Fixed exchange rates

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Fixed exchange rates

Postby moonshield » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:35 pm

1:3 sc/wic
1:8 wic/cic

fine?
moonshield

Re: Fixed exchange rates

Postby Krantarin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:43 pm

Although I was pushing for lower WIC:SIC rates earlier, now that my settlement is in full scale steel business, I don't argue with those rates.

As the Chieftain and Marketing Representative of Pinevalley settlement, I endorse the fixed exchange rates set by Moonshield.
A Lurker from the days when Laketown was on the frontier and Bottleneck was the military superpower.
Krantarin

Postby p1geonman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Could the same rate of exchange be made for the bars themselves?
p1geonman

Postby theTrav » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:13 am

p1geonman wrote:Could the same rate of exchange be made for the bars themselves?

100 coins = 1 bar therefore 1 bar = 100 coins.
The 1 coin loss due to the metal press should be incurred by the party who lacks coins to trade with and not be taken as part of the trade itself
theTrav

Postby theTrav » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:17 am

I've also mentioned before that I feel the 1:3 wic:sc ratio is too generous, it should be 1:4 and 1:3.7 at the lowest for bulk trades
theTrav

Postby sami1337 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Krantarin wrote:Although I was pushing for lower WIC:SIC rates earlier, now that my settlement is in full scale steel business, I don't argue with those rates.

As the Chieftain and Marketing Representative of Pinevalley settlement, I endorse the fixed exchange rates set by Moonshield.

That's fucked up. You drive the prices down into the ground just because you can't effort it. Now you can and you try to keep it as high as possible so you can profit most.

Don't even bother entering a discussion about something you can't experience at that moment.

:evil:
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Potjeh » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:42 pm

As is obvious from my sales thread, I agree with these exchange rates for now. There is a much greater demand for wrought iron than there is supply, so it's reasonable to make it expensive. However, a full industry character can turn 1/3 of cast iron bars into wrought iron, and that's not even counting those bars that revert from bloom to cast. So, after the demand for wrought gets filled to reasonable levels, price of wrought iron should go down. I think that 1:5 or 1:6 would be fair, keeping in mind compensation for the work of converting cast iron to wrought.

Wrought for steel, on the other hand, is already a stable market, so price there is unlikely to change. While I feel that 2:1 would be more fair, I can agree with 3:1 rates. If it gets over 3:1, however, I'm not accepting steel in any transactions.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Krantarin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:50 pm

sami1337 wrote: You drive the prices down into the ground just because you can't effort it. Now you can and you try to keep it as high as possible so you can profit most.

Don't even bother entering a discussion about something you can't experience at that moment.

I realized that you were right to some extent, and it's much harder to make steel on a large scale than I thought. It has been consuming all too much of my time. It's just that I'm compromising. You think I'm driving the price as high as possible for my own profit--note that theTrav still wants a much higher price and insists that 3:1, the price I now support, is far too low.

When I was trying to drive prices down, it was because that was very important to my settlement. My entering that discussion was completely justified, and made perfect sense considering that I was making the wrought at the time.

Edit: It's weird that you get so angry about this stuff! I guess it's just that it's the internet. You can do whatever you want, so you will.
A Lurker from the days when Laketown was on the frontier and Bottleneck was the military superpower.
Krantarin

Postby sami1337 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:30 pm

It's not weird. We are trying to sort things out while people try to ruin the market with their crazy ideas.
And i am not angry. Just voicing my opinion because is frustrating to see you change your mind because you see it fit your needs better.

But it was merely an opinion that i needed to get out..
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Jfloyd » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Really, why is it so hard to decide this. Wrought iron isn't that hard to make, and steel just takes time.
5:1 is fair, considering, thats 2 1/2 milita swords, for one bar.
"When I grow up, I want to be just like Kaka" -James Floyd, on growing up.
Jfloyd

Next

Return to [ARCHIVE]Apples for Oranges