rage boosts that to 60% but of the downside of being able to be killed when you get downed

So if someone without murderous rage hits you for all of your hp, you lose 40% of your hhp and 5-20% from a concussion, if someone hits you for 90% of your hp and then 100% of youe max hp on the second hit, you lose 36% from the first hit and then 40% from the second hit and then 5-20% from the concussion, your damage taken cannot exceed your HHP, its literally impossible to die if youre full hp even if youre unlucky and take a max concussion roll unless they murderous rage and guess your hp correctly
Zyean

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot