[POLL] Do you enjoy current pvp in Haven & Hearth?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: [POLL] Do you enjoy current pvp in Haven & Hearth?

Postby MightySheep » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:05 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:PVP is progressively getting more accessible, but it feels a li'l icky to rub that in people's face when you come from a large village of people with a decade of experience and a private client. Starting from actual zero would be kinda hard. Where do you even find 5-10 other people who want to PVP, letalone a CS nerd willing to make a client.

in legacy a lot of known criminal pvpers were all just hermits like vigilance, bob dole & others i forgot, I had a thread made about my 2 man village on my first world cuz we left so many scents and killed 30+ sprucecap... nothing at all has changed since then and my playstyle wouldnt change at all if I was a hermit. I honestly was clueless about pvp back then but it didnt matter because I never ran into "faction" players and the 1 or 2 times I did I just ran away.

I will never accept any argument that pvp isnt accessible to new players. First of all who gives a shit about clients I just googled ard client and its 3rd on the list, its publicly available and its the same as the client Im using except old render which means nothing

of all the random fights ive had and ppl ive encountered in the wild its a small % that is from AD or polska and thats just because they seek us out. its just a boogeyman argument that doesnt reflect reality. I dont even think you really believe that you yourself would struggle to figure out pvp or to get basic equipment as a new player but ppl just assume new players are all dribbling retards because most of them act like it

I wish I could wipe my memory and prove pvp in this game is ez as fuck as a new player cuz Im bored of ppl pretending it isnt

The barrier to entry has never been lower, ur stats get equalized and this world they were even gonna equalize attributes, u cant even fuck ur hunger by playing the game anymore, im sure next world hwen that get implemented even the most inactive hermit can have even fights with faction players and im all for it, im so bored of grinding stats
MightySheep

Postby Angelklaine » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:11 am

I think PVP is too niche, even inside an already niche game. There are too many tricks and workarounds that some people know about that makes them specially lethal or able to evade capture. Then there is the majority of early game pvp that consists of sailing around and bashing people's ships just to drown them and loot their corpses. I mean, what fun is there in pvp when you cannot fight back? Sure there is the "git gud" argument, but when some people rush rage by day two while others are just trying to build, it makes the whole pvp aspect beyond reach of many. By the time a regular player that plays maybe 4 hours a day gets to be somewhat pvp capable, the 16hrs a day basement incel is already pushing the 200s and rocking steel. The gap gets exponentially bigger until you just have no chance.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am not one to whine about pvp, I think is not only good for the game but also necessary, but I think it needs to be reworked so when you solo piss off an entire region, you have a real fear the justice mob.
Angelklaine

Postby Halbertz » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:46 am

MightySheep wrote:using except old render which means nothing

Except it randomly crashes, except it randomly turn your pc in time machine back in days when 15 fps was acceptable.
Agree with everything else - some category of players made pvp is some kind of forbidden no no zone for whatever reason.

Angelklaine wrote:the 16hrs a day basement incel

Always find this cliche cringe af.

Imo this world will die sooner than last one for "scary pvp factions". No grand changes in mechanics, nothing that could hold folks who play exclusively for pvp. Disappointing ngl.
Halbertz

Postby MightySheep » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:52 am

Halbertz wrote:Except it randomly crashes, except it randomly turn your pc in time machine back in days when 15 fps was acceptable.

that wasnt my experience last world or any other world
MightySheep

Postby maxeusz » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:46 am

MightySheep wrote:
Halbertz wrote:Except it randomly crashes, except it randomly turn your pc in time machine back in days when 15 fps was acceptable.

that wasnt my experience last world or any other world

Lucky you!
I have a completely different experience. Maybe not crashes, but performance drops significantly after just an hour of playing, and even earlier if I accidentally run into hemp fields or reeds.
In addition, the load time of the locations is much higher, so entering/exiting a mine, cave or house is always a risk.
I did a trivial test on several clients - a bot race around a lake and through a mine and Ard out of all the clients came out the worst.
And we are talking about PvP, where reaction time is important.
maxeusz

