World 14 Reset Megathread

Various threads archived from other subforums.

Re: World 14 Reset Megathread

Postby Chacer » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:34 pm

The game needs a season system where the world lasts more or less 1 year or year and a half.

Most players like to play the first few months when the world is new, then the farming of stats and qualities ends up boring if there is no other goal than to improve your character more and more.

That's why I think that a season system like other games, where if you get achievements like reaching X stats, completing X dungeon, getting X credos or hunting a whale for example, they reward you with some special hat or some kind of reward for the characters from that account.

In the end, what the game has to achieve is to maintain a regular number of players and the current system makes them lose interest after a few months due to lack of a goal, and return only when a new world is announced.
Chacer

Postby srt66 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:13 am

Temessis wrote:Does we always need new changes in up coming W? There is no sense in starting now cause everyone got 300q, 1000+ stats and everyone can kill me right away when I start. The game is designed this way that the fun is only at the start when everyone is more or less equal and there are no conquered mountains or swamps, now it's only grinding imo

It is PVE.

If PVE. More than 700 online every day
srt66

Postby SpacePig » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:09 pm

srt66 wrote:
Temessis wrote:Does we always need new changes in up coming W? There is no sense in starting now cause everyone got 300q, 1000+ stats and everyone can kill me right away when I start. The game is designed this way that the fun is only at the start when everyone is more or less equal and there are no conquered mountains or swamps, now it's only grinding imo

It is PVE.

If PVE. More than 700 online every day

Of course you can be killed, but
1. if you build a palisade, then you can not be killed,
2. and if you learn to take off the red in PvP and go outside only with full hard HP, then you will not be killed with a probability of 99.99%
3. there are only 10 maniacs in the whole game who can attack a spruce hat for no reason, the probability of meeting them far from the ocean, markets, large bases, tingwalls, rivers is negligible
4. if you want to play 1, you can at any time, your experience will be no different from the game at the start, if you do not run next to other people's claims.
5. Now nothing that a novice player can grow or obtain is of value - all this is 100% garbage. There is no use in killing you and even robbing you.
6. The most dangerous time in the game is just the first 2 weeks, when a lot of people will attack you for a boat, a 6-slot belt or a lead ring.
7. don't expect that if you start playing solo from the beginning of the world you will be able to kill someone, your position will be the same as now in a week after the start.
SpacePig

Postby srt66 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:39 am

Nightdawg wrote:All discussions requesting a wipe or reset of the current W14 will take place in this thread.

I unlocked it cause I saw fit.

Good news.
School starts on the 30th. ¦]
srt66

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:36 pm

srt66 wrote:
Nightdawg wrote:All discussions requesting a wipe or reset of the current W14 will take place in this thread.

Good news.

I'm pretty sure most of us finished university, let alone school... :roll:
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Ukhata » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:03 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
srt66 wrote:

Good news.

I'm pretty sure most of us finished university, let alone school... :roll:

im halfway finished with life!
Ukhata

Postby Chacer » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:20 am

Where are Jorb and Loftar? Now the game seems dead. No updates , no new world. :(

We need some news. A new world in september , for example. :)
Chacer

Postby noindyfikator » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:23 am

Chacer wrote:Where are Jorb and Loftar? Now the game seems dead. No updates , no new world. :(

The game didn't change since last year. We got a few very small updates. No point for new world right now.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby srt66 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:06 am

They are all eating and waiting for death in the game, save them!
srt66

Postby Chacer » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:20 pm

noindyfikator wrote:
Chacer wrote:Where are Jorb and Loftar? Now the game seems dead. No updates , no new world. :(

The game didn't change since last year. We got a few very small updates. No point for new world right now.

This game is only fun for the first few months when you are building the base, surviving and improving your character, while interacting with other players, who are more or less at your level. When more than 6 months pass, as the game is designed, it becomes boring, since you only have the goal of raising and raising the qualities without end. The pvp high end ( meteorite ) and the sieges are designed for large clans with their alters, which is logical. Players drop out of the game, either out of boredom or because their character has been killed. That's why, as I said before, as the game is designed, a world should come out every year like the season system of other games.

If they want the worlds to last longer and maintain a good number of players, they should redesign a lot of things about gameplay, death and that the qualities have a cap and do not go up to infinity. The dungeons they were adding was a good idea to extend the game time, since you had a goal of improving your character to complete X dungeon.

New players will not enter worlds that are more than 1 year old where there are players with monstrous stats that kill you just by brushing you. Apart from that, thanks to the shops or bases abandoned by the world, you skip fun parts of the gameplay, since you can get things that from the beginning would cost you weeks.
Chacer

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.