Anyone intetested in RP stuff?

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Anyone intetested in RP stuff?

Postby Enote » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:31 am

Hi. I am pretty new here and I absolutely love how awesome this game is and I noticed, that this game feels like a good platform for roleplay.
Is there some sort of rp community or maybe people interested in playing the game in character?
Enote

Re: Anyone intetested in RP stuff?

Postby joojoo1975 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:34 pm

at one time there were a group or two that roleplayed

hell there was even a "public" village that allowed anyone to join. Broadgar, I think it was called

but it died out after players killed the RP'rs

Mind you, that wasn't the only thing that killed the RP here, but it was the main thing.
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby Enote » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:55 pm

So people was just "Wow , people are having fun without really caring about grinding and stuff, so lets kill them all to ruin their fun and scare away any relaxed RPers just for some lulz"?

Meh. Well, if anyone is willing to try rping here again dm me on Discord Enote#4605 :3
Enote

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:15 pm

Go roleplay in a notepad or discord DMs if you won't defend yourself in a PVP perma-death game
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:10 pm

i mean getting killed would add quite the interesting twist to the rp? could even humor the killer for an interesting conversation, seems like failed rp to me.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Enote » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:54 am

Nightdawg wrote:Go roleplay in a notepad or discord DMs if you won't defend yourself in a PVP perma-death game

So basically you say "Do not RP" because RP usually takes a lot of time, and to survive you need that time for grind.

Well i get it
Enote

Postby Enote » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:57 am

wonder-ass wrote:i mean getting killed would add quite the interesting twist to the rp? could even humor the killer for an interesting conversation, seems like failed rp to me.

Well it is an interesting twist for sure, and can be played through...

But usually being killed without a reason just sucks. Iknow its how pvp works , but still
Enote

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:29 pm

Enote wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:Go roleplay in a notepad or discord DMs if you won't defend yourself in a PVP perma-death game

So basically you say "Do not RP" because RP usually takes a lot of time, and to survive you need that time for grind.

Well i get it

No, what I mean is, if you're joining a CSGO match and you refuse to shoot back at all, but instead you start writing in the chat "ooh shit /me unzips his pants haha fun" then you go "WHY DID YOU SHOOT ME, YOU ARE DESTROYING MY FUN", that's your problem.
I just said that this is perhaps not the right game to roleplay in, if you will not defend yourself against those people.

By your logic, you won't even be able to set up a village, because RP takes a lot of time, and to build one you need that time to grind.

Well I get it.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby joojoo1975 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:55 pm

Enote, if you are serious. then seriously consider the RP like in real life:

Make your own village and have everything ready to go(walls, visitor gates, etc etc). get it setup and what not. Then make an area out side where you can bring in others. those you already know and trust, automatically go into village. the others who you don't know. they can settle close to you and earn your trust(this should take weeks of RP not hours or days)

Use visitor Gates Galore.

Optional (and I recommend against it) after your village is setup and you are ready, begin making routine posts about your village life and doing recruitment threads

be prepared to watch all of this go in flames!
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:04 pm

I would strongly recommend against Haven as a RP game.

My group put hundreds of hours into making the largest realm in the game, and put a lot of effort into making it LARP-y/interesting. The devs wouldn't even let us name it, and deleted half of our realm related threads.

They (literally) said they did this as a joke. The first time I believed them, after the third time I did not. If you make something cool they will find a way to destroy it, just like they did with Community Fair. It's like playing D&D with a rly adversarial/arbitrary DM.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves