Brodgar!

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Brodgar!

Postby kimya » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:16 am

i must say, im getting a bit annoyed of you claiming the ring. devs know what goods i already lost there. now i know your arguments, but still. i hope it isnt getting any worse :|
kimya

Postby roundedge » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:51 am

The huge plot of land to the east of Brodgar, the one once owned by odeyseuss, has been unclaimed by either the owner of the claim, or the devs. It was my intent to do this soon, but I was preempted. In any case, this space is now free to use. I have decided to mandate a preemptive halt on any private development of this land until we can come to a consensus on how it should be used.

My proposal is that a stone mansion be built at the location to operate as a public Inn, owned and operated by the city of brodgar. Outside of the inn would be a public market. We could abstain from extending village claim over that area, so private claims could be built upon which auto shops could be constructed, thus preventing village members from stealing from the stores without leaving scents (at least this is how the issue of auto shops has been explained to me by NoFace).

If anybody has any alternative proposals, or additional ideas to add to my own, please speak up. It would by nice to act quickly, so this discussion will last for a minimum of 4 days, after which I will evaluate the level of debate or consensus and either extend the discussion or take a vote.
Bullmax Strongbeer- Lawspeaker of Brodgar
"yeah I'm new I started about a hour ago.... ....Being with Brodgar makes everything easier, Thanks"-Cyth
roundedge

Postby theTrav » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:25 am

My main issue with not extending village authority over the area is that someone will probably come along and place a claim that's too large, or someone will go inactive and leave all their crap lying around...

If we can keep the place 100% claim free I'm all for the idea, but if people mess it up I think we'll have to extend brodgar over the area.

I firmly support both the inn and market place ideas, just with the caveat of, claim it and it's over.
theTrav

Postby Yolan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:12 pm

I like the idea of a public inn, but why not use the mansion you built by the RoB? It kind of makes it the actual 'Inn of Brodgar' then. ;-)
Yolan

Postby Potjeh » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:13 pm

Just don't extend your claim over the existing marketplace east of RoB, guys.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby theTrav » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Yolan wrote:I like the idea of a public inn, but why not use the mansion you built by the RoB? It kind of makes it the actual 'Inn of Brodgar' then. ;-)

Git your eyes off ma home! ;)
theTrav

Postby Lokito_fp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:14 am

the webier is done, bring out the tankards :P
To do list:
1-Booze
2-more booze
3- even more 1 and 2
4- plant and get seeds for bread
5-back to booze
Lokito_fp

Postby XkrikX » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:41 am

:o was i supposd to wait for an invitation? oops......
XkrikX

Postby Jeff » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:07 pm

I require the authorization to put down a runestone in the northern part of Brodgar for marketing purposes (something like "Jeffolo's Bakery Store ahead - follow this road")
Edit: i live just north of Brodgar, outside the city, anyway.
"I'm just an humble farmer, after all"
Jeff

Postby roundedge » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:38 am

I am all for sign post stones, do you need help placing it?
Bullmax Strongbeer- Lawspeaker of Brodgar
"yeah I'm new I started about a hour ago.... ....Being with Brodgar makes everything easier, Thanks"-Cyth
roundedge

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled