Goons Are Failing At Dickery

[ARCHIVE FOR WORLDS 1&2]Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Goons Are Failing At Dickery

Postby niltrias » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Xarx wrote:
Goonswarm is what the group of goons are calling themselves in EVE. A simple google search would have revealed this.

Yes....Goonswarm is what goons call themselves in a game. How logical that I should assume it is not this game, but another, and hence do a google search on it. Seriously, I have no interest in learning goon jargon. If they want to bring it to this forum, they should either explain it or expect to be misunderstood.

Besides, this is only the latest of Delamore's inflated population counts. Im sure that for an hour or so, at times, goons numbered 50% of the players online. I would further not be surprised to find that goon accounts total 50% of the total population. But when you consider players who actually stay on and play consistently for a few weeks or more, and disregard alts, his numbers are about as hard as CNNs.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby Gold » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:22 pm

niltrias wrote:Yes....Goonswarm is what goons call themselves in a game. How logical that I should assume it is not this game, but another, and hence do a google search on it. Seriously, I have no interest in learning goon jargon. If they want to bring it to this forum, they should either explain it or expect to be misunderstood.

Here's the original post that started this whole thing,

Devour wrote:Wow, you guys have got really whiny since I used to play against Goonswarm.

lol, oh wells.

Look at the past tense and common sense should tell you that he was not talking about this game in the first place.
Gold

Postby Jackard » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:32 pm

must not be doing that badly if we can still get idiots making multipage threads about us
Jackard

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 pm

"Us" "They" "We" "Them"
What's the meaning of this? Goons are just a random subset of people who have chosen to pay $10 to be members of a forum. Anyone on earth is just ten dollars away from being a goon. Why this strife?
Surprise.
Peter

Postby Jackard » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:58 pm

stryfe 4 lyfe
Jackard

Postby kimya » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:26 pm

maybe its like those hiphop gangstaz, thug for life :?:
kimya

Postby niltrias » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:10 am

Gold wrote:Here's the original post that started this whole thing,

Devour wrote:Wow, you guys have got really whiny since I used to play against Goonswarm.

lol, oh wells.

Look at the past tense and common sense should tell you that he was not talking about this game in the first place.

Touché
<Marcher Lord>
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby Marbo » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:09 pm

buttes
Marbo

Postby Gaiadin » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:18 am

niltrias wrote:
Gold wrote:Here's the original post that started this whole thing,

lol, oh wells.

Touché

Fail. Why give in? Why not argue: Devour could still have been referring to this game. To suggest that it is past tense and thus must be a different game, is a logical leap that could only be safely made by one with the certainty of its truth. This game has a past tense. Devour could have easily been referring to a time in the past of this game.

Not that I care either way.
Gaiadin

Postby niltrias » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:42 pm

I didnt say he was right, I said he made a valid argument. Touché means a point was scored, not that the match is surrendered. But anyway, I was arguing about what I considered extreme silliness, and with that post I was shown an equally convincing explanation, more or less, which allows me to see where the confusion arose. I did read that post originally much as you explained it before, but now I see how it could have been meant differently. I don`t think my reading was invalid, but I see how it could work both ways, and I think further argument would simply be polemic.
<Marcher Lord>
niltrias

PreviousNext

Return to [ARCHIVE]In Congress Assembled