Mystic Quest Repeat

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Mystic Quest Repeat

Postby Matexo » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:21 pm

I abandoned a quest since i was not getting the conversant boulder experience event happening for me. I completed the other 2 requirements but abandoned it for that reason. The quest given to me after had conversant boulder in it again. I thought this was changed to not give you the same quest after abandoning? Frustrated since I had only 1 quest left to finish mystic and cannot abandon quest again. Whats the recommendation for this?
Tailor of Brodgar
Exceptional Service & Quick Delivery
Walking Cupboard
Matexo

Re: Mystic Quest Repeat

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:44 pm

idk how the RNG works in this game, and this might just be me being crazy, but I always wait for like 10 minutes before abandoning an aids quest
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Sollar » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:28 am

This is what I did: Find a boulder quest-giver. Have an active quest involving that quest giver (meaning that if you right-click the boulder you get an option either "say hi" or "report back"). Now play the game normally until you proc an experience event - usually while doing so you get a small window of time where it is most likely to proc other xp events. This is the moment you go to your quest-giver and right click on it and hope for the best. If you do not proc the xp event, do not select any of the available options so you get to keep that quest active - rinse and repeat. Re-visit the quest-giver after you start another streak of XP events. Conversant boulder and talking tree are coming out pretty frequent so I don't usually straight up abandon them, but then again the RNG is dead stupid on Experience xx quests.
Sollar

Postby Miss_Min » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:02 pm

Sollar wrote:This is what I did: Find a boulder quest-giver. Have an active quest involving that quest giver (meaning that if you right-click the boulder you get an option either "say hi" or "report back"). Now play the game normally until you proc an experience event - usually while doing so you get a small window of time where it is most likely to proc other xp events. This is the moment you go to your quest-giver and right click on it and hope for the best. If you do not proc the xp event, do not select any of the available options so you get to keep that quest active - rinse and repeat. Re-visit the quest-giver after you start another streak of XP events. Conversant boulder and talking tree are coming out pretty frequent so I don't usually straight up abandon them, but then again the RNG is dead stupid on Experience xx quests.

The OP did not ask 'How do I get the 'Conversant Boulder' event?', the OP asked 'why does ditching this quest result in getting another quest for the SAME DAMN THING, and can I avoid this happening in the future?'

I was getting frustrated (with a Mystic quest! surprise!) and started keeping a record. It took 57 further attempts - not 57 from getting the quest, but from when I started counting - to Experience The Thing. And then I experienced it again 48 hours later, once I was an an unrelated Mystic quest. Yes, the random number generator hates you. It may or may not be personal.

(I am currently on 'take this ore to a tree'. I can confirm that in this instance, ditching the first 'take a kind of ore that you do not have to a tree' quest resulted in a quest to a take a different and harder to obtain ore to a different tree. I was impressed because usually it's 'mine schrifterz" -> yeah no -> 'mine 5 pieces of schrifterz then'.
Miss_Min

Postby kirillius98 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:22 pm

Jorb, change quest-giving system please... Again...
Make it impossible to get outseasoned foragebles (taste of morels) as demand and add free quest reroll at the beginning of new season (or force it to reroll quest without losing progress on credo)
kirillius98

Return to The Moot