Postby Dawidio123 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:43 pm

Ard is a mixed bag, i crashed maybe like once this world (was a lot less stable for me last world tbh) but a lot of people i play with are crashing on a regular basis, and if the clients starts freezing during combat you are fucked, we already got some KOs because of it.
Industry zones are obviously low fps zones due to all the stockpiles and objects, and it starts creeping on you as you place 500 drying frames pixel perfect in 20-40 fps.
And it's not like it's a perfect pvp client either, private clients have better UI (ie. stamina bar), much better pinging and probably a lot other minor convenience stuff.

Nonetheless ard is still amazing even with all its flaws and honestly if you are using ard you can't really complain about it during pvp other than a straight up crash (which also happens on private clients so w/e), i hope that new ender based client manages to implement all the good stuff from it so we can actually switch to a new render tho.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby overtyped » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:55 pm

MightySheep wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:PVP is progressively getting more accessible, but it feels a li'l icky to rub that in people's face when you come from a large village of people with a decade of experience and a private client. Starting from actual zero would be kinda hard. Where do you even find 5-10 other people who want to PVP, letalone a CS nerd willing to make a client.

in legacy a lot of known criminal pvpers were all just hermits like vigilance, bob dole & others i forgot, I had a thread made about my 2 man village on my first world cuz we left so many scents and killed 30+ sprucecap... nothing at all has changed since then and my playstyle wouldnt change at all if I was a hermit. I honestly was clueless about pvp back then but it didnt matter because I never ran into "faction" players and the 1 or 2 times I did I just ran away.

I will never accept any argument that pvp isnt accessible to new players. First of all who gives a shit about clients I just googled ard client and its 3rd on the list, its publicly available and its the same as the client Im using except old render which means nothing

of all the random fights ive had and ppl ive encountered in the wild its a small % that is from AD or polska and thats just because they seek us out. its just a boogeyman argument that doesnt reflect reality. I dont even think you really believe that you yourself would struggle to figure out pvp or to get basic equipment as a new player but ppl just assume new players are all dribbling retards because most of them act like it

I wish I could wipe my memory and prove pvp in this game is ez as fuck as a new player cuz Im bored of ppl pretending it isnt

The barrier to entry has never been lower, ur stats get equalized and this world they were even gonna equalize attributes, u cant even fuck ur hunger by playing the game anymore, im sure next world hwen that get implemented even the most inactive hermit can have even fights with faction players and im all for it, im so bored of grinding stats

The client works, but it's performance is so bad that it's hard to use. I have a good pc, but I get 25 fps in my plot, even with crops/trees turned off. I am not very happy about this, and it greatly reduces the games enjoyment.

Having a shitty time in the game because of terrible performance is Jorb and Loftars fault. They decided to leave the work of creating a useable interface in the hands of the players, and right now it's not working out. They have lost, and will continue to lose players over this until they change their priorities. A new render is utterly laughably meaningless when the only useable pvp client is in the old render, and sucks to play with.

The bare minimum needed is a client with fully functional pvp options. This is not negotiable for the long term health of the game.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Potjeh » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:08 am

Yeah I agree, the worst thing about PvP is the client disparity. At the minimum the default client should have tree hiding and terrain flattening.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby yym331 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:50 pm

We've engaged in random group battles of 3-4 players in W15, and I find the PVP in this game quite enjoyable. However, I believe that if there were features like one-click options to steal and drop all items and UI optimizations, we could fight more effectively. If we truly want to enhance the PVP experience, I feel that these features should be integrated into the default client.
Haven and Hearth Secrets of Hunting and Combat - Archive
https://youtu.be/2HdoAHInheQ
yym331

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:13 pm

What the weird card game where a bunch of hieroglyphics appear on your screen in default client?

no

EDIT: I like that players can fight each other and I think siege should be legalized

EDIT 2: Interesting results. they could also be expressed as 41% want no pvp, 59% desire pvp in some form, even if they do not like it or even participate in it now.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot