Haro

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Haro Port

Postby Fluffy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Agarrett wrote:I spent all that time on that original post for nothing? Come on people, wealth, fame, power, what more could you want?

Nuclear silos, a town named Moscow, a red army, and world domination. :lol:

seriously though, you should probably hold off on planning your town until at most a month before the map reset. I don't think players will want to stick with it for upwards of five months, and starting now would just result in disappointment if J&L really do a complete character wipe.
Your ad here
Fluffy

Postby Cain » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:02 am

Agarrett wrote:I spent all that time on that original post for nothing? Come on people, wealth, fame, power, what more could you want?

Women, beer, and steak

I'd join that town
I once dreamt of crafting beautiful thane's rings... then I discovered Big Bear Bangers. Now I smash beautiful things.
Cain

Postby Agarrett » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:03 am

Well we will definitely have beer, steak from cows and I'm pretty sure we will have a few women.
Agarrett

Postby theTrav » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:45 pm

Agarrett wrote:Come on people, wealth, fame, power, what more could you want?

How can someone who has none of these hope to offer it to people who already have it?

My advice is to start small, establish a reasonable settlement/grouping/faction of regular players in this map, here and now.
Build yourself into something worth talking about, be it traders, producers, or something less savory.

Then, once you have proven yourself capable, you will have a voice in society, and you can start calling for heroes and have some chance of them flocking to your banner.

As it is, you come across as someone who wants it all without having to work for it, and that does not a good leader make.
theTrav

Postby Agarrett » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:52 pm

Ok, I have thought about it and I will leave my current town and make a new one, as long as a few people come and help me found it. I also need at least one person who can kill bears for the teeth for a village claim, and someone who can kill deer for bones and antlers, mostly because my attack skills suck. We won't have a mine, mostly because I plan on being a trading village, so we can trade for bars. If you agree to all of these things then just go onto the IRC channel #HaroPort. So type into the IRC:

/join #HaroPort

Thanks to anyone who wants to help me make this town, and we will be making another port town on the next map as well.
Agarrett

Postby Delamore » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:25 am

Agarrett wrote:Ok, I have thought about it and I will leave my current town and make a new one, as long as a few people come and help me found it. I also need at least one person who can kill bears for the teeth for a village claim, and someone who can kill deer for bones and antlers, mostly because my attack skills suck. We won't have a mine, mostly because I plan on being a trading village, so we can trade for bars. If you agree to all of these things then just go onto the IRC channel #HaroPort. So type into the IRC:

/join #HaroPort

Thanks to anyone who wants to help me make this town, and we will be making another port town on the next map as well.

Remember that Agarrett loves to start fights with goons on IRC, sounds like a safe town.
Delamore

Postby Pacho » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:37 am

Eviction notice: You have 2 days to get your stuff out from your claim before the privilege is revoked and all goods are made public property.
Pacho

Postby Agarrett » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:29 am

No one wants to join?
Agarrett

Postby Agarrett » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 pm

Well, due to the upcoming reset, and instead of making a new thread, I'll just revive this one. Please refer the original post, as it really seems cool and possible now.

Oh, and:

Fluffy wrote:
Nero wrote:When's this new world coming, Doomsayer?

Dunno about you guys, but my crystal havenball says it'll be hundreds of hearthmoons away.

Actually, it was only approximately 4 hearth moons away.
Agarrett

Postby sabinati » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:10 pm

Agarrett wrote:No one wants to join
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled