Brodgar!

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Brodgar!

Postby roundedge » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:47 pm

Now that the fix has been made on the vending stands, I've taken my claim off of the vending stands I've constructed so far. I think ultimately that Brodgar market should have no claims, just open vending stands. This means we could fit more vending stands, and that when someone isn't using a vending stand, the space gets used by someone else. This also means that any noobs who have something to sell could sell it without having to invest in yeomanry and the construction of a stand.

However there are a few negative points to my proposal. The first is that there would be less incentive to construct vending stands, but I suppose this is an initiative the city could undertake. The city could offer bars to people who would construct stands. Ideally we'd want high quality stands, so we'd need to include an incentive for that.

In addition, griefers could fill all the stands with outrageously priced goods. One solution I could think of is to have an official sheriff of the marketplace, her job would be to control and enforce reasonable use of the market place. So for instance, if a stand is filled up by sticks priced at 99 copper coins, the sheriff would remove the sticks. The sheriff would have to be strong enough to not fear leaving scents in shops. I suspect I'd have to write up a market charter, to outline the behaviour that is and isn't acceptable in the market, but it would likely be short.

Anyways, I'd like to put up a vote:

AYE if: you are in favour of keeping all claims out of brodgar market, thus ensuring that the market may be used by anyone, not just the select few who have built a claim.

NAY if: you are opposed to keeping claims out of the market, and think it is better to have specific individuals caring for each stand.

There is also a third option, which is to have a claimed section and an unclaimed section, and it's one I am considering. However I'd like to get a sense for where the citizens stand on either side.
Bullmax Strongbeer- Lawspeaker of Brodgar
"yeah I'm new I started about a hour ago.... ....Being with Brodgar makes everything easier, Thanks"-Cyth
roundedge

Postby Etienne » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 pm

I'd prefer to keep a claim around my stuff (so "NAY"), I like the idea of the sections too.
Etienne, slayer of rabbits, devourer of 'shrooms
Etienne

Postby Seizure » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:26 am

Nay. You know how many griefers there are in this game? If this happened, every single stall would be filled with sticks going for 999 coins the second it opened up.

Either that, or everyone would leave one item that is ridiculously priced in their stall so they don't loose their spot. Its a silly suggestion to be quite honest... Everyone seems to want to own the whole merchant way... Under the guise of "THE GREATER GOOD!"
Seizure

Postby Bl1tzX » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:52 am

I'm not a citizen yet again, but when I am...My vote will go towards 'NAY'.
Yes, I'm back from the realm of inactivity. I'll be waiting for Yolan to invite me back tomorrow...
Bl1tzX

Postby Bl1tzX » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:48 pm

Waiting here at Brodgar City's Village Idol.
Just waiting...
Bl1tzX

Postby Bl1tzX » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:41 pm

Im outside the gates of the copper mine. Waiting...
All I can say is...
Fucking level 9 Boars.
Bl1tzX

Postby Bl1tzX » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:44 am

Working for a coppermine isn't fun with no food, level 9 animals, and no torch.
Bl1tzX

Postby Bl1tzX » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:04 am

Today, I found a cart by the gate near the common farm plot.
Put it in the lost and found area. It contained a straw basket and 2 wicker baskets, all filled with quality 10 clay.
I suspect someone accidently got their cart stuck on the gate. Happened to me once too when I wasn't a citizen of Brodgar...
Bl1tzX

Postby theTrav » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:14 am

Fetdaniel wrote:A planner would suggest ways to get hold of mines and administrate them in an efficient way that would be easy for the citizens to use and help brodgar, or other resources that is necessary. He/she would also get information from other people and villages and try to establish trade and get a good understanding of the current and future market situation of haven and hearth. To forward the development of brodgar.

//Citizen Vetinari

You still play? I haven't seen you online for a long time, but haven't been on heaps myself either
theTrav

Postby Fetdaniel » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:53 pm

theTrav wrote:
Fetdaniel wrote:A planner would suggest ways to get hold of mines and administrate them in an efficient way that would be easy for the citizens to use and help brodgar, or other resources that is necessary. He/she would also get information from other people and villages and try to establish trade and get a good understanding of the current and future market situation of haven and hearth. To forward the development of brodgar.

//Citizen Vetinari

You still play? I haven't seen you online for a long time, but haven't been on heaps myself either

Yes I play, but I have been playing less these weeks, since I've been ill and other private stuff, but I play occasionally. I check the forum quite frequently too. PM me about a time and place to meet and I will come if I can, or say if I can't.

Edit: I am at GMT + 1 BTW.
Fetdaniel

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled