[POLL] Do you enjoy current pvp in Haven & Hearth?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: [POLL] Do you enjoy current pvp in Haven & Hearth?

Postby Aerysette » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:57 am

With botting, hugely advantageous custom clients, and numerous mechanics like FEPs and hunger being cheesed? No safe zones to distance yourself from super dedicated PVP groups? Nope. Most people would see how long it takes to make leather armor for any semblance of protection and nope the fuck out as it is, especially when their leather is vanishing every time they sign off for the day. Add the KOS roamers with an understanding of how to break every mechanic in the game somehow to the mix and it's rather disastrous. Very little moderation, acceptance of bots, scripting, and visual/pathing assistance... lol. It's a mess.

PVP isn't going anywhere, I don't think it should, either. It's not for me to say what the game needs or doesn't need; that's on the devs to decide. The rampant cheating is not something many players will willingly support, however, and I'm certain that this and the very steep learning curve wall a huge amount of players out of enjoyment of Haven. At least I know where to point a PVP player in other games whenever they complain that there's no true game for their playstyle. Haven can be that niche.

Only thing I think could help is if the devs level out the playing field. Give everyone the same tools to succeed in their vanilla client, provide proper guidance to new players in-game, and let it go whatever way it goes from there.
Aerysette

Postby Jaggens » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:26 pm

noindyfikator wrote:I like how current PvP works, I enjoy it a lot.

Between factions:
First week -> Does my opponent have QB/Zig-Zag while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Second week -> Does my opponent have bronze gear while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Third week -> Does my opponent have 5/5 jugular/kito/zig-zag and other necessary moves while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Fourth week -> Does my opponent have steel gear while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Fifth week -> Does my opponent is whale abuser / hungercide abuser while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Six week -> 90% people who pvp quit -> (no pvp)
Seventh week -> For last 10% of people who want to run around for 1-2 hours for 1-2 KO's (can't say it's PvP)

Between big boys and spruces:
Can't say it's PvP -> (no pvp)

Between spruces:
(no PvP)

that's how it is to be honest, realms don't have incentive to help sieged or griefed subjects, so best you can do if you got bad start - craft some tsacks, fill your alts with pearls, gems and pit clay, and log off for some months until terminally online get bored, stop playing and decay.
Jaggens

Postby solisalias » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:42 pm

Jaggens wrote:

Between factions:
First week -> Does my opponent have QB/Zig-Zag while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Second week -> Does my opponent have bronze gear while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Third week -> Does my opponent have 5/5 jugular/kito/zig-zag and other necessary moves while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Fourth week -> Does my opponent have steel gear while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Fifth week -> Does my opponent is whale abuser / hungercide abuser while I don't? Yes -> RUN (no pvp)
Seventh week -> For last 10% of people who want to run around for 1-2 hours for 1-2 KO's (can't say it's PvP)

Between spruces:
(no PvP)

that's how it is to be honest, realms don't have incentive to help sieged or griefed subjects, so best you can do if you got bad start - craft some tsacks, fill your alts with pearls, gems and pit clay, and log off for some months until terminally online get bored, stop playing and decay.

or just make a new base on different province pali and claim is cheap with alt
solisalias

Postby Jaggens » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:00 pm

solisalias wrote:
Jaggens wrote:

Between factions:

Between spruces:
(no PvP)

or just make a new base on different province pali and claim is cheap with alt

that would be fourth vidol and fifth base overall in 23 days of W15. Most of time spent moving somewhere or looking for place to settle to then get griefed by someone, instead of playing a game Haven and Hearth™ and looking for stuff or mining out boreworms to kill your miner

skill issue tbh
Jaggens

Previous

Return to The Moot