Re: The only world reset/wipe requests/discussion topic

Postby Kamil457 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Worse is no place to trade. And they will die if someone burnout.
BTW how many trade places you have around?
Kamil457

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:59 pm

There's at least one market on every continent. Some have two or more. Check the Apples for Oranges section, particularly Ants's "Market List". I don't think it's comprehensive of everyone, but Ants has done a good job of keeping those that post listed.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MrM » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:58 pm

Hello guys! Any news about World reset?
MrM

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:52 am

MrM wrote:Hello guys! Any news about World reset?

Any upcoming world resets will be posted in Announcements. I don't foresee any for at least the next six months. I expect they'll want to finish the current project (a combat rework) and loftar will want to get the client rewrite finished before getting into tinkering with the world parameters. They also have their long term goal of the "object controlled objects," which, as I understand, will require a map redesign.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby MrM » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
MrM wrote:Hello guys! Any news about World reset?

Any upcoming world resets will be posted in Announcements. I don't foresee any for at least the next six months. I expect they'll want to finish the current project (a combat rework) and loftar will want to get the client rewrite finished before getting into tinkering with the world parameters. They also have their long term goal of the "object controlled objects," which, as I understand, will require a map redesign.

Makes perfect sense! Thank you Mr MagicMan!

Is it known what is the 'object controlled objects' thing?
MrM

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:59 am

'Object controlled objects' is a means of adding better control to objects of the game. The consequences will be more utility where we already see things like being able to use a horse (while riding) to pull a cart, and also include custom housing builds and layout and bridges to name a couple. It is a long term project.
MagicManICT

Postby Headchef » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:36 am

And here in haven by long term project we mean maybe your grandchildren will get to see it, IF they're lucky.

RENDERING CLIENT UPDATE STILL IN THE PIPE BTW 2.5 YEARS AND COUNTING?
Headchef

Postby CaveHermit » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Combat rework will probably take months bcs Jorb and loftar make some shit system where skills have animation :lol: talk with few fighters they already said if that combat will be in real haven they became farmers and will for up industry and sell items XD
CaveHermit

Postby MrM » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:53 pm

It's a bit surprising to see such a brilliant game not living up to its full potential. I don't know much about the developers so please do not stone me for what I'm about to say now but I wish there was a bigger team working on this project. There is plenty of silly things to be fixed (can't plant herbs directly in the soil; cupboards colours; meteorites as a sausage for factions only; lack of tree log stocks) and I don't understand how it came to W11 without fixing such small problems before implementing bigger ideas.

Anyway, I cannot wait for the world reset to become a naked body in a dangerous wilderness again. Definitely the most exciting part of the game.
MrM

Postby Headchef » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:59 pm

MrM wrote:It's a bit surprising to see such a brilliant game not living up to its full potential. I don't know much about the developers so please do not stone me for what I'm about to say now but I wish there was a bigger team working on this project. There is plenty of silly things to be fixed (can't plant herbs directly in the soil; cupboards colours; meteorites as a sausage for factions only; lack of tree log stocks) and I don't understand how it came to W11 without fixing such small problems before implementing bigger ideas.

Anyway, I cannot wait for the world reset to become a naked body in a dangerous wilderness again. Definitely the most exciting part of the game.

meteorites not being easy to get for sprucecaps was the entire point of them occuring. drives competition. If they allow another method of getting it, it severely devalues the event as any noob can over time get meteor bars.
Headchef

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